• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite Rifle Cases

viper42

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
U.S,
Hey guys. I’ve ran a pelican case and it’s rock solid. Just wondering what other cases (even soft) other guys are running with scoped rifles and barrels 22-28 inches?

I just got an explorer case for my long barreled rifle. I’m really liking it

Nanuk 995 hard case. The Nanuk is a couple inches longer (interior and exterior) than the Pelican 1750 and Storm 3300; it weighs a couple pounds less than the Pelican and a couple pounds more than the Storm.

I'm not flying with the rifle, so instead of foam it's just in an Eberlestock drag bag inside the hard case.

Reactions: gnochi
the Sert 46" tcc gen 5 for the money its not too bulky and holds the gun securely as well as a few hand guns and mags provides very thin support but so far I've not dropped it and with the shoulder straps . I do not see that happening was that bad luck to say that oh well too late lol . That or the case club 2 gun precision case it's a hard case its nice , too big to carry around needs tricycle tires not the tiny wheels it has either of those two would be my favorite loaded its gets pretty heavy for just the one handle , reminds me of the old steamer trunks .

Reactions: goatboy
I second the feeling about Sert soft cases. The new one is a piece of art. Nanuks are my first choice when in need of an hard case

Last edited:
Reactions: goatboy
I’ve been using the Triad Precision Rifle Carry soft case for years. It has held up very well.

I'm glad to hear about the SERT cases gents! Thanks for passing the good word out. Unfortunately right now we are still limited to 46" max. I am working on a longer case but it would be a few months before I have these out. In the meantime, either of our 46" will fit into a Pelican 1720 or a (Pelican) Storm iM3300. Both have about 50.5" of length space and 13.5" to 14" width.

Our TCC cases are slimmer so if needed you can leave the top foam in. Rest assured you get the same protection in the TCC without any foam in the Pelican or Storm. See below.

Your other option is our new PRB, a more drag bag type design and this fits perfectly into the hard cases without any foam required.

Hit me up direct if you have any questions regarding soft - hard case combos. Always here to help! Thanks.

Helm

I'm glad to hear about the SERT cases gents! Thanks for passing the good word out. Unfortunately right now we are still limited to 46" max. I am working on a longer case but it would be a few months before I have these out. In the meantime, either of our 46" will fit into a Pelican 1720 or a (Pelican) Storm iM3300. Both have about 50.5" of length space and 13.5" to 14" width.

Our TCC cases are slimmer so if needed you can leave the top foam in. Rest assured you get the same protection in the TCC without any foam in the Pelican or Storm. See below.

View attachment 7090862

Your other option is our new PRB, a more drag bag type design and this fits perfectly into the hard cases without any foam required.

View attachment 7090863

Hit me up direct if you have any questions regarding soft - hard case combos. Always here to help! Thanks.

Helm

OH you dirty Sierra Oscar Brovo!!!!!!

Now I got to spend more money ;) That case looks HOT!!!!!!!

Reactions: HELM
I am working on a longer case but it would be a few months before I have these out. In the meantime, either of our 46" will fit into a Pelican 1720 or a (Pelican) Storm iM3300. Both have about 50.5" of length space and 13.5" to 14" width.

View attachment 7090862
When you say you are working on a longer one, is that in the PRB format or the TCC?
While I wouldn't be using it for a Carbine, I'd love to see the TCC offered in a longer format that filled out a pelican 1750 case length entirely.

Reactions: kai24
I carry two 28” barrel rifles in this to matches and the range not name brand but it works pretty good
I have the Voodoo version of this but before you buy a soft case for two rifles make sure you think about the weight you'll be carrying. Also, if you have expensive optics on the rifles you may be better off with two single cases versus one double. I like my bag but carrying two rifles with all the ammo and mags and stuff is way too heavy to be practical.

I have the Voodoo version of this but before you buy a soft case for two rifles make sure you think about the weight you'll be carrying. Also, if you have expensive optics on the rifles you may be better off with two single cases versus one double. I like my bag but carrying two rifles with all the ammo and mags and stuff is way too heavy to be practical.
I don’t put anything but rifles in mine and my rifle weighs around 20lbs but my sons is much lighter. It’s not bad at all to carry. If you were putting 2 20+ rifles ammo and other gear it would probably be to much but we have packs for that

Reactions: Markol
I like Pelican cases, but I’ve been stuffing my AX AICS/TL3 into a SAW barrel bag. I have a Pelican 1750 for my 338.

