• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors filed down the threads on my 51t AAC mount

FedCop

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
puyallup WA
So my suppressor would mount and the instructions say its ok to have a little bit of give or "wiggle" but mine was really bad and i could not thread it on enough to hit that next tooth. While shooting i would get a lot of back blast and powder residue all the way up my barrel and even onto my glass.

I started with some 400grit sand paper and pollish to try and get it to thread onto that next tooth but after about an hour I just used my dremmel and soft super fine sanding wheel. another hour later i was able to get it to that better tighter tooth and everything is nice and tight now. Has anyone else done this. i didnt take much if hardly any metal away and when i thread it on everything looks strait but im worried about it. Any thoughts or advice?

Most people chuck them in a lathe or even a drill. The idea is to shave the mount uniformly and not make low spots. Having it spin on a drill will give it a more uniform removal of material.

But yes many people have done this in the past, most have no problems