• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Federal Fusion 62 grain for hunting

JUtter

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2009
ludowici, ga
Finally tried this bullet for hunting today out of a 16in AR. I figured pigs would be a good test to see if it is able to hold together like they advertise. First shot with it was at a hog at about 125 yds quartering towards me. Shot hit the front shoulder and she did one spin and sat down and died right there. I was surprised that the bullet actually went fully through her. Now I would guess that she weighed somewhere around 80 lbs but the shot hit and broke the near shoulder and exited the middle of the ribs on the back side and broke 2 of the ribs with the exit hole having a piece of rib bone sticking out of it. I know that isn't a huge pig but they are tougher then deer on bullets and this penetrated more and did more damage then the 77 smk and 62 grain federal tactical bonded ammo that i have used this year so far. Just my observations on the first kill I have had with this round, and I wouldn' hesitate to use it for deer (they are small down here). If anyone wants pics I could email them to someone, me and posting pics arent working very well at the moment.

Re: Federal Fusion 62 grain for hunting

Here are his pic's...

1227091512b.jpg

<span style="color: #FF0000">Entrance...</span>

entrance-1.jpg

<span style="color: #FF0000">Exit...</span>

exitwound.jpg

that rifle blends into that pig perfectly.

thanks for the post smack

i should call the krylon job pig camo, it does blend well with the pig doesn't it

My lil one shot his first deer this past Sunday with the Speer Gold Dot and it WAY more impressed me than the 55 TBBC which I had seen used on deer in the past. Couldn't find any of the Fusion around here to try and had the speer on hand.

oh yeah,

I really like that AR.

I'm pretty sure that Fusion=Federal Tactical Bonded=Gold Dot.