• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Field Optics Research Pro 39 mil

I had read that thread . It was kind of what turned me on to the pro series .
The + or - 20 deg leveling head looked promising.
The 32 looks like a lot of tripod for under $800.
What turned you th

I have a 32. Good points are the twist locks lock and unlock with little effort. However, even though the head works with both pic rails and arca, I scarred up a few pic rails thanks to the pic locking peg that sticks up in the center. I finally unscrewed the thing out. The top arca edges were rather sharp and my arca gear would also sit too low in the track and I'd have to rock the rifle up into the channel to get it to clamp. I fixed it by putting 2 strips of fuzzy velcro on the surface of the clamp so the rifle rail sat higher and would clamp easily. The 32 is really flimsy compared to a 39/40mm. It works but I really want to get a bigger one. Regardless, I would check out the 39 and see what you think as they may have improved them since I bought my lesser model. My local gunsmith deals with them and loves that model.

I had read that thread . It was kind of what turned me on to the pro series .
Just so you understand, the Pro series is what I also keyed onto in that thread, and after a lot of research, I discovered the RRS was just worth it (for me). FOR has some interesting ideas, however.

The whole fuzzy Made in USA bit with the Pro series also was a drag.

Hate to undead this thread but I’m on the fence for a new tripod and I’m undecided on the 2vets Recon V2 or the Field Optics Pro39. I like 2vets but the ball head looks lacking compared to the Field Optics head. So really I’m just looking for user input for one over another