• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Father teaches daughter a lesson about Facebook

Re: Father teaches daughter a lesson about Facebook

That was awesome. I'd kick her out for 2-3 days maybe a week just see how far she gets before running back crying to her parents..

Good video, but the idea of kicking her out for 2-3 days, is not a wise one. Imagine her coming back pregnant, and/or worst off... Education is the finest thing you can offer your children, not punishment.

Old boy was a bit pissed. Laptop had to pay !
Kids can push your buttons, I aint shot nothing yet but I have been a bit pissed a time or ten.

That's good parenting right there

That is internet gold right there. You could actually hear his anger in his voice. Hope I never have to do that with my kids but if need be, I'll barrow his style. (I wouldn't have shot the laptop though)

More from Facebook

NASHVILLE, Tenn (Reuters) - A Tennessee couple who "defriended" a woman on Facebook were murdered in their home by the jilted woman's father and another man, police said on Thursday.

"It's the worst thing I've ever seen," Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece said, adding he had never seen anything like it in his 27 years in law enforcement in the area. "We've had murders, but nothing like this. This is just senseless."

He said Billy Clay Payne, Jr. and Billie Jean Hayworth were killed last month after they deleted Jenelle Potter, the daughter of one of the suspects, from their "friends" list. Both were shot in the head and the man had his throat cut.

The couple's 8-month-old baby was in the mother's arms, unharmed, when the bodies were found.

Marvin Enoch "Buddy" Potter Jr., 60, and Jamie Lynn Curd, 38, were each charged on Wednesday in Mountain City in northeastern Tennessee with two counts of first-degree murder. The men were arrested on Tuesday.

The case was not the first involving violence linked to Facebook. Last year in Iowa, a woman was arrested on accusations of setting fire to a friend's garage after she was defriended on the social network site, local media reported.

In Texas, a man was accused of hitting his wife after she failed to "like" a Facebook post he wrote about the anniversary of his mother's death, according to media reports.

In the Tennessee case, Reece said a couple of harassment cases had been filed against Jenelle Potter in court over "someone blocking her or taking her off."

"Once you've crossed her, you've crossed her father too," Reece said, adding that Jenelle Potter, in her late 20s or early 30s, stays home with her parents and was constantly on Facebook.

Her father, "Buddy" Potter, will return to court next week for a bond hearing after he hires an attorney. Curd, also a second cousin of one of the victims, was appointed an attorney and bond was set at $750,000 for each murder count. His preliminary hearing will be in March.

No charges have been filed against Jenelle Potter, the sheriff said. She could not reached for comment.

Curd's attorney, R.O. Smith, an assistant public defender, said it was "safe to say there's more to it than the Facebook problem, it appears."

"I wish I could provide more of what went on, but there's needless to say a lot of rumors swirling around and nothing substantiated on the rumors," Smith said.

Something tells me that dad had made the mistake of spoiling his daughter her whole life and is now seeing the effects of it and is trying to counteract it. Wish him the best of luck (if this is real and not just some staged thing for entertainment). He should have sent that laptop to FPSRussia.
laugh.gif

+100 Good work dad. Video may be a little overkill, but oh well.

I dont think this goes to bad parenting or spoiling the daughter. I think this generation is just lazy and expects a hand out. I have a step daughter who is much the same. She is out of the house now and 21 years old. She is still dependant on anyone who will feel sorry for her. She wasnt raised that way but her influences outside the home caused her to feel its ok to be lazy. The majority of her friends dont have chores or responsibility or curfew. She felt that because her friends didnt have to listen or have responsibility, she didnt need to either. So, she doesnt live at home anymore. Todays society doesnt raise kids like before and you will have to compete with the people who influence your kids more than you when they get older.....Their friends.
I respect this guys opinion and his position. More power to him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More from Facebook

NASHVILLE, Tenn (Reuters) - A Tennessee couple who "defriended" a woman on Facebook were murdered in their home by the jilted woman's father and another man, police said on Thursday.

"It's the worst thing I've ever seen," Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece said, adding he had never seen anything like it in his 27 years in law enforcement in the area. "We've had murders, but nothing like this. This is just senseless."

He said Billy Clay Payne, Jr. and Billie Jean Hayworth were killed last month after they deleted Jenelle Potter, the daughter of one of the suspects, from their "friends" list. Both were shot in the head and the man had his throat cut.

The couple's 8-month-old baby was in the mother's arms, unharmed, when the bodies were found.

Marvin Enoch "Buddy" Potter Jr., 60, and Jamie Lynn Curd, 38, were each charged on Wednesday in Mountain City in northeastern Tennessee with two counts of first-degree murder. The men were arrested on Tuesday.

