• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes finally broke down and bought some good glass

lethal93ta

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2011
www.streetlethal.net
Ive been wanting to get good glass for a long time, I finally placed the order today, nightforce NXS 8-32 NP-R1 ret high speed .125. I was looking at the 12-42 but I like that the 8-32 has more come up adjustment on there and really I dont shoot long distance over 500 yards to often so I think this will fit my needs just fine.

Re: finally broke down and bought some good glass

thanks, any opinion on the leupold mark 2 IMS mount http://www.midwayusa.com/product/291726/...5-flattop-matte I have one here I could use. its going in a AR-15 in 6.5 grendel so its not like its going to get beat very hard. its the ar with the black comp on it in this pic, time to get rid of the cheap BSA scope thats on it now.
twins.jpg

Excellent choice....I have the exact same scope on my 338

i am thinking about getting a NF prob 5.5-22x56. I have a really nice scope now, but it is more than i need...well i need the money more than the scope.

Never held a nightforce, assume there is a difference in glass between NF and some of the higher end PR's S&B's, Hensoldt's ect... but other than that how do they stack up?

I like FFP but will probably have to cut costs here and go with the SFP

I looked at a couple of nightforce scopes in cabelas before I ordered this scope online, so I didnt get to get a really good feel for the scope since i was looking at in indoors, it is clear and had really good eye relief from what I could tell, im waiting till it comes tuesday to see how it really is, I dont think the clearity would ever touch a S&B scope but there even more money than the nightforce.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubXerO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am thinking about getting a NF prob 5.5-22x56. I have a really nice scope now, but it is more than i need...well i need the money more than the scope.

Never held a nightforce, assume there is a difference in glass between NF and some of the higher end PR's S&B's, Hensoldt's ect... but other than that how do they stack up?

I like FFP but will probably have to cut costs here and go with the SFP </div></div>

If you don't need the ruggedness of the NightForce....Sightron S III has glass that compares very favorably with NF. I can tell you that NF glass is good, as well as Sightron S III and Vortex... but German glass seems to be the best for my eye, IMHO....I've had both BR and NXS models of NF....both are very good. But, for me, IOR and Premier have been the best scopes I've experienced.

I'm probably going to sell my NXS 5.5-22x by 56mm to help fund a scope with German glass. Not that I have any complaints about the NXS....it's been a failsafe scope.

Wayne