• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally, a prototype for an adjustment device for LRF

Spuhr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2009
Sweden
www.spuhr.com
Here is finally is, a prototype for an adjustment device for LRF and illuminators that lacks own adjustment.
Fairly compact and lightweight, and most importantly QD solution for the instrument so it can be taken off and remounted without affecting zero.
Here is a poor Movie from my instagram.

As this just is a prototype and it not have Went to production there is still good possiblitys of further development.
Do anyone of you have any suggestions?

It have totally one degree of adjustement in each direction and one click is 0,2 mil.

Instagram

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412878857.967262.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412878873.028191.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412878906.695664.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412878952.352186.jpg

Freakin' awesome! Great idea and looks like a hit. How will the section that wraps around the spotting scope body be adjustable?

Looks like a great product! Will there be an option for a 1913 mount on the bottom instead of the SPUHR interface?

Starbuck is that an extra magnifier on the vectronix? How does it work/mount and would it work on a terrapin? If so Where do you get it?

Nope i cannot make a better more advaced product and sell it for less money.... That is physically impossible....

Nope i cannot make a better more advaced product and sell it for less money.... That is physically impossible....
Isn't that where outsourcing production comes in? Just kidding obviously, but looks like a great product. Can't wait for the final products to come out.

The problem with the product you are advancing over is its price makes it prohibitive for all but the few that NEED it. If you want to sell them to people that WANT it, price is a factor.

I see just a couple of issues, but the concept is excellent. First, the QD plate needs to be some industry standard, so it can remain on the device when used in other ways. From my experience here at Gunsite, I'd suggest the closet thing to standard is the Manfrotto RC2. Second, using a tool for the adjustments seems unwise. I think finger adjustable is best and they need to be accessible with the device in place. This would argue for placing the adjustment screws to the front, since most all devices will have more overhang to the rear interfering with access.

Best of luck, I look forward to using one when it's finished!

Starbuck is that an extra magnifier on the vectronix? How does it work/mount and would it work on a terrapin? If so Where do you get it?

It's a Zeiss 3X tripler, made for their binoculars, friction fitted into an Ashbury PVS-14 mount for the PLRF-10/15. Don't think this setup will work with the Terrapin, but I'm not sure.

The triplers are available for many different optics vendors - can't remember where I got mine. The PVS-14 mount is available direct from Ashbury, and/CoryT on here, who is one of their dealers.

Others have used the Swaro 2x doublers as well, but again, with the PLRF 10/15 as opposed to the Terrapin.

CoryT

Thanks for the opinions/ideas.
I did consider using a standard interface and possible also using a picatinny.
But the issue is that I wanted to have an extremely good repetability, and the cameraadapters does sure hold the device good, but it's more uncertain that they will hold them right.
An issue with the camera adapters is that they have to be removed from the device (Vectronix PLRF models) for changing batteries.
Here my intention is to not have to remove the interface to change the battery.
So i did consider using the standard interface but did see to many downsides with it.
But I am still not sure if I did make the right choise.

I will definitely consider putting in thumbscrews instead.
The device can be mounted either way, at least as long as you don't mount it on a gun as for recoil.
If there is recoil, it should be mounted this way.

The system is made so you actually can mount it on the gun, and by zeroing the guns adjuster and the spotting scopes adjuster you can move the LRF betwen the rifle and the spotting scope

Neither the Vector nor the PLRF 10 or 15 require removal of the QD plate for a battery change, not sure where you heard that. Given that all the LRF's that have a tripod socket have no other method to secure a mounting plate, I can't see how that may be an issue of precision.

I guess a 1913 to RC2 adapter will handle it for me in any event.