The case was not the first involving violence linked to Facebook. Last year in Iowa, a woman was arrested on accusations of setting fire to a friend's garage after she was defriended on the social network site, local media reported.

In Texas, a man was accused of hitting his wife after she failed to "like" a Facebook post he wrote about the anniversary of his mother's death, according to media reports.

In the Tennessee case, Reece said a couple of harassment cases had been filed against Jenelle Potter in court over "someone blocking her or taking her off."

"Once you've crossed her, you've crossed her father too," Reece said, adding that Jenelle Potter, in her late 20s or early 30s, stays home with her parents and was constantly on Facebook.

Her father, "Buddy" Potter, will return to court next week for a bond hearing after he hires an attorney. Curd, also a second cousin of one of the victims, was appointed an attorney and bond was set at $750,000 for each murder count. His preliminary hearing will be in March.

No charges have been filed against Jenelle Potter, the sheriff said. She could not reached for comment.

Curd's attorney, R.O. Smith, an assistant public defender, said it was "safe to say there's more to it than the Facebook problem, it appears."

"I wish I could provide more of what went on, but there's needless to say a lot of rumors swirling around and nothing substantiated on the rumors," Smith said.
</div></div>

Why I don't have a facebook page. Everyone would be suicidal when I defriended them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think this goes to bad parenting or spoiling the daughter. I think this generation is just lazy and expects a hand out. I have a step daughter who is much the same. She is out of the house now and 21 years old. She is still dependant on anyone who will feel sorry for her. She wasnt raised that way but her influences outside the home caused her to feel its ok to be lazy. The majority of her friends dont have chores or responsibility or curfew. She felt that because her friends didnt have to listen or have responsibility, she didnt need to either. So, she doesnt live at home anymore. Todays society doesnt raise kids like before and you will have to compete with the people who influence your kids more than you when they get older.....Their friends.
I respect this guys opinion and his position. More power to him. </div></div>

I agree. Honestly (most of) my generation (i'm 21 as well) are worthless. There's only a handful that even go to college to get education the rest think college is about getting drunk 24/7. There will be that earth shattering day for them though where they realized they fucked up..

That was classic.

The young lady got off light, didn't have laptops and such when I was a kid, but if I had written something like that and my father found it, I doubt I'd be typing on a lap top now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think this goes to bad parenting or spoiling the daughter. I think this generation is just lazy and expects a hand out. I have a step daughter who is much the same. She is out of the house now and 21 years old. She is still dependant on anyone who will feel sorry for her. She wasnt raised that way but her influences outside the home caused her to feel its ok to be lazy. The majority of her friends dont have chores or responsibility or curfew. She felt that because her friends didnt have to listen or have responsibility, she didnt need to either. So, she doesnt live at home anymore. Todays society doesnt raise kids like before and you will have to compete with the people who influence your kids more than you when they get older.....Their friends.
I respect this guys opinion and his position. More power to him. </div></div>

I agree. Honestly (most of) my generation (i'm 21 as well) are worthless. There's only a handful that even go to college to get education the rest think college is about getting drunk 24/7. There will be that earth shattering day for them though where they realized they fucked up..

</div></div>

Thats not really true. I was out last week at a coffeshop and there were about 40 youngsters there. Some of them were a bit scruffy looking, but they were polite, and very well mannered. When I first sat down they looked at me a little funny, so I lightheartedly remarked, "Relax, kids, Im not a cop.". They had a good laugh and one said "We wouldnt care if yu were, we respect the police excepth when they are out of line.". A couple of them even came over and introduced hem selves. Made me right proud.

Would have been better with some 00-buck, but heck yeah. Many kids these days are rude and ignorant. I do not have a facebook account, as I seen how much drama the wife and others go through. Also I dont walk up to strangers on the street and start telling them about my day, so why post it on your "wall".

Nice! PArenting 101, Sniper's Hide style!

Well I don't have Spacebook or MyFace, but my spouse and son do. I believe it's an incredible waste of time.

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">I applaud the fathers efforts/actions!</span></span>

Hopefully there will be another chapter to this posted down the road.
wink.gif

Damn that was funny as all get out! I tell you what though, I'll admit I had just about everything I wanted when I was growing up (had to buy my own guns), but everything else, if there was a want or a need my parents made us earn it either through scholastic achievements or working in the yard. I inherently knew that if I rebelled or didn't do my chores that the gravy train would end. It sounds like she had the same gig going on but had no clue as to why she was doing it, she most likely felt entitled to whatever she had and that the chores were just some bull that here parents made her do cause they like being dicks. I mean how dumb are kids these days? My little girl is almost 3 and she knows if she acts up she gets privileges taken away and if she is good and listens she gets rewarded. So if a 3 year old can figure that out what the F' is wrong?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thats not really true. I was out last week at a coffeshop and there were about 40 youngsters there. Some of them were a bit scruffy looking, but they were polite, and very well mannered. When I first sat down they looked at me a little funny, so I lightheartedly remarked, "Relax, kids, Im not a cop.". They had a good laugh and one said "We wouldnt care if yu were, we respect the police excepth when they are out of line.". A couple of them even came over and introduced hem selves. Made me right proud.</div></div>

40 or so college students? And i'm referring to the majority, and around here between MSU and UM most if not all are exactly as i described. Not saying that the entire generation is bad but there is only a handful that are doing things the way their supposed to.

That was a beautiful thing to watch!!! Let's all chip in and by him a new box of .45acp !!!!!

Good for you Dad! For me personally I would have sold the laptop and used the money for ammo or something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was classic.

The young lady got off light, didn't have laptops and such when I was a kid, but if I had written something like that and my father found it, I doubt I'd be typing on a lap top now. </div></div>

Ain't that the truth.

Dibbs said:
Well I don't have Spacebook or MyFace, but my spouse and son do. <span style="text-decoration: underline">I believe it's an incredible waste of time.</span>

Sayeth the man posting on snipers hide.......lol

This guys daughter is already lost you can tell by the he way acts. No need to be pissed off, destroy valuable items, and waste expensive hollow points....I mean someone has to raise strippers.

It's funny how every older generation complains about the next generation down. Whether its true or not is debatable. If the next generation is a fuck up its usually cause of the preceding generations doing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jericho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's funny how every older generation complains about the next generation down. Whether its true or not is debatable. If the next generation is a fuck up its usually cause of the preceding generations doing. </div></div>

A lot of truth to that.
Those who we now refer to as "The Greatest Generation" lived like pussies compared to how their parents and grandparents lived.
Cars, planes, trucks, tractors, radios, indoor plumbing, electricity - the list goes on and on.
Yet we now look back on their lives and think they lived primitively.

As for the guy in the video, I can see where the daughter got her stupidity from.
Yeah, the kid did some really dumb shit, but as a parent, you lead by example. And in this case, his example was to stoop to her level and to be just as big of an asshole as was she... if not bigger.
If he can't handle himself any better than that with a 15 year old, then he has little chance going forward.

The more I think about it the more I think this guy is dick. IF what she says is true in her rant, and we are all aloud to have a rant ocassionally, she does more than her fair share. His reaction was immature and will only drive her further away from the family. Good luck to him when she goes Columbine on his ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jericho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more I think about it the more I think this guy is dick. IF what she says is true in her rant, and we are all aloud to have a rant ocassionally, she does more than her fair share. His reaction was immature and will only drive her further away from the family. Good luck to him when she goes Columbine on his ass. </div></div>

If what that girl says is true then she only has had to do a tenth of what I was expected to do growing up....and she needs to realize that being a kid isn't free ride.

If she's as smart as she thinks she is then she'll thank her parents one day for making her carry her own weight..........

Doesn't really matter about his reaction to me, he's the parent, she needs to learn her place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jericho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more I think about it the more I think this guy is dick. IF what she says is true in her rant, and we are all aloud to have a rant ocassionally, she does more than her fair share. His reaction was immature and will only drive her further away from the family. Good luck to him when she goes Columbine on his ass. </div></div>

I don't think he was being a dick. Certainly immature for destroying his OWN property just to get even with his daughter, but not a dick. I had a lot of nasty things to say about the way I was treated as a teen, but there are some opinions you just keep to yourself. Sure I was pulling my own weight by all the money I was making from all the odd jobs I done, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I had a roof over my head because of my parents.

I still say this girl was spoiled rotten by her parents and now daddy is not happy about the damage he caused by babying her and letting her get her own way for so many years. Like Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't really matter about his reaction to me, he's the parent, she needs to learn her place. </div></div>

Exactly.....

If you can nail down one single cause of this sort of "problem" it's that too many people stick their noses in how to raise other people's kids........

That's a great video. I pray my children never act that way.

All I've seen so far is apparently a shortened version of this video....my 9 year old little girl just found a longer one.

Seems to shed a little more light on the situation.......

