• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Field/Tactical stock choice

mrobles3808

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2013
Nebraska
I'm currently rounding up the components to build a 6 dasher. The rifle will be used primarily for target shooting (paper/steel/prs/etc....) but with as much money I am looking to invest, I want to make sure I get a stock that doesn't weigh a ton and can accomodate for whitetail and antelope hunting where I'll be packing the system.

Right now I have my mind set on going with a Mcmillan stock. No other brand will be considered. I am currently looking at the adjustable game warden model, or the A-3. I was considering the HTG, but not having the vertical grip makes it difficult/less comfortable for prone shooting.

What are you guys using that is shaving weight and allowing for multi-use weapon system?

Mark

I run the HTG and A1-3

I am going to buy a Sako Hunter for my 6.5x47 build this year.

Vertical grip is not a must have

Order th a3 with edge fill. Should be just what you are looking for

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have the A3 carbon fiber and Game Scout , both edge fill and they fill my requirements perfectly , hunting and casual long range steel , no prs for me . After having the vertical grip angle, everything else feels weird to me now . I'll never own another stock without the vertical grip.

I have an A3 Sporter that's quite nice, but I've found that the LOP is a touch short for prone work. Feels really nice off a tripod or seated. I think the comb height is a little low, but I run all my adjustable cheek rests pretty high so I probably have a weird face. My next rifle will be using the adjustable game warden FWIW.