• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federson or kidd

chopit

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
Odem Texas
Got a 10/22 with titan stock, tac sol reciever, Kidd trigger and volquartsen carbon barrel. I can't make this thing shoot for anything. Gonna try swapping barrel I really want to try the federson 18" fluted but also thinking just get the Kidd and be done with it. Any opinions?

Got a 10/22 with titan stock, tac sol reciever, Kidd trigger and volquartsen carbon barrel. I can't make this thing shoot for anything. Gonna try swapping barrel I really want to try the federson 18" fluted but also thinking just get the Kidd and be done with it. Any opinions?

Is this your first semi-auto 10/22? If you came from shooting bolt actions, you'll realize how much stricter a 10/22 will require in terms of fundamentals. When I am lazy and swap to my 10/22 it'll be horrible groups, until I firm up, properly shoulder, rear squeeze bag, proper load/grip the groups will shrink back down to the sub moa size.

No I have 2 and this one shoots bad. The other is a 1980's and it shoots lights out with factory barrel. I am just aggravated with trying to figure out why it won't shoot. Gonna try a barrel and if that don't work going to start selling parts.

No I have 2 and this one shoots bad. The other is a 1980's and it shoots lights out with factory barrel. I am just aggravated with trying to figure out why it won't shoot. Gonna try a barrel and if that don't work going to start selling parts.

Did you headspace it right? Other thing is to check the crown to make sure it wasn't damaged.

Is the receiver solid in the stock with no movement at all? I ask because I recently built one using the Titan stock and needed to use a shorter Volquartsen takedown screw. Factory screw was too long and there was movement.

Used 2 shots to see where i was hitting.....3 to zero...then shot this 5 shot group. Its only 25yds...but im not a good a good shot

18" Fedderson

Attachments

• 20200901_172242.jpg
    20200901_172242.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 77
No experience with Federson but my dad just got a complete Supergrade from Kidd and it shoots terrible. Wolf, SK, RWS, Lapua, doesn't matter. Got it to replace his Rugar with a Volquartsen barrel that veers to the left because the action isn't true and thinking about selling the Kidd. The Volquartsen will all touch at 50. Kidd probably doesn't hold there .50" at 50 guarantee. He is not happy.

Used 2 shots to see where i was hitting.....3 to zero...then shot this 5 shot group. Its only 25yds...but im not a good a good shot

18" Fedderson

That's the way mine shoots too. First time I shot the rifle I zero'd the scope then shot a five shot, one hole group, in a test target for my nephew who got it for christmas when he was 12.

Another vote for Federson. I bought a build with a Federson off a guy really cheap because it wouldn’t shoot very well. When I got it, took it to the range and it was all over the place at 50 yds. Tore it all down to clean it to see if that would help and noticed the barrel was a bit loose from the receiver, turns out the v- block screws weren’t tightened. Cleaned and lubed everything, tighten it all up and it now shoots lights out. Might want to check the barrel to receiver fit before buying a new barrel.

Reactions: Sc0-
Never heard of using shims on a 10/22 barrel. I could see where that would work if the headspace was already too tight.

I had one of my 10/22's headspace set by Randy at CPC but I also had threads cut and the barrel screwed into the receiver.

IMG_20191111_164340.jpg
IMG_20191111_164355.jpg

Typical groups. Nothing special. IMO 10/22's are money pits that everyone can't help themselves but fall into. I didn't learn my lesson the first time 20 years ago and a few years back I go and do it again.
0503190027.jpg

Volq CPC Pistol King 5-2-19.jpg

Volq CPC Pistol King NL 6-4-19.jpg
Volq CPC Pistol King NL 5-10-19.jpg

Did use shims on a PWS action for a bud when installing a barrel.

I had one of my 10/22's headspace set by Randy at CPC but I also had threads cut and the barrel screwed into the receiver.

Had this done a few years back as well with a GM barrel, reasonably priced and he does great work. He also can do some magic with Ruger factory trigger groups. Getting a quality barrel threaded into receiver though it obviously take away some flexibility on future barrel options, is one of the top few bang-for-the-buck mods you can do to really boost a 10-22's accuracy.

Had this done a few years back as well with a GM barrel, reasonably priced and he does great work. He also can do some magic with Ruger factory trigger groups. Getting a quality barrel threaded into receiver though it obviously take away some flexibility on future barrel options, is one of the top few bang-for-the-buck mods you can do to really boost a 10-22's accuracy.
I believe for what Randy does it's a good deal. I believe someone would see increased, significant difference by sending him a stock 10/22 verses a barrel that already has a benz or other "match" chamber. I gave Randy a hard time over on RFC but I'd send him something again if needed.

No experience with Federson but my dad just got a complete Supergrade from Kidd and it shoots terrible. Wolf, SK, RWS, Lapua, doesn't matter. Got it to replace his Rugar with a Volquartsen barrel that veers to the left because the action isn't true and thinking about selling the Kidd. The Volquartsen will all touch at 50. Kidd probably doesn't hold there .50" at 50 guarantee. He is not happy.
Send it back Tony stands behind what he sells!!!