• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FFL transfer item - help needed

ichigo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2019
Hello y'all,

I ordered a lower few weeks ago and the lower is in the process of being delivered to the FFL that is near to my location. I was able to gather information on the status of the shipment from Fedex tracking site and they already tried to deliver the item today and was not successful or no body was there to sign for the package. I'm trying to prepare myself for the next step, if the FFL near me is not open (which I used in previous transfers). Can you kindly let me know if I need to call Fedex and have the item delivered to another FFL near me or call the vendor and have them change the delivery address.

Thanks in advance,

Just went through a similar ordeal w/ shitex, they suck period... good luck ! Your best course of action is probably going to be... the lower needs to be returned to sender. Then resent out to the new FFL.

Reactions: aw0l
Generally the item to be delivered is tried three times, and is RTS.
Does your LGS know you have a lower on the way? The one I use has you fill a form so they know when someone has something coming and they keep an eye out.

Fedex will return to sender after 3 attempts to deliver. They "shouldn't' deliver to another address. But, then again, it IS Fedex.

I would suggest calling the shipper and let them know what's going on.

I have so many problems with my local Fedex Ground driver, I finally had to call Fedex corp and raise 3 kinds of hell. The driver was dropping firearms (adult sign required) and signing my name. Videos from my store front finally got her fired or route changed. Either was fine by me.

Did you call your local FFL? That's usually the first step before I order anything to be shipped.

I'd call them first to find out what's going on. They can ask Fedex to hold it for pickup, or they can schedule the time and day for delivery when someone will be there.

They will either re-attempt delivery or they'll give the FFL a notice to pickup the item. After a while it will get sent back to the sender. But if you ordered from an online retailer, then they often charge for returned items.

Also. I've had FedEx/UPS/USPS often say delivery was attempted, and I know it wasn't. But I think the drivers are pressured to say they tried to get everything on their list delivered, but they simply run out of time in a day.

If your FFL is a brick and mortar store, the FedEx delivery person should know the routine for that FFL. Not all drivers are the same, but many times the driver will swing back at the end of the day to see if the FFL is open.

I was not able to call my LGS before ordering due to the availability of the lowers. I was lucky enough to place an order because the lower just lasts for a few minutes and will be OOS. I almost waited for almost a month by refreshing the website and during that time i got lucky. After successfully placing my order and did a quick refresh of the site, the lowers are already OOS.

I have some good news, I was able to contact my LGS today and was able to inform them about the shipment. Hopefully, they will be able to receive my lower and will wait for there call. Did your LGS increase there transfer fee due to the volume that they are processing. I notice that one of my LGS doubled there transfer free, which I was not happy.

Thanks again for all your advices which gave me peace of mind and a plan in a worst case scenario. Another lesson learned

How did the Lower even get shipped to the FFL without a phone call? No vendor Ive bought from will ship the order until FFL info is received.

I buy lowers online, give my FFL guy a ring and tell him I made another order. He asks for the email address of vendor I bought from and I give it to him along with my order number. He then emails his FFL information along with my name and order number. I get shipping notifications on the delivery and when I see its been delivered I call him up to verify and I head on in and get the lower or action or whatever it is I ordered. His fee is 20 bucks for the transfer. Almost all the time I give him double or more for him doing the transfer and taking care of me when I call. Also I use a Pawn Shop. I've found LGS are not always excited about you not buying from their inventory. YMMV