• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Falsely accused & pissed

In this instance it was ME that was the result of someone else’s abuse of process , so it’s hard to just STFU.

I am not a dog that rolls over on its back and pisses on his stomach either.

I filed a formal complaint with my states Public Service Comm. Depending on what they accomplish , factors on what’s next. Whomever started the fishing expedition at the Power Co owes me a written apology to say the least.
I‘m not going to spend any/ much $$ just to prove them wrong. Don’t need the Police to use the encounter against me later either ..

We’ll see 🇺🇸

EDIT : Not ONE streetlight I reported out almost a year ago has been repaired In
my town. Think the Power Com is lazy 🤔

Last edited:
You did the right thing by filing a complaint with the Public Utilities Commission, or in your case Public Service Commission.

I'm not defending the company who's responsible for repairing street lights, and if it is the "Electric Power Entity" in your area, I'll just mention that as with many companies these days, they are probably understaffed, and street lights are a low priority compared to keeping the electricity flowing, and jumping through all the hoops of Govt. mandated compliance requirements like tree trimming around power lines, etc. ...or, it could be something as simple as the maintenance manager has a beef with the City, because the city hasn't reimbursed the power company for replacing lightbulbs in the last five years. Lots of variables in this complex world we live in, and it's not getting better.

In this instance it was ME that was result of someone else’s abuse of process , so it’s hard to just STFU.

I am not a dog that rolls over on its back and pisses on his stomach either.

I filed a formal complaint with my states Public Service Comm. Depending on what they accomplish , factors on what’s next. Whomever started the fishing expedition at the Power Co owes me a written apology to say the least.
I‘m not going to spend any/ much $$ just to prove them wrong. Don’t need the Police to use the encounter against me later either ..

We’ll see 🇺🇸

EDIT : Not ONE streetlight I reported out almost a year ago has been repaired In
my town. Think the Power Com is lazy 🤔
Lots of lazy people these days. Lots of people have no desire to get involved. See post below.

Don’t know about you bro, but it works for me and MY world is ok fine.
You must live in a bubble. What about the love for Thy neighbor? This only if it effects me crap is precisely why the country has gone to shit. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Without a light cast on the rot, the rot spreads whether it be trans crap being taught to second graders or some lazy ass people not doing their jobs, AKA not fixing some lights. If I was on the crew responsible for fixing lights it would have got done well before it got blown up into what the original post was about cause you know it’s the right thing to do. As long as people get away with it, it will get worse.

As for you only getting involved if it only directly effects you is akin to people not caring about assault weapons bans because it doesn’t effect their Pappys hunting rifle. One day you may be in a situation where you would want a good man to get involved if they could stop something. How about a little old lady crossing the street that would have made it across just fine with your help but fell and broke a hip cause you decided not to help because you know, it Didnt effect you. You gonna slam the door in someone’s face instead of holding it open because you already made it through? How about we look at it another way. You got kids? Got a daughter? You can’t be everywhere all the time. What if she is at college and a group of guys nabbed her and we’re carrying her off to rape her but there was an armed dude, hell he doesn’t even have to be armed, let’s just say there was a dude there that could have done something. Would you rather him have intervened and saved your daughter or just went on about his business because you know, it didn’t directly involve him? If we can’t change this idea of not loving thy neighbor or doing the right thing then, not only is the country screwed, but the entire world. Luckily, there are still people out there that care enough to do the right thing, whether it directly effects them or not.

I do feel you on not wanting to get involved, for obvious reasons. But I’d rather be remembered for at least trying to do good.

Last edited:
I do feel you on not wanting to get involved, for obvious reasons. But I’d rather be remembered for at least trying to do good.
Hmmmmmm… I ABSOLUTELY understand where you are coming from. And to go a step farther, I have no rebuttal to your point. However, in my life experience, I have seen the fall out from “ getting involved” “ looking out for fellow man” and a great deal of the times, ….didn’t go well for the “ do gooder “. The OP was talking about street lights. If it’s a thing for him, then, hell yea, go for it. Glad my street is not dark and I can see the keyhole when I come home so I can get in my house. But guess what? No one around the vicinity gives two shits when my man has cops walking around his house, snooping in his business, and asking questions about him. They hide under the cover of “ well , sucks to be him” and if it works out fine they will be glad to ride the gravy train to victory, and if not….who the f was that guy down the street who complained about the lights?
I prefer to MMOB and let it all go where it may. I don’t necessarily disagree with what you say, but just not willing to “put myself out there” to the detriment of ME.
All good …I respect all opinions here and cast no judgement on any….

PEACE
JM