• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal Lake City 7.62x51mm NATO 130 Grain MK319 Barrier Blind OTM Ammunition

Tripp722

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2011
Upstate South Carolina
I have a 500 round case of Federal Lake City 7.62x51mm NATO 130 Grain MK319 Barrier Blind OTM Ammunition. I got 2 cases of this in trade a while back with a 16" 308. I shot one case through the rifle before letting the rifle go and I now have 1 case left. I wanted to post it for sale, but I can't find anything to compare it to as far as a price point. I have had a few local shops price it between $650-$800 for the case, but I wanted to see if anyone here could help me on what this is and what it is actually worth. Thanks for the help.

According to gunbot.net, CheaperThanDirt has it going for $39.59 per 20rd box, or around $1.98/rd (CTD price x 500rds = $990). To buy in bulk at that same rate, say at 500rds, I would say anything between $800 and $900 would be reasonable considering the current climate of the market. On the other hand, it's definitely not going to be worth anything more than what someone is willing to pay for it.

I would not base my sale price on CTD's prices... I would however use that price and divide by half to determine what its really worth...

I would think it would be somewhere around the price of FGMM which right now is pretty hard to find, and is gone quick when it is around. I would speculate that it might be worth somewhere around $1.25-$1.50 a round which is pretty close to the $650-800 a case the gun store quoted you. I might be inclined to sell at $750-800. Just be willing to be flexible.

For what its worth I personally wouldn't buy it at those prices, but I am not a high speed operator that needs to shoot through barriers. Would I have some in my stash? Yes for sure.

One other thing to consider is the price of shipping ammo is ridiculous so try to factor that the buyer will have to cover that as well. I just sent out 500 rounds today and it cost $53 from Wa to Ky. Whether we like it or not shipping costs add to the price per round as I'm sure we all know. Maybe consider breaking it up and selling it in smaller lots for more affordable shipping for the buyer, just a thought.

Hope this ramble has been of some service to you.

For what its worth the stuff CTD is selling is 125gr not 130 its a different beast.

Last edited: