• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon 1.5-5 scope

CowboyBart

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2007
North West WY
I'm looking at purchasing a Falcon 1.5-5 Tactical and would like some opinions and info.
Where are these made??
The 5 year warranty bothers me - where do I get it fixed after 5 years?
Optical quality?
Any other info

I am looking to shoot a 300 Whisper at up to 300 yds in low light conditions. I am open to other scope ideas but do have a tight budget. I am also looking at a Burris TAC 30 and a used Burris XTR.
I'd like to stay under $500. I want an illuminated ranging reticle, 30mm tube, smallish objective lens (36mm or so), reliable clicks.

Re: Falcon 1.5-5 scope

I had one for a little bit on my sig556 i used to have. I liked the circle with cross hair and dot. The illum was good - you could actually turn it so far up, mine bled on the highest... could see my green and my red in the daylight aimed at the snow. Clarity was pretty good... i could see out to 100 yds pretty easily... couldn't see my bullet holes in white paper or anything. And i think they're made in England??

I had a 1.5-5 I used for around a year and ~500 rounds. I didn't do a lot of dialing with it, but it held zero etc. The reticle and illumination were fine and it's mil/mil. It worked great for me, never had a problem.

I have one that I used for about 2 weeks. The illumination was goofy in that to get the brightest setting you had to wiggle the knob a little. There wasn't an even ramp up from lowest to highest. And mine didn't track consistently. I soon swapped to the Vortex PST and never looked back. Right now the Faclon sits on my coffee table holding down some bills.