My personal plan is to get a 1740, and just use it for everything but the 338. I have one AR, one 308, and one pistol. There’s room in them to safely travel with a good number of guns, mags, and ammo. Even spare parts, barrels, tools, etc.

I have soft cases and don’t mind them, but I’m not gentle on gear and really prefer Pelican cases. That, and having wheels is cool.

SERT makes great gear. Here is their 22" TDC, Take Down Case stuffed with my LMT MWS, two barrels (16" 308 and 20" 6.5 CM) and tools. I designed and built the custom internal straps and inserts to make everything expedition solid. SERT designs their cases to fit inside existing Pelican cases. In my example a Pelican Air 1555. Inside the hard case there is plenty of room left over for my pistol, pistol and rifle mags and boxes of ammo.

Rasyad

Attachments

• LMT Sert packed.jpg
    LMT Sert packed.jpg
    712.5 KB · Views: 675
  • LMT Sert cased.jpg
    LMT Sert cased.jpg
    610.5 KB · Views: 314
  • Small Safe.jpg
    Small Safe.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 263
I use a pelican with a 2” memory foam mattress topper cut to fit, allows me to put any of my rifles in any position and holds them tightly in place.

Just got Sert's new PRB case. Have not got to use it yet but the quality is there just like all their other stuff.

When you say you are working on a longer one, is that in the PRB format or the TCC?
While I wouldn't be using it for a Carbine, I'd love to see the TCC offered in a longer format that filled out a pelican 1750 case length entirely.

MWS, it will be in the PRB design. Truth be told, we do not sell a lot of the 46” TCC cases. For the past decade plus we’ve always been more known for the 30” to 42” range of discreet cases. The PRB was developed specifically for the precision rifle market. Thanks.

SERT makes great gear. Here is their 22" TDC, Take Down Case stuffed with my LMT MWS, two barrels (16" 308 and 20" 6.5 CM) and tools. I designed and built the custom internal straps and inserts to make everything expedition solid. SERT designs their cases to fit inside existing Pelican cases. In my example a Pelican Air 1555. Inside the hard case there is plenty of room left over for my pistol, pistol and rifle mags and boxes of ammo.

Rasyad

Rasyad, you did a great job with those upgrades for the TDC!

Last edited:
MWS, it will be in the PRB design. Truth be told, we do not sell a lot of the 46” TCC cases. For the past decade plus we’ve always been more known for the 30” to 42” range of discreet cases. The PRB was developed specifically for the precision rifle market. Thanks.
I love the SERT cases and have one of each size SERT (36" 42" and 46") and 2 of the 30" SBR cases with a color matched corresponding Pelican to go with each of the SERT case sizes (gray, black, tan, and green). Even have a 1615 Air case that fits both of my 30" SBR cases. The fact the 46" has the extra room left over in a 1750 is just annoying to my OCD! I never understood why all the others fit like you needed a shoehorn or so tight its like a tailored suit, but there is a good 6" of empty space past the end of the 46" case. :(

It should have just been made in a longer size to fill out the Pelican 1750 better and allow a rifle with silencer attached to fit. The Pelican 1750 fits my full length cleaning rods, but the 46" SERT case does not. Should have just gone straight to a 52" case and skipped the 46" SERT offering altogether.

You should at least offer us a perfect fit bag to fill up the 1750 left over space, designed to fit a spotting scope, Magnetospeed, dope book, or something in that left over room. It would be guaranteed sales just to let OCD people like me fill out their 1750s! LOL!

Yes, it does not surprise me that the 46" has not been a high volume seller. I do think the 52" length would do much better for the precision rifle guys looking to fill out the Pelican 1750 (and similar spec'd Storm). And from what I've seen available for the competitive market, I think SERT could come in at a better price point.

And by competitive market, I mean comparable bags constructed of high quality materials and not half the junk guys post here and think it is great from some third-world sweat shop with airsoft shit zippers, foam, webbing, and fabric.

