• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Favorite Youtube Channels for Beginners to Long-Range Shooting?

Napeequa55

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2020
Drop em on me!

I'm interested in getting into some long-range shooting. I mostly shoot ARs but am interested in getting a bolt action and shooting some longer ranges.

What are your favorite channels with information for the beginner?

Reactions: required_user_name
Same boat as you. Interested to see what people say. Lowlight has a YouTube channel too. I also found this, the Precision Rifle Network:

Oh, and these guys:

Reactions: Napeequa55
TiborasaurusRex or Rexreviews is pretty good in his Sniper-101 series! A lot of his other videos are personal opinions on the current goings-on in the country and gear reviews. But, the amount of info found in his Sniper-101 series is VERY detailed.

Found his YouTube channel - great content thanks for the tip. I didn't find his personal website though - does he offer pay-wall content other than the stuff available through the SH training?

Reactions: Austinjunks
Shlowlight
8541 tactical
Mark and same after work
Phillip Velayo
Gun werks
Kestrel ballistics
Long range precision shooters
Modern day sniper - (just getting started.)
Gavintoobe - ultimate reloaded
Kirsten joy weiss

Others for general understndingmand of fundamentals
Warrior poet societ
Trigger time tv
Jerry miculek

The everyday sniper podcast is a Huge learning tool too. First 30 episodes are epic for learning. The Everyday Sniper

I think podcasts are really helpful too. I’ve learned a lot from Franks podcast (every day sniper), and lately Modern Day sniper. Today I was listening to Phil on one of the recent episodes of the precision rifle channel podcast and he teaches a lot. I’m going to re-listen to it because it’s packed with good info. Also “wolf precision” has a podcast and does like a 5 part series on the fundamentals that is really in-depth.

Found his YouTube channel - great content thanks for the tip. I didn't find his personal website though - does he offer pay-wall content other than the stuff available through the SH training?

Those videos are nice to dip and sample. But the online training here can take you step by step. There are many lessons, but they don’t meander. They take you in logical progression.

I found Ryan cleckner's book and videos has helped me with the basics. I also just finished Franks book and it was very informative.

The everyday sniper podcast is a Huge learning tool too. First 30 episodes are epic for learning. The Everyday Sniper

Thanks for the tip - I started listening a few weeks ago but only checked out the most recent episodes. He spends a lot of time talking about the Sniper Hide site/forums etc. which didn't interest me all that much but I will definitely check out the earlier episodes!

I think podcasts are really helpful too. I’ve learned a lot from Franks podcast (every day sniper), and lately Modern Day sniper. Today I was listening to Phil on one of the recent episodes of the precision rifle channel podcast and he teaches a lot. I’m going to re-listen to it because it’s packed with good info. Also “wolf precision” has a podcast and does like a 5 part series on the fundamentals that is really in-depth.

Thanks - I listen to a lot of podcasts (not as much though as when I was actually commuting to the office!). Have been listening to MDS and EDS. I'll check out these others.

Panhandle precision

west desert shooter

impact shooting

johnnys reloading bench (for reloading)
X-Ring

Dartman and the neighbor (motivation)

O'Niel Ops (bits here and there mostly entertaining, great vidography)

.260Rips

TiborasaurusRex or Rexreviews is pretty good in his Sniper-101 series! A lot of his other videos are personal opinions on the current goings-on in the country and gear reviews. But, the amount of info found in his Sniper-101 series is VERY detailed.

He's done some amazing things at long range but man he uses old data. I think the chemo went to his brain too.

Seconding TiborasaurusRex's Sniper 101 series, that is if you really want to delve into the science and art of long range precision shooting. To my knowledge it is the most extensive instruction on long range precision shooting available for free. Already mentioned above "Mark and Sam After Work" have made some videos of impressive ULR shots + instructional content and seem to have a pragmatic no nonsense approach based on proven skills. There is much solid info out there but also a tons of misunderstanding so use judgement sorting through it all. Also the Hide's members and accumulated forums are goldmines of information and knowledge. I've searched this forum for years using it as a library, just recently took the plunge and signed up as member.

X-Ring

Dartman and the neighbor (motivation)

O'Niel Ops (bits here and there mostly entertaining, great vidography)

.260Rips

Thanks, I've been watching XRing's stuff. Actually stumbling across his videos is sorta what brought me to snipers hide after being a long-time lurker.

Seconding TiborasaurusRex's Sniper 101 series, that is if you really want to delve into the science and art of long range precision shooting.

The sadness of watching those who don't know what they don't know............

Reactions: Steel head
It's a complicated process to hit a 16 once water bottle at a mile with the first round;)

Serious questions
  • Did you witness it, or did you see it on video?
  • Did you see him do it again, and again, and again, or just once?

More detail than I can even remember....it's a great series. Learned a TON

I found Ryan cleckner's book and videos has helped me with the basics. I also just finished Franks book and it was very informative.
I like Cleckner's videos. I'm going to be checking out Frank's stuff next.

Reactions: Grouper
Yes. Rex Tibor is not the source of knowledge that you think he is.

Ok. Roger that. If you are, supposedly, such a higher caliber subject matter expert than he....What does rex say in any of his sniper 101 videos that's incorrect, not true and/or false?

Ok. Roger that. If you are, supposedly, such a higher caliber subject matter expert than he....What does rex say in any of his sniper 101 videos that's incorrect, not true and/or false?

Thread is about to be level 10....
HeartyElementaryDavidstiger-small.gif

He’s general information at best.
Me wanting to to improve my long range game led me here after watching his videos for quite a while.
I learned more here in two weeks than a years worth of rex videos.

You can believe whatever the fuck you want. It matters not to me. I don't have the time to indulge fools.

You can believe whatever the fuck you want. It matters not to me. I don't have the time to indulge fools.

Geezus polly....I was just trying to have a mediocre conversation with a sarcastic jab in the beginning. Easy there, I wasn't being a dick. Don't take it so hard. Carry on and have good day! :sneaky:

Thanks to all you folks that suggested PRN. I appreciate that.

Don't know if anyone said Gavintoobe - Ultimate Reloader. Good stuff for reloading specifically, but he occasionally has other content too.

Thanks to all you folks that suggested PRN. I appreciate that.

Don't know if anyone said Gavintoobe - Ultimate Reloader. Good stuff for reloading specifically, but he occasionally has other content too.
That is a great channel too! I watch that one a couple times a week.