• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal GM260M

deanm

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2004
Are these available anywhere, and how do they shoot? Thanks!

As far as I know they are still a pretty little unicorn under the rainbow. I've called Federal several times about it and just get the run-around, it's almost like your dealing with nuclear arms ...we can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such things. They just refer me to local dealers who are in their dealer network, who in turn know nothing and refer me back to Federal. Very frustrating.

Anyone going to Shot Show needs to go to the Federal Booth and put them to task for announcing it two years ago, with nothing to follow.

It's been on the website for some time now but I've still yet to see a box of it..... Has anyone actually seen this stuff?

Sounds interesting, but my hand loads do fine out to 1300 yards and I'm sure my personal loads will be a lot cheaper!

Shoots excellent. I only use the GM Match when shooting control groups in SENTINELs chambered in .308Win and .260Rem.
Not sure about current availability. I got a thousand rounds about a year and a half ago.

I know tons of individuals and even a dozen or so agencies that have not been able to get GM308M for the last couple of years without a 6-9 month wait. This includes agencies that have this item (.308 Match) on their state contract. Shit, one of my agency customers is within a couple of hours of the plant that makes Gold Medal and they had to order Hornady TAP due to availability.

.........So......if you think about the current state of supply when dealing with even a hugely popular staple like .308 Match, it is not incredulous to believe that they can't keep 2nd tier items in supply. Pretty sure that this too shall pass and we might even be able to get bulk .22 LR before I don a toe tag.