• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Favorite pistol caliber

cost wise the 22lr is pretty hard to beat
its also fun to shoot
45 and 9mm , then 357 and 38 .

Love the 1911 .45's for shooting but for carry I opted for a .38 sub nose. Then I tried a 9mm and now I tote a sig 938. I don't hunt but did have a S&W 460 for awhile which I believe would do the job if I did hunt.

Reactions: Alabusa
Don't hunt and all my carry guns are 9mm or .380. Beretta Px4's, Sig P290RS and a Beretta Pico as a BUG.

VooDoo

Daily carry, S&W 1911PD 45 ACP, XDS 45ACP, or KelTec P3AT. Soon to be a SIG 365XL with the Romeo Zero. 52 year old eyes are not what they used to be.

Hunting, Ruger Bisley Blackhawk 45 Colt cut down to 5.5" worked over by John Linebaugh. Cylinder honed, oversized Belt Mountain locking base pin, free wheeled cylinder, trigger job, and grips re-shaped by Dustin Linebaugh. Load 275gr Keiths, 300gr WFN, and 310gr LFN over HS-6 or H110/296. I have also loaded 250 and 300 gr XTP, but the cast bullets are more accurate.

Suppressed Ruger MKII Comp Target with TS PAC Lite 4.5" upper and a Vortex Venom when out bow hunting, bird hunting, calling, or deer hunting.

Exactly the pistol I was looking for when I found the Springfield OSP 10mm. It fit me better and came home with me. The G40 is a nice platform.

Have you mounted a rds on it? Which one?

I have mounted the Aimpoint ACRO and love it.
20200128_071318.jpg

45 acp due to its unmatched versatility.

For a cream puff range load, I run a Zero 185 grain JHP at 750 fps for less recoil than standard 9mm.

Or for hunting, you can push a Hornady 250 grain XTP at 1250 fps (out of 45 Super brass) for nearly 900 lb. ft. energy which is squarely in 44 mag territory. (I have not personally gone this high with my loads, but others have and I am cautiously and SLOWLY working my loads upward).

And anything in between the two.