• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally!!! 7sprc!

IHFarmer07

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2018
Freeburg, Missouri
Glad to here someone tried what I thought would be a great round! Hopefully it’ll be my next chambering!

Attachments

• 1ADEB30E-1736-4EAE-9A04-7D5F07AB513A.png
    1ADEB30E-1736-4EAE-9A04-7D5F07AB513A.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 898
I hope this one takes off. Numbers look good. Brass would be easy to source and cheap

Reactions: IHFarmer07
180g @ 3000 FPS in 6.5 PRC case? I could only get 2950FPS in my 6.5 PRC with 156 EOLs and it a pretty warm load.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt_3479
What’s wrong with having another option in cartridges?
Yes, 7 Saum is there, it’s also fatter and has a rebated rim, not a big deal but.......new innovation in cartridges and trying to make them more efficient, what’s wrong with that. All I can say is I have a 6.5prc and now it wouldn’t be hard to make a 7mm Sprc with it, if I had a 6.5 saum then ya, 7 saum all the way.

Sure, if you can find the brass.
Also there’s only one place to get formed brass and last I checked it’s more $$ for the brass than other chamberings, nothing wrong with the Sherman cartridges, they’re great I’m sure, I’d love to have a bunch of them but everything is proprietary to just Mr. Sherman.

180g @ 3000 FPS in 6.5 PRC case? I could only get 2950FPS with 156 EOLs and it a pretty warm load.
That seems pretty fast given what I load my 7SS at.

By the time a guy pays for everything on a new wildcat cartridge, I don't see a whole lot of difference between getting a Sherman cartridge or any other wildcat. A couple hundred bucks at most. On the other hand, a 7 saum is cheaper than any wildcat. If a guy wants to play with a 7prc, more power to ya.

As for finding any brass, if you are gonna build a custom, you usually have time to find that and stock up on it. Do it right. These ammo/component shortages should teach that. Rich has done pretty good keeping brass available. And, you can use any 7 saum brass for SS in a pinch after turning necks.

Reactions: BCX

By the time a guy pays for everything on a new wildcat cartridge, I don't see a whole lot of difference between getting a Sherman cartridge or any other wildcat. A couple hundred bucks at most. On the other hand, a 7 saum is cheaper than any wildcat. If a guy wants to play with a 7prc, more power to ya.

As for finding any brass, if you are gonna build a custom, you usually have time to find that and stock up on it. Do it right. These ammo/component shortages should teach that. Rich has done pretty good keeping brass available. And, you can use any 7 saum brass for SS in a pinch after turning necks.

58.6G H1000, 22" Proof, TBAC 7, 80 deg. Dunno fast barrel I guess. Didn't run into pressure signs till 59.4g.

Reactions: hereinaz

Ya, it seems fast but who knows lol. I would buy a 7saum, actually that’s what I originally wanted but finding components for the saum was hard at the time and no factory ammo option when I ordered a 6.5prc. Now there’s all kinds saum components🤘🏻.

I had a 7 LRM at one time in a Desert Tech platform, did just what hereinaz said, bought all my components before hand and had enough to shoot out 3 barrels. The 7SS is one mean round! That will be my next build. 180g at 3000fps is some serious Elk medicine!

Reactions: rydah and DDoug
My Sherman 7 Max is kicking a$$. In a pinch shoot 7 SAUM.

Reactions: IHFarmer07
My Sherman 7 Max is kicking a$$. In a pinch shoot 7 SAUM.
Now correct me if I’m wrong, the 7max is a “improved” 7saum in a sense, right?? Kinda like a 7saum ai but in a Sherman name ect.?

If it is I wouldn’t blink and eye to buy the Sherman. I think I had read somewhere where you can shoot saum ammo/brass and have 7 Sherman Max in the end, am I correct?

Now correct me if I’m wrong, the 7max is a “improved” 7saum in a sense, right?? Kinda like a 7saum ai but in a Sherman name ect.?

If it is I wouldn’t blink and eye to buy the Sherman. I think I had read somewhere where you can shoot saum ammo/brass and have 7 Sherman Max in the end, am I correct?
yup.

sherman takes decent cartridges and makes them better.

this 7 SPRC...not a step forward over a sherman SST, SS or MAX

Is this not sexy? 🤔

Attachments

• F39F3803-BB1A-466C-AE1F-CA39EA145E73.jpeg
    F39F3803-BB1A-466C-AE1F-CA39EA145E73.jpeg
    406.8 KB · Views: 445
  • CD77BDEC-9192-4F80-A6C5-9F36589BF2CA.jpeg
    CD77BDEC-9192-4F80-A6C5-9F36589BF2CA.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 284
Yes, Hornady 190 A-Tip

I've seen a couple out in the wild. Seems like 2950fps with 175-180gr bullets was what I remember. I think that was a 22 or 24" barrel.

That's nice velocity for a 180g out of a Medium action! Maybe this will get the attention it needs and become more mainstream. Its pretty close to the now all but defunct 7LRM except you had to run it out of a long action.

7 Max should be ran out of a XM length action (Defiance or Lone Peak) if you prefer the spec reamer. Tikka is a another popular action for this cartridge. I built mine on a Lone Peak Fusion TI LA. Had my smith throat it for the 190/195 class. Hornady and Berger 190 @ 3.200 and Berger 195 @ 3.220.

Stop over to the 7 MAX thread. Full build specs w pics and my findings so far.

Out of curiosity why doesn’t anyone bring up the 7mm WSM or the 7mm-300 WSM?
Seems like an easier way to get the speed you all are looking for.

Out of curiosity why doesn’t anyone bring up the 7mm WSM or the 7mm-300 WSM?
Seems like an easier way to get the speed you all are looking for.
The 7 SAUM is more efficient (same speed with less powder) and has higher quality brass available (ADG and Norma).

In fact, the brass situation with WSM is so bad that recently I’ve seen someone on an F class group talk about ordering RCC brass ($5/piece) and on another board there are some people experimenting with a 300-7SAUM-AI. This is despite the near perfection of the 300 WSM design, just reflecting the lack of decent conventionally produced brass for it.

Reactions: gnochi and Hondo1
Is not a 1.4 inch group at 1,000 yards like bench rest winning groups for that distance. Like close to world record sized groups, if I'm not mistaken. Speed also is suspect for a case with the capacity of slightly larger the a .30-06.

Good Luck

Jerry

Is not a 1.4 inch group at 1,000 yards like bench rest winning groups for that distance. Like close to world record sized groups, if I'm not mistaken. Speed also is suspect for a case with the capacity of slightly larger the a .30-06.

Good Luck

Jerry
1.068” is the current record, with a 6 BRA: