• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite trigger

t-payne

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
Ft. Benning, GA
What is everybodys favorite trigger for competition style shooting? Kinda new to the whole bolt gun thing and want to get the right one.

Re: Favorite trigger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huber or cg jackson </div></div>

+1 on the CG Jackson.

I have a Jewell and a Jackson and the Jackson is straight up bad ass.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I'm low rent but I really like my rifle basix. </div></div>

Top Notch trigger... especially for the money. My choice as well.

DK

I've had rifle basix, rem 700, jewel and timney. For the money, I like rifle basix . The jewel is extremely smooth, but I'm not liking it "better" than the others really, other than the ease of adjustment.

Best trigger I have owned..Three pounds, Push it forward three ounces...Great

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunderstorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huber or cg jackson </div></div>

+1 on the CG Jackson.

I have a Jewell and a Jackson and the Jackson is straight up bad ass.
grin.gif
</div></div>

+1 CG Jackson X-Treme Mod 22 2-stage Trigger @ 8 & 12oz

I don't get all the hubbub about Jewell. They aren't crisp. Smooth, yes. Mine failed first time exposed to adverse conditions - rain.

CG X-Treme Mod 22 2-stage Trigger.

Only the CG triggers are two stage. I don't think any of the others are true two stage triggers. So if you want an excellent 2 stage trigger CG would be you only choice, if it will be going in a bolt gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hewlett260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AI, TRG, and Huber are all 2-stage and the AI gets my vote. </div></div>

Huber is not a true two stage. You have to work the safety to reset once you pull through the first stage.

Huber is my vote. I have had Jewels as well. They are very nice but not as durable in my experience.

I run a Rifle Basix right now and am happy, but still am drawn to try a timmney out

I haven't used many of the high end fancy fully adjustable triggers mentioned above but do really like the Timney that Mike puts in the BOP (old UGSW) rifles.

Very nice set-up, buy a Timney from a vendor, install your self is easy to do and not hard on your wallet. For the money it works for me!

If it is to be a range queen, Jewell is hard to beat. If it is going to get dirty, Timney is the way to go.

I haven't made the jump to a Huber yet working on it though. That's the next upgrade after it gets back from APA. However, out of my triggers i adore my Geissele SSA-E wish i could use it on a bolt rifle.

Just got my first CG for my Badger .260; Only dry fire so far, but me likey...

Originally Posted By: hewlett260
AI, TRG, and Huber are all 2-stage and the AI gets my vote.

Huber is not a true two stage. You have to work the safety to reset once you pull through the first stage.

Can u clarify??

Call me cheap, but I love Rifle Basix triggers,I have a Sav-1 thats jumped between a few rifles and it has never failed to perform to my expectations and has been consistent on each of them. Right now it sits on a Savage 110 that I'm using to build a lightweight 284 tactical hunter, the rifle is perfect for this case and breaks at a clean 1.5lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Originally Posted By: hewlett260
AI, TRG, and Huber are all 2-stage and the AI gets my vote.

Huber is not a true two stage. You have to work the safety to reset once you pull through the first stag

Can u clarify?? </div></div>

Huber is more of a set trigger, its not a true two stage where if you pull the first stage and decide not to fire, the trigger doesn't reset to its full forward position

Running 2 Kepplinger set triggers and a Jewel. 3.5 lbs and "set" on the Keps is at 1/2 pound. Find some people that can put you behind a few different sticks and choose one that fits you. If cost is an issue then Rifle Basix is cheap but worthwhile start. Good luck.

Anschutz for trigger pull quality and "feel".

Have you ever seen any of the previously mentioned triggers on a Anschutz match rifle?