• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite Fun Guns

vinniedelpino

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Charlotte NC
    Cheers, gents.

I sold off most of my firearms years back and kept the ones that are set up just right (for me.)

I'm ready to blow some coin on a few new firearms and my only concern is fun factor. These will be strictly toys for plinking. I'm thinking single action revolvers, modernized lever actions, maybe a bullpup like the P90 or even the XM42 flamethrower. I've always had a soft spot for the m1 carbine as well. I'd like it to go bang when the trigger is pulled, but fun>reliability. Hell, I might even bite the bullet and dip my feet into the FA world with a 9mm Cobray or something similar.

What say ye? What are your favorite centerfire plinkers?

Two of my favorites for some reason are the 50th anniversery 10/22 that i never even shot in original condition. I put a Tac Sol aluminum fluted barel new trigger and hogue overmolded stock and nikon 3-9 on it. It weighs right around 4#.
    Nothing fancy but a pleasure to cary and shoot.
    The other is a ruger 22/45 lite, both shoot better than im capable of.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
    Hard to go wrong with a 22. Suppressed they're even better. I really enjoy shooting steel out to 300-400 yards with my vudoo. Last Christmas I gifted myself a glock 44 in 22lr. Burned 1,100 rounds in two afternoons. Then there's the buckmark, the ruger mklll, a few 10/22's, and the Henry lever action. Yeah, 22's are fun.

AR-9 PCC + Gucci trigger = smiles. ...it's about as fun as it gets when burning through hundreds of rounds in minutes playing John Wick on steel... ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping...

I run a Foxtrot Mike lower with either an FM or Brekke Custom upper, top-shelf Hiperfire, Kynshot hydraulic buffer in an A5 tube with an orange Sprinco spring, and Delrin spacer or 2 quarters.

Taylor Firearm Co. 1873 Cattleman six shooter, and my Rainer Arms .22lr upper for my ar15 are two really fun firearms.

Right now, I’d have to say that it is my Thompson Center Hawken, either the flintlok or the percussion. Itmay also have to do with the fact we go to Rendezvous as a family to shoot and don’t have to be involved with event operation/management. Some times you just need to try and put all of the fundamentals together with a vintage firearm to remind you of the basics. Lock time on the flinter is measured in full seconds.

I also enjoy my Cowboy guns.

This is mine.
    AIA M10B1 7.62X39

Attachments

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      356.2 KB · Views: 70
    Talking strictly plinking, sub 50yds

Most of my plinking guns are AR platforms. With that said, EVERYONE's favorite of mine is the shorty 300AAC with a can. It's more the novelty of how quiet it is.

Lots of love for the MP5 and clones, huh?

I probably shoot my suppressed 300blk more than anything else. Maybe an SP5 is in order.
    For fun shooting, a suppressed 9mm MPX or MP5 clone is very very hard to beat. I can drill a 6"plate at 100yds with my little red dot on my mpx and it's so soft to shoot you almost wouldn't know if the plate didn't ding.

You sound like you may be ready for some stopper rifle fun, a Blaser in 500 Jeff, a Sako in 500 Jeff, find a CZ 550 in 505 Gibbs, maybe you've got new car type of money and you go double rifle...

Real crazy... have a 600 Overkill built for you, double in 600 or 700 nitro, nothing like shooting $100 bills at every trigger pull.

I think I'm going M1A Socom in an EBR stock so I don't get bit by the damn articulating rod, JP recoil eliminator, hopefully flat and fast.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
    A nice 1911 in .45 ACP is nice.

Single action revolvers were mentioned. If you are made out of money, see if you like Freedom Arms. Ruger made some Bisley frame 5 shot ones. Not sure if you can find one now. Or you could convince Tyler Gun Works to build a .45 Colt on a Ruger New Model Blackhawk frame.

Ruger super blackhawk 10.5" stainless in .44mag
    I have one, fun as shit to plink with.
    I have these grips on it
    A Leupold 4x in a leupold mount is occasionally mounted when I use it for Bambi killin'....or whatever.
    At the old South Coast gun club I could ring the turkey silhouette at 465 yards.....every shot.
    It loves 300 grain XTPs with a extreme load of H110 behind it......not gonna post, it's EXTREME.

Reactions: XLR308
    Compact, no recoil, cheap to reload for, accurate, coyotes don’t stand a chance…

16” CA MPR in 6mm ARC.

IMG_7406.jpeg

Reactions: XLR308
    I’m with the suppressed MP5 guys. It’s a hoot. Suppressed AK pistols are pretty damn fun too, IMHO.
    Very true, once you get the gas tuned with a KNS piston or similar, otherwise you’ll be crying after a mag!

Reactions: darkfader
    As others have said a 9mm PCC is a great plinking gun. Light, not much recoil, relatively cheap ammo, and you can plink steel plates at 7-50 yards - which you really can't (or shouldn't) do with an AR. A ton of options, from bargain to Gucci. I've been looking at this https://globalordnance.com/grand-power-stribog-sp9a1-us-gpsp9a1-upc-8588005808378/. Think these are a pretty good value and they've been getting good reviews. Sadly, you can no longer throw on a pistol brace, so if you want some kind of stock you going to have to SBR it.:mad:

As others have said a 9mm PCC is a great plinking gun. Light, not much recoil, relatively cheap ammo, and you can plink steel plates at 7-50 yards - which you really can't (or shouldn't) do with an AR. A ton of options, from bargain to Gucci. I've been looking at this https://globalordnance.com/grand-power-stribog-sp9a1-us-gpsp9a1-upc-8588005808378/. Think these are a pretty good value and they've been getting good reviews. Sadly, you can no longer throw on a pistol brace, so if you want some kind of stock you going to have to SBR it.:mad:
    I would spend an extra $200-300 and get an AP5/P all day long.