• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FFP Scope Limited to 30 mm tube

peter76

enthusiast
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2014
Houston
www.pst-inc.com
I bought 2nd Sommer& Ockenfuss Shorty Marksman rifle in .300win Mag. Unfortunately there are only 1 inch and 30mm scope mounts available available. I'm looking at a recommendation for a 30 mm FFP Scope. I can only think of Vortex PST and Sightron SIII.
The attached pictures show my first Shorty with a Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27 and a Spuhr SA-4908 mount. I would prefer the original mount. I originally intended to mount the Steiner T5Xi 5-25 which is currently unused n my closet.
Scopes I currently own for reference
S&B PM2 5-25
Nightforce NXS- 12-42 for F-class 2nd Focal plane
Vortex Razor HD 5-20
Vortex Razor HDII 4.5-27
Steiner T5 Xi not in use

Attachments

• photo76044.jpg
    photo76044.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 14
  • photo76043.jpg
    photo76043.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 14
I want at least 20x magnification. I usually don't skimp on optics.

Then the above 2 optics suit your requirements. I'll be dropping the hammer on an AMG as a Christmas present and depending how much I like it, I may buy a second one in January for a tactical build I'm slowly working towards. WJM308 (aka Bill) owns both the AMG and March and prefers the AMG. Both have great glass but I think the general consensus is that the AMG is not as picky with parallax adjustment and is a bit easier to get behind in terms of eyebox/ocular design. Locking turrets on the AMG may or may not be a consideration for you if the rifle is getting bumped around (or not).

The Vortex AMG looks like it will fit the bill, give us a call at 916.670.1103 if you'd like to discuss it more or pre-order the AMG with the new EBR-7B reticle. :cool:

SWFA 5-20x50. Excellent reputation for reliability. Hits well above it's weight class as regards to glass. Great warranty. The two most often heard complaints are reticle and weight.

Tangent Theta TT315M. Not the 20X on the top end you wanted, but everything else is in a class of it's own.
March F1 3-24x52, My next, next scope.

Well, I am sorta on the record that my favourite precision scope at the moment, bar none, is the Tangent Theta TT315M, which has a 30mm tube. Now, I generally prefer scopes of somewhat moderate magnification, so it works well for me.

If you want more magnification, Vortex AMG 6-24x50 should be at the top of your list. I am wrapping up with my review of it and I really like what I see.

ILya

Another vote for AMG. In fact, I am seriously considering to purchase my second AMG next month. I personally do not like heavy scopes...