• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Figuring Out Practiscore

christopher.dow

I can use measuring things
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2017
San Francisco, CA
I've been charged with setting up Practiscore for my club match. I've started to RTFM but TFM is a little light. It occurred to me that a thread here in Match Resources would be a good place to share information, since this topic can cover a lot of ground.

Things I'm interested in learning are:

What is your process for setting up and reviewing match CoFs?
Do you distribute tablets to the squad moms, or do you have them install the app?
If you don't use Practiscore for registration, how do you get shooters in to the system?
Do you have any tips & tricks you've figured out to make things go more Smoothly?
What are some pitfalls you've encountered?

Thanks for any info you can share, and I'll be putting my learnings in here, as well.

Practiscore is great for running matches. You will come to love using it. But, yes, it takes a bit to get things moving.

First off...I highly suggest you use the iOS platform instead of Android. iOS offers more features and better support. There is also a great online help available if the manual leaves you cold... https://practiscore.on.spiceworks.com/portal/tickets

You can either have pads for each squad that they keep with them, or leave a pad at each stage. We run different matches both ways. And both ways work well. It all depends on how many squads/stages/pads you have.

If you don't have shooters use online registration, it's simple to add each shooter as they walk up day of the match to register. It's under Shooters/Squads on the main menu.

I try to set up each stage so that the scoring is obvious to anyone picking up the tablet.

Reactions: christopher.dow