Reactions: slayer 2c
@HELM the 42" TCC is 4" thick. My accuracy intentional folded is 145mm, or 5.7" according to AI's website. Would you see an issue with the bag not zipping or being strained by the extra 1.7" of thickness? I have a Storm 3300 and if I cold make the rifle and bag work, the extra room would be great for other gear when flying.

Thanks

If someone is looking for a Pelican 1750, Cabelas has them on sale for $215 plus free shipping.

It should have just been made in a longer size to fill out the Pelican 1750 better and allow a rifle with silencer attached to fit. The Pelican 1750 fits my full length cleaning rods, but the 46" SERT case does not. Should have just gone straight toYou should at least offer us a perfect fit bag to fill up the 1750 left over space, designed to fit a spotting scope, Magnetospeed, dope book, or something in that left over room. It would be guaranteed sales just to let OCD people like me fill out their 1750s! LOL!

Fair enough Dev, I will look into this but I will probably make some tweaks to it. The TCC is a hybrid type case, the only one with plastic inserts in its walls which, unless someone corrects me, is the only nylon type case that has these. These plastic inserts add a significant amount of weight to each case and something longer than the 46” is going to be hefty. If I were to develop one specifically for the 1750, I would consider removing these and that will help with both weight and possibly cost.

Helm

Reactions: gnochi
@HELM the 42" TCC is 4" thick. My accuracy intentional folded is 145mm, or 5.7" according to AI's website. Would you see an issue with the bag not zipping or being strained by the extra 1.7" of thickness? I have a Storm 3300 and if I cold make the rifle and bag work, the extra room would be great for other gear when flying.

Thanks

Ozzy, let me check this out and revert. I wanna say no issue ‘cos there’s always flex but we need to certain of this. Hang tight.

Reactions: OzzyO20
I absolutely love my Haley Strategic Incog rifle bag. Incredibly well built but you MUST have a folding stock for our bolt rifles to fit. This is the longest version but as you can see, I can pack a full kit without issue.

Hey guys. I’ve ran a pelican case and it’s rock solid. Just wondering what other cases (even soft) other guys are running with scoped rifles and barrels 22-28 inches?
I just picked up a Cabelas which I love b/c I can fold my RPR and leave my Q can on(24" barrel + 8" can) with room left over(i put an oven mitt in the end so I can put it in there right after shooting no waiting around). Lots of storage and great padding with velcro for distal barrel and near grip. I hate hard cases unless I'm handing to TSA they just take up too much space. Plus the lifetime warranty is hard to beat I used it on a maybe 15 year old set of bib waders maybe a year go got a brand new pair in the mail couple weeks later zero questions asked.

Last edited:
I just ordered a Pelican 1700 case in desert tan for my new Bergara B14 HMR LH 6.5 that will be on a Magpul Pro 700 folding chassis and fitted with a Razor Gen 2 4.5-27 scope. My overall length with the muzzle brake for my suppressor looks to be 33.5”, so the length will be fine. My only concern is the folded width. The stock is 3.5” wide when folded, and the objective bell of the scope is going to be sticking out the other side .375”. The total depth inside the case is 5.25”. Am I cutting it too close on the depth? I was planning on only cutting the middle layer of the foam, but I don’t want to be putting too much stress on anything. Anyone using one of these with a folder and big optic? If the foam ends up being a fail I’ll find a soft case that fits inside the Pelican.

I considered the new Vault line of cases with a depth of 6”, but living in AZ my car trunk routinely exceeds the rated 140 degree max temp and I don’t want a warped/melted case. I’m looking at shorter cases with the rifle folded because I have up to 43” of length in my car trunk and I don’t want the case in the back seat. Most of my use will be in my car trunk or bed of my pickup, but I may use this case to fly my rifle to the pac northwest at some point.

Last edited:
I've got a Pelican and love the case. Easy to get foam inserts for different arms. It's sturdy, waterfroom, locks, etc.........it just weighs a metric ton :)

I have the pelican Vault 770. Very sturdy, but also quite robust and heavy. Just fits my KRG with a 24" and area 419 Hellfire. w\We'll see how it does with a 25" barrel on my next build I've got going right now.

I use Pelican, they have never given me a reason to try anything else. They can be big and heavy sometimes but they have never let me down.

Armageddon gear M2010 precision rifle case.
Well worth the cost.
look for coupon codes on facebook & add a small item to reduce shipping cost.