• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FFL in North Va

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
Just had a 300 wm built by LRI, am moving to NoVA today for a 6 month temp duty assignment, now I am looking to get a 308 built in same configuration by LRI, I just need a FFL to ship it to in the Manassass area. Any help, advice appreciated.

Guns and ammo warehouse on 28 they charge $30. I used to use virginia arms but I no longer have good things to say about them for the most part. If doing a multiple gun transfer I use decisive armaments, he's a home based FFL but only charges $20 for the first gun and $5 for each extra gun.

Home

Best in the area. Several of the employees are LR shooters and members on the Hide.

Old Town Firearms in Fredericksburg. 25.00 plus the 2.00 state background check. Have done numerous transfers with John; great guy. Tell him Krumm sent ya.

Home Page

Gilberts gun range.

It's now sharpshooters and the new owners for some reason feel a few minutes of paperwork should cost $50-60. I will say they have a good selection of AR parts and some other parts you won't find at stores around here. Their prices on parts are competitive with a lot of online retailers.

Quantico PX does it--may be easier with them if you are on orders. Also, if you go by the gun desk at the Belvoir PX, they have business cards for the uniformed FFL who will do the transaction (not associated with AAFES). Shooters at Lorton is good, but they are absolute sticklers on VA Driver's License or VA ID Card.

Join Quantico Shooting Club or drive out to Peacemaker National Training Center for long range.

Steve

It's now sharpshooters and the new owners for some reason feel a few minutes of paperwork should cost $50-60. I will say they have a good selection of AR parts and some other parts you won't find at stores around here. Their prices on parts are competitive with a lot of online retailers.

Damn, well it has been 10 years since I've been there back when Ernie was the owner..... Ah the good ol' days

Going to try out the "Gun Dude" when I get back stateside for my new lower. I'll post how it goes.

Going to try out the "Gun Dude" when I get back stateside for my new lower. I'll post how it goes.

They've had my gun from Bud's for a week and no call. I've emailed them and am going to call them today and see whats going on. One of the employees has even gone to finding me on a media site but no contact about the rifle, I guess I'll see if they do anything to fix it.

They've had my gun from Bud's for a week and no call. I've emailed them and am going to call them today and see whats going on. One of the employees has even gone to finding me on a media site but no contact about the rifle, I guess I'll see if they do anything to fix it.

You don't call. To book an appointment, you're supposed to do it here: Book Appointments | The Gun Dude

BTW, I'm overseas now and I got an email from them two weeks after my lower arrived there saying it was ready to pick up, but they're holding it for me until I get back stateside.

It also says they will contact me when it's ready for pick up, they haven't... I just got off the phone with them, I'm going to pick it up this afternoon.

To be fair, i sent him an email saying I wasn't in a hurry to pick it up. I think that his email was just prompting me to make an appointment with him.

It was only a week but to me still unacceptable. I went and picked up my rifle and the person working did nothing to make it any better so I emailed the one of the co-founders to see if he's willing to do anything correct it.

Guns and ammo usually calls me an hour or two after the carrier drops it off depending on how many others they got in. I also don't have to set up an appointment, just walk in when I can/want to and it's sitting there ready.

I received a response from the co-founder I contacted, Josh, they are going to refund the transaction fee for me. I hope that he will take some of my other feedback I gave him and correct it. I'm sure it wouldn't have bothered me had I not had a bad feeling when I went to pick up my rifle. As of now I would go back but will only be dealing with Josh but it will be a while before I'll need another transaction.

Went by both plces today, Bill at G&A more than helpful, actually looked up the answers to the questions I had, the other place were nice but no effort to answer my detailed questions abut long gun transfer, they did have a nice stock of guns and accessories though. They were helpful with letting me look at some decent scopes they had.

Guns and ammo warehouse on 28 they charge $30. I used to use virginia arms but I no longer have good things to say about them for the most part. If doing a multiple gun transfer I use decisive armaments, he's a home based FFL but only charges $20 for the first gun and $5 for each extra gun.

Nobody beats Ray Hansohn @ Hansohn brother's in Culpepper.

$20, unlimited transfers. Ship 15 guns there, and its $20 total.

Super nice guy, GREAT prices, Class 3, ESEE Dealer with the best prices I have ever seen, VERY acomidating. Always Awsners the phone and responds to emails. Transactions done on IPAD and recipts sent strait to your email.

I drive 90mins and do all my business through him. Bought hundreds of guns through various FFL's in MD and VA over the years and no one has ever come close on price/service as Ray.

well the gun dude did everything i needed him to do, we convenient, accommodating and it's hard to beat $20 (if you're doing just one gun). I like being able to schedule a time online at my convenience, and he lives pretty close to me too. I plan on using him again.

I use Virgina Arms Co for all my transfers and last minute ammo purchases. My VERY first time in there I took a monolithic upper in and needed them to install/torque my barrel assembly. Robb took it to his workshop area and 10min later came out with the finished product, when I walked to the register to pay he simply said "no charge". Then most recently I couldn't get the KAC rail alligned on my sbr so I took it to VA Arms Co. Not only did Robb install the barrel/rail system...he installed and shimmed my AAC brake as well, to my utter surprise...no charge again! I didn't purchase these parts from them or in store but they didn't hesitate to help me out when I needed it.

Guns and ammo warehouse has gotten better over the years. But VA Arms is the best shop in the area. They will not accept transfers from private individuals

Guns and ammo warehouse has gotten better over the years. But VA Arms is the best shop in the area. They will not accept transfers from private individuals

My only issue with Guns and Ammo is their staff seemed to be rather pompous. The few times I went in the employees I dealt with had an elitist/know it all attitude. That behavior is what pushed me further down the road to Virginia Arms Co; which has a far more polite, professional, and welcoming staff. At least that is my humble opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone who shops at or works for Guns and Ammo. For what its worth my last trip was in early 2012...so maybe things have in fact changed.

Last edited:
well the gun dude did everything i needed him to do, we convenient, accommodating and it's hard to beat $20 (if you're doing just one gun). I like being able to schedule a time online at my convenience, and he lives pretty close to me too. I plan on using him again.
I guess not. The Gun Dude is no longer doing FFL transfers.