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kl1ujzRidmU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kl1ujzRidmU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Only thing that will come from this will be one more firey little redneck girl. Not good. Of course the lesson in parenting she has received should be well learned and will more than likely be spoken as a 'don't you dare fuck with me you little twerp, my daddy taught me how to deal with lil shits like you' one day

I just love how he can shoot his gun outside on his property and it's no big deal. If I did that there would be Navy Seals rapelling from a Blackhawk onto my face with about 30 lasers pointed at me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something tells me that dad had made the mistake of spoiling his daughter her whole life and is now seeing the effects of it and is trying to counteract it. Wish him the best of luck (if this is real and not just some staged thing for entertainment). He should have sent that laptop to FPSRussia.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

These words of wisdom brought to you by a "boy" who does not have any children of his own. Maser your biggest problem is commenting on shit for which you have no frame of reference.
It is extremely difficult to raise a child in the climate of our current society. I am 43 and I was an unusual kid in school because I had to work when the schoolday was done.Many of my classmates were dumbfounded by my seemingly lower class station and I was often looked down upon simply for the fact that I had to do real work I had livestock to care for eggs to gather and a house to keep clean. Did I like it? Hell no, I despised the hell out of the entire exercise until I was old enough to realize that this was how men and women of character and values are made. I owe a debt to my father and mother that I can never repay for being "mean old parents". I was never without love and affection, and lacked for nothing.
This also goes a long way in explaining our current crop of misdirected youth. I have no doubt that the child in question was "enlightened" by some of her classmates about how wonderful their little entitled, chore free lives play out. I am sure she had some encouragement to "stand up to the man".
This father has done something I have threatened to do more than once at my own home. He has my vote for man of the year.
I have never been hard enough on my children, and I often feel I have done them a great injustice. They have been given too much already. My oldest did have the nerve a couple years ago to insist that she was not my personal slave. After the laughing stopped I gave her something to think about that she hasn't forgotten so far. Happily she is beginning to get to the age where my intelligence will actually begin to catch up with hers, and soon surpass it by light years. Hopefully my youngest is taking notes.

I have 5 kids, the oldest being 13 and the youngest being 15 months. I also deal with other people's kids when they feel that they're out of control and call the police to come help them raise them. It is definitely a fact that kids are different now than when I was a kid. Sure I did things that I shouldn't have done but I had enough respect for my parents that when I did something to disappoint them, that bothered me more than any punishment I received. Don't get me wrong, I know there are alot of good kids today, but there are also alot of them that really need to be introduced to the idea of dicipline! It amazes me how immature kids are today. My 13 year old couldn't find her way from the bed to the bathroom without assistance! It's odd that I saw this guys video today because as of today my daughter no longer has a cell phone, laptop, Ipod, Xbox, or pretty much anything else cause of a little stunt she pulled! She also heard the statement "life just got alot harder" Ah, they joys of parenting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
These words of wisdom brought to you by a "boy" who does not have any children of his own.
</div></div>

Funniest thing I heard all day so far.
laugh.gif
Might want to research members before making false snap judgements.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
These words of wisdom brought to you by a "boy" who does not have any children of his own.
</div></div>

laugh.gif
Might want to research members before making false snap judgements. </div></div>

lol - the self-proclaimed 'profiler' getting owned...

The point of a lesson is for it to be learned and life to move on. By putting the video on Facebook the lesson will become a constant yoke and a point of ridicule for the girl. The values the father tried to impart could instead be usurped by the effects of the public getting into the act. Family matters are private, they should stay private.

I can't help but think that video was more about the dad's ego than the girl's upbringing.

Good shooting and good point. So many in America want to be their own God and will drag the country down trying to maintain that attitude ("you owe me"). It usually starts with a brat teenager getting away with everything. Way to go dad.

Way to go! Yeah this guy probably did spoil the girl her whole life, trying to be the "good" dad, as described by society today. He was trying to do something "good" for her when he found out just how much she appreciated him. Well Congratulations dude, for reaching down deep and finding your balls. I hope he does another video, where he pisses on a Dr. Spock book!
The only way this could have been any better, is if he turned her over his knee and really gave something to bitch about!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

laugh.gif
Might want to research members before making false snap judgements. </div></div>

lol - the self-proclaimed 'profiler' getting owned... </div></div>

Ok I was a bit off the mark, I did assume that people who advertise their demented lifestyle in front of millions, shouldn't have kids. Maybe he does have a kid but he is a kid himself. He is 22 if he hasn't been lying, so he really couldn't have very much fathering skill, enough to comment on a the abilities of a father that is obviously more experienced than himself.
You can both lick my balls.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Family matters are private, they should stay private.

</div></div>

And if you had paid attention to the video you would know that he did just THAT the first time around, 3 months earlier.....the girl should have learned her lesson from him doing it your way, but she didn't, now did she?

Good on him for stepping it up with some shock and awe, and public embarrassment.....I'm betting heavy odds she heard him loud and damn clear this time.

There is also the possibility that the entire thing is faked, from start to finish.
The original version now has over 13 million hits.
I'm pretty sure that's going to translate to money in their pockets.

By some accounts, Youtube pays 1/3 to 1 cent on each view.
At 13.5 million views, he can now afford to shoot more of her shit.