• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal Match AR Primers

LC 6.5 Shooter

Apollo 6 Creed
Supporter
Minuteman
May 29, 2018
League City, TX
Does anyone have any experience with these in a bolt gun.
Got a dasher on the way and wanting to know If I can use the AR primers.

Does anyone have any experience with these in a bolt gun.
Got a dasher on the way and wanting to know If I can use the AR primers.
I haven't been able to snag any yet, but they should be perfectly fine for a dasher. Should be a small rifle magnum primer with a harder cup and/or modified anvil to help prevent slam fires. I assume it's in line with CCI #41, Win #41s, which reportedly act similar to CCI 450s or Fed. 205M (also small rifle mag primers, just not modified to prevent slam fires -- completely irrelevant if you're firing them in a bolt gun and not something I personally care about even with 223/5.56 (making sure the primer is slightly under flush in the case will help prevent slam fire); I've used plenty of CCI 400s in AR without having a slam fire).

Reactions: lash
I’ve been trying to get ahold of some for awhile with no luck... they’re, as far as I know, a bit harder than the regular 205Ms (which have a tendency to go flat/crater even under very mild loads) to mitigate any boom on AR bolt close with free floating firing pin. No problem for a bolt action.

They work great in bolt action rifle with larger fire pins or play in pin itself. These primers have a thicker cup to prevent slam fire in the AR platform. I use them in my tikka add bergara for 6.5 creedmoor using SR primer lapua brass. I move never had a pierced or cratered primer.

Reactions: three horsemen
I haven't been able to snag any yet, but they should be perfectly fine for a dasher. Should be a small rifle magnum primer with a harder cup and/or modified anvil to help prevent slam fires. I assume it's in line with CCI #41, Win #41s, which reportedly act similar to CCI 450s or Fed. 205M (also small rifle mag primers, just not modified to prevent slam fires -- completely irrelevant if you're firing them in a bolt gun and not something I personally care about even with 223/5.56 (making sure the primer is slightly under flush in the case will help prevent slam fire); I've used plenty of CCI 400s in AR without having a slam fire).

If the question is - are they safe to use in a 6 dasher bolt gun - the answer is yes, so long as you otherwise don’t screw anything else up in the process. The real questions for me would just be how do these primers perform from an ES/SD standpoint as compared to CCI 450s/41s, Fed 205m's, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: LC 6.5 Shooter
Perfect thank you sir. Ive got 2k ar match and 1k 205m’s. Feeling better now.

I wouldnt see any issue with it. If you are looking for primers I would checkout reloadunlimited.com they had some in stock this morning. I bought 8k.

• Wow
Reactions: DIBBS
I wouldnt see any issue with it. If you are looking for primers I would checkout reloadunlimited.com they had some in stock this morning. I bought 8k.
Mmhmm, that’s not suspect at all! And look at how many primers they have in stock, from so many different manufacturers too!

Why, it must be my birthday.

ETA: How are you enjoying your first ten minutes as a forum member?

Sketchy as fuck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.17.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.17.04 AM.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.17.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 10.17.59 AM.png
    441.6 KB · Views: 85
They work great in bolt action rifle with larger fire pins or play in pin itself. These primers have a thicker cup to prevent slam fire in the AR platform. I use them in my tikka add bergara for 6.5 creedmoor using SR primer lapua brass. I move never had a pierced or cratered primer.
Thanks, I was given a Savage 110 Precision Elite 223 rifle and it seems to crater my 400 primers, tried some BR 4's and that helped but forgot I had a bunch of Federal Gold Metal AR March primers I got awhile ago for my Ar 15 when that was all I could find but never used them. Now I found a home for them. With the way the primer situation is we got to use what ever we can find.