• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback System Added

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    We have added a feedback system to the site

If you abuse the system your account will be banned with no warning permanently

If you have an issue with your feedback a fee will be invoked to look at it, in other words you will pay to have a moderator resolve the issue. Otherwise your feedback will remain how it was administered.

if we find both parties are at issue or cannot settle the discrepancy in the transaction both will be removed for 10 days as a cooling off period

The feedback system is for transactions and not general content

Any issues, known or unknown resulting from gaming the feedback system will result in your removal from the site, permanently.

Adding feedback by clicking on the members name

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 1.39.52 PM.png

Looks good. Feedback notification preferences (top of page) is a useful feature (y)

Looks like people are utilizing it, seems easy to use. Thanks for being willing to put it on the forum. I think it will help.

feedback.PNG

In the past I just looked at the sellers home page, considered the number of posts, reaction score, opened some posts to see what their contributions were and than searched the seller feedback in the PX section for any results, and Googled their screen name.

Im not a big time buyer but that kept me pretty safe from getting screwed

Cool, maybe this will help cut out some of the fear of scam artists

Will do nothing of the sort,

We ban anyone who violates the rules of the PX, and if you are a scammer, we permanently ban them.

Again the same argument as background checks for people who have no background or prior criminal history. You are not checking anything because there is nothing to check. So it's clean

We don't have people hanging around here who did something in the PX because, Duh we remove them.

Awesome idea, thank you. In my few transactions on the PX, I've had great success and dealt with some solid dudes. This is a major added benefit in my eyes. Thanks Frank

Will do nothing of the sort,

We ban anyone who violates the rules of the PX, and if you are a scammer, we permanently ban them.

Again the same argument as background checks for people who have no background or prior criminal history. You are not checking anything because there is nothing to check. So it's clean

We don't have people hanging around here who did something in the PX because, Duh we remove them.
    My intent was not to say that it will cut down on scammers

My intent was to say it would cut down on the fear of someone you haven't dealt with yet possibly being a scammer as it's easier to see their feedback and if they have worked with another member your are familiar with

Same thing we were doing by searching the feedback thread

Personally, I appreciate the addition of the feedback system. Just a good way to gain a little peace of mind. But I didn't realize it would cause the shitshow that exploded in the other thread.

You guys that claim this new added feature some how gives you "peace of mind" are idiots.

Idiots that like to be lulled into a false sense of security.

This is like banning guns. It will NOT stop nor deter any scammer who is determined.

You could have stood in line at Starbucks right behind a serial killer and never have known it. No one would know it until the person acts, and in fact acts more than once.

You have no idea who/what a person is about until YOU interact with them and form your conclusions.

Every criminal has a mother who claims "my son would never do that".

It would be Sooooo easy to scan this system.

Amazon has tried to crack down with little success but about 70% of reviews on Amazon are fake. I know for a fact one place that had all the employees give 5 star reviews for their product. Also have seen competing companies give shit reviews. Oh "verified buyer" you say. Really are you shitting me, would it be so hard to grasp that a competing company would actually purchase a product and then give it a hit reviews. Hell that just gets you to lower your guard even more.

I have bought products with great reviews that were total shit and I have taken a chance on a product that had poor reviews but appeared to be what I needed and it worked out great.

Maybe my expectations were different for the product or maybe the reviews were garbage.

Some of you probably like Tinker Bell to sprinkle pixy dust on you before you go to bed and whisper in your ear "the world is not a fucked up place" so you can sleep at night.

Solid contribution to the thread, apparently someone is easily upset...
    Nope, just get tired of dealing with stupid same as others around here.

Please explain without using the word "feel" or "feelings" how the rating system fixes anything.

I think its kinda dumb, but since its here anyway I went back and retroactively rated all the guys I've dealt with since leaving Scout.

Please explain without using the word "feel" or "feelings" how the rating system fixes anything.

Pretty sure you don't know me. I'm not an idiot.

-Edited

You know what, fuck, disregard last. I AM an idiot, thank you stranger on the internet for helping me realize that.

A rating system would NEVER help with a deal where I don't want someone to be banned (the current solution, they fuck up, they are gone), but want to be able to say this was a neutral transaction at best. Sure we can already do that with threads that say blahblahblah is GTG!! or blahblahblah is NOT GTG, and we get a hundred different threads on the same guy or guess what, we can't search 'GTG' because it is only 3 characters, but we can search their name and maybe get some results but wait, the last dude that did a shitty transaction with blahblahblah spelled his name blahblahbleh now it doesn't show up in search results, but wait I can search via google and get a thousand fucking threads because I can't limit to subforum with google search.... and on and on and on. God forbid it be in an easy to access format for all to see. It's called working smarter, not harder. Try it sometime.

Did I use "feel", or "feelings" there? Don't think so, but I may be too stupid to tell.

Last edited:
    Reactions: KP '14

I didn't claim it would fix anything. I don't think scammers will now magically disappear. But how does it hurt you? I don't mind having an added layer of personality or history to our profiles. I always do my own due diligence, and this rating system won't change that, but now a quick glance shows the extent of people's history selling/buying. Don't like it? Don't use it

Reactions: KP '14
    The new feedback system works great, easy to use, nice to have all the feedback available on a person in one "click." Nice addition.

Woah , love it. I haven’t been on here much lately due to out of town trip and other stuffs. But love it. Thank you Lowlight, this is exactly I think would help us here :)

Reactions: Centuriator
    Great! Definitely makes people feel better about who they may be buying from or selling too.