• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally built a Grendel

SouthernGunner

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2011
Texas
My 6.5 Grendel build is getting close to being done. It is a S&W upper and lower. It has a 24" satern barrel 1-8.75 twist (soon to be cut to 20")
Midwest industries SS float tube.
Magpul moe + grip
Chip McCormick trigger
Troy lo pro gas block
It has a cheap riser and the Nikon 6-18 off another gun on it at the moment but will soon have a 10x super sniper and will also have an a2 stock. (maybe a PRS in the future).
f871d3f4.jpg

Re: Finally built a Grendel

the 6.5 grendel is a good all around cartridge and really exploits all the advantages of an AR, i haven't shot mine in a while since getting a 6MM AR tough. I think I'll shoot it this weekend.
congrats, i am sure you'll enjoy yours as well, nice build.

I finally finished the grendel. I cut the barrel to 22" and put an a2 stock and put a 10x SS mil/mil in an American Defense 20moa mount.

49f0a440.jpg

Nice looking rifle,I built one awhile back and love it.I did find that shooting prone or off the bench was a pain with the large capacity mags,so i switch to the short ones 5 or 10

yep I only use the 10 round mags for shooting off a bench with my grendel, I only use the 20 round mags for my .223.

Very nice!

I built one with a 18" LW barrel, Geissele DMR, Troy Alpha Rail and ACS stock. I'm surprised they haven't gotten more popular.