• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fast Bolt manipulation video

USMCsean

Former Jarhead
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2014
    Ohio
    Anyone recall seeing a super fast bolt manipulation video from a shooter at a PRS match? He was shooting slightly downhill at a long distance and tapped off about 40-45 shots in a minute? If anyone has a link, I’d appreciate it.

I can’t figure out Facebook on my phone but longrifles inc on Facebook shared one like that from the 2015 SHC, guy laying prone in Camo laying the hate, I counted 35+ shots (beer gets in the way of counting) and two mag changes in two minutes

you can google the LRI on Facebook and then scroll their videos until you find it but my FB skills suck and I can’t figure out how to share it

I bet it was Phill Velajo (I think that’s right) that dude runs a bolt extremely fast.

never mind: I didn’t read fully. I disn’t realize you were looking for a certain video. It’s not phill but that dude is fast too!

Reactions: TEUFEL820
    Might not be what you're looking for, but search "stangskyting" or "mad minute" shooting... Dudes are crushing it.

The norwegians still compete in "stangskyting". I think they're hard to match. :)

Shit... I need a ton more practice. I can’t cycle my impact near that fast. I need about a million more rounds through it to get it that loose.

Is it this one? Marcus Blanchard lighting up the mover at the '15 SHC?

I remember that stage; it was a hoot! Probably the most fun out of that whole match. Of course it was in the 40's and pissing down rain the first day, so the second day was down right balmy and comfortable when this video was shot....

Fun times for sure!

Reactions: kthomas
    I remember that stage; it was a hoot! Probably the most fun out of that whole match. Of course it was in the 40's and pissing down rain the first day, so the second day was down right balmy and comfortable when this video was shot....

Fun times for sure!

I was RO'ing the stage next to this one. B1 "The Box".

That looked like a really fun stage to shoot. And that rain was miserable.

Reactions: MarinePMI
    Not the one I was referring to, same stage but holy hell they guy was fast, I sounded like a semi auto

If that's the same year I'm thinking of Cory West of team AI shot that stage either really fast or had most hits.

Those Norwegians are holding onto the bolt handle all the time, and using middle or ring finger on the trigger.
    Hello ....this technique may have may have been introduced by the Brits in WW II with their Lee Enfields. They did indeed use this method, but I'm not sure if they originated it.

@kthomas

Yeah, I remember that day, @lowlight had us shoot through lunch because of the thunder cells rolling in, and we barely made it out that day. That was a match where if you didn't have 4WD, you were hosed. The roads were gumbo that year at T3...

Reactions: kthomas
    I’m surprised he breaks his cheek weld each time.

Sling supported prone makes you crawl up the stock far more than bipod prone does. Unless the bolt goes under your face (like a Tubb2000, Ruger RPR, or a tube gun) it's almost impossible to run the bolt without moving your face some.

Reactions: Supersubes
    I opened the video up in YouTube then started looking through the different Associated videos... You guys should check it out looks like a lot of fun.

There was one I saw, can't find it again. It was starting in the standing position drop down to prone, no bipod, and engage three targets at three different distances, one shot each.

All open sites... Just my kind of shooting

Sling supported prone makes you crawl up the stock far more than bipod prone does. Unless the bolt goes under your face (like a Tubb2000, Ruger RPR, or a tube gun) it's almost impossible to run the bolt without moving your face some.
    Looking at it again, you’re right it would smack his cheek.