• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally ditching the G19. Need new CCW piece. 43x Vs Sig 365xl Vs Sig P320x.

3 rounds is 3 more. Length difference is irrelevant, it's inside the pants. And if I'm feeling frisky I'll grab one of my P-10F magazines with Henning extensions which fit 22 rounds and are still easily concealable under a polo

I don't wear spandex so .25" (arguably) more thickness is also a non issue.

Frankly I'm over the "deep ultra concealment" thing. IDGAF if my pistol prints for a second or two while I move.

I'd rather have a pistol that is, as far as my hands are concerned, the same as the one I compete with. I can shoot both equally fast which is pretty fucking fast indeed with the accuracy needed to shred someone's cardiac cavity.

If capacity is an all consuming issue, just carry the P365 or P365XL with the 15 round magazine so you have 16 rounds.

Also while you might not care if something prints, there other people in other situations that need to avoid printing as a very important thing.

Reactions: PDXGS
My personal observation is that most people who own handguns simply cannot shoot one to any kind of adequate standard.
A guy I know sent me some shoot and move training he did recently. They open the lanes at a public range and setup targets downrange as an obstacle course. While watching it, I snagged a still that stuck out to me.

The ceiling agrees with your statement. I bet most of those aren't even from shoot and move.
iZYmPhW.png

I had a P320 when they first came out, sold it for a G19, and just recently shot an M18 (military P320 with a safety).

I think the 320 is superior to the G19 in every way. The factory trigger is better in the Sig than my aftermarket trigger in my G19. The grip is more comfortable, and the grip angle allows the gun to point better, in my experience. I'm switching back as soon as I can clean up some other projects.

A guy I know sent me some shoot and move training he did recently. They open the lanes at a public range and setup targets downrange as an obstacle course. While watching it, I snagged a still that stuck out to me.

The ceiling agrees with your statement. I bet most of those aren't even from shoot and move.
iZYmPhW.png

Those are from the people in the stalls. I've seen it happen.

If capacity is an all consuming issue,

No, it's not the all consuming issue. Carrying the same exact pistol that I compete with is even more important. The dimensional differences between a P-10C and P-10F don't affect what matters: how it interfaces with me.

No, it's not the all consuming issue. Carrying the same exact pistol that I compete with is even more important. The dimensional differences between a P-10C and P-10F don't affect what matters: how it interfaces with me.
Your needs are exact with everyone else’s. 😉

I had a P320 when they first came out, sold it for a G19, and just recently shot an M18 (military P320 with a safety).

I think the 320 is superior to the G19 in every way. The factory trigger is better in the Sig than my aftermarket trigger in my G19. The grip is more comfortable, and the grip angle allows the gun to point better, in my experience. I'm switching back as soon as I can clean up some other projects.
I think Sig has made significant strides in their factory triggers ever since they involved Bruce Gray/Grayguns in the Legion product development.

