• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fighting the AI

IMG_3624.jpeg

1684857953595.gif

I'm going to buy a Terminus Zeus QC action, AND when available a LH AI AT-X rifle- just to piss off DouchesBeforeDiscount.

I may "not know s**t" about precision rifle as he claims, and I admit- because I'm a newb to PrecRifle, but I know he's a tool whose skills suck compared to his ability to celebrate himself.

Last edited:
Fair enough, personal choice is a real thing. What models did you have previously? Of course the ATX is meant to be the more competition driven choice. I’ve got the AX and love it but I’m not using it for any kind of comp rifle and wouldn’t consider it to be the best option for that use.

What trigger are you running? If running a single stage that would immediately make the AI trigger a no go I imagine.
I had an AT, multiple Post 2014 AXSAs with and without SFP bolts and an AXMC. Ran both the comp trigger and stock trigger. My customs have worn Trigger Tech single and 2 stage triggers, but I've settled on a single stage recently.

Out of all of the "quick change" systems, I do think AI is better than DT or the MRAD. Hell I even won a local match with the AXMC I had. I just personally find AIs to be extremely overrated. My AXSAs and MC didnt live up to the fabled AI reliability, even in perfect conditions.

Like I said, I'm most likely in the minority of AI owners. But I don't regret selling mine at all.

Negative. Desert tech is next. All that giant clamshelling makes it more secure more repeatable
I mean as a whole rifle system. Though I much preferred the AI barrel clamp system over the DT SRS clamp. Needing a barrel extension was annoying to say the least.

Reactions: BurtG
IMO where the AI shines is a hard use field rifle system on the AXSR/AXMC/ASP/PSR platform. You can run anything from 22-250/22cm to 338 Lapua/Norma and it runs well and the barrel changes are completely repeatable. You can shoot it casually at the range or use it for some hunting or go shoot F-Class, PRS, and ELR matches with it. It does a lot and is a very versatile platform.

I love AI rifles and I've owned a bunch of them and will continue to, but I wouldn't have one as my sole rifle for what I do. If an AI can fill all the applications for you then I wouldn't see what's wrong with only having an AI.

I see he’s banned now. Dang. I was hoping @Lowlight would let Larry off the ban list for a Friday night to go at it with crabsandsyphillis. I’d have to get some beer for that one.

Just so I contribute, hopefully I can justify an AI by the end of the year. I may sell a shit ton of rifles to get there like others have done. I realized about 5 years ago I should have one and then tardedness set in with pricing. Live and learn.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
I see he’s banned now. Dang. I was hoping @Lowlight would let Larry off the ban list for a Friday night to go at it with crabsandsyphillis. I’d have to get some beer for that one.

Just so I contribute, hopefully I can justify an AI by the end of the year. I may sell a shit ton of rifles to get there like others have done. I realized about 5 years ago I should have one and then tardedness set in with pricing. Live and learn.
I did that and didn’t look back.

The AT with thumbhole and a 20” 308 is money.

I may get an ATX one day. Or the MC. We shall see.

Man, I am so sorry I kept passing this thread up. I peaked in at the very start and never anticipated what it could turn into. Oh well, live and learn. Great job, gents.

same. haha.

and personally I have no preference for AI (admitted poor working construction) but please dont sully Impact with this clown.

carry on...

lol

Reactions: Bender
But there is a way...LOL. Check it out.

Oh! It works if you don’t expect the form field to prepopulate the user name and just instead hit “Search”. Looks like after one is banned that prepop bit stops working. I never hit “Search” as I wrongly thought it wouldn’t find anything.

For example, if I type in “Baron”
CF4936FD-58F8-4D3D-A6CB-C50888EC0EC4.png

And here’s when I type “Crabs”
0750DA07-2B6F-45A3-AD36-1A322F5C16BD.png

Oh! It works if you don’t expect the form field to prepopulate the user name and just hit “Search”. Looks like after one is banned that prepop bit stops working. I never hit “Search.”

For example, if I type in “Baron”
View attachment 8147581

And here’s when I type “Crabs”
View attachment 8147582
I just clicked on his avatar/name a post he made, clicked on messages, and they all came up.

Reactions: carbonbased
I just clicked on his avatar/name a post he made, clicked on messages, and they all came up.
Yeah, that’s why I provided that earlier link. But I wrongly thought the only easy way to find one of his posts was via googling this site. Anyway…

I Love a lively debate but when some people become broken records it's time to toss the album for the CD
CD? WTF, I am still trying to find a #2 pencil so I can fix my David Hasselhoff cassette.

I gots the poors, cain't afford CDs and AIs 🤣

Seriously, I love reading about and seeing extremely accurate rifles, but my skills simply do not justify the expense.

AI's suck.
Especially AE MK3 in a folder.
Contact me for disposal.
Should have bever sold that one.

R
You are preaching to the choir. I had a AE MKII I bought new and had for several years. Ended up selling it and got a AI AX which I still have. I regret getting rid of it. Obviously the AX is a better rifle but still should have kept the AE, saved a bit more and then got the AX.

Never have had the urge to buy an AI, but have zero experience with them and being left handed doesn't help.
I have had the urge to sell all of my Defiance Actions since all of them love binding up when moving the bolt.
Zero issues with my Impact actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoweit
I’ve been seeing this thread for 5 days thinking y’all were arguing about fighting robots and it turns out y’all are just fighting about AIs lol.
Well, there was really only one smooth brane fighting but he fucked around a bit too much and found out. Now we get a little reprieve from his bullshit

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG and Bender
I've had a few AI's over the years, an AXSA, AT-LE and a AXMC. If I had to pick one that I liked the best it was the AT-LE but that was more from a form factor and aesthetics stand point. The AXMC was hands down the most useful of the bunch and the one I'd recommend most having if they could only have one, they are just so versatile in regards to their caliber range and like many others have already touched on, it's the best multi-cal switch barrel long action system out there. I no longer own an AI but I am seriously considering picking up an AT-X for long range paper punching, steel ringing, precision classes and coyote overwatch.

I have recently gotten back into customs and I must say that IMHO they do some things better and the 700 clone market is much better than it was a decade ago, in the short action world 700 clones have no match beyond factory guns. Custom builds can require more tinkering at times but the feel and unlimited customization is unmatched in comparison. I have owned a Gen 2 DT SRS as well and I never clicked with that platform.

I won't ever fault someone for desiring or preferring an AI as they are well built, robust, consistent rifles that hold their value better than most anything out there, but I don't think that they are "the very best" out there either.

Last edited:
If any members need to dispose of their POS AI rifles please PM me.

I will take them to the local recycler free of charge. I will cover the shipping.

not to turn this into a pissing match, but id sell and have sold many other rifles to jump into a Tac Ops. the AI is great but the TacOps is a higher level of refinement and attention to detail than just about any other rifle around.
This. I sold my AX to buy the Tacops and dont have any regrets. However I will always regret selling my 90s era AW…. I should have kept that one

I would love an OG AW.

Love my TacOps, it's never leaving my collection. An OG AW in .308 would be a nice compliment to the collection.

Reactions: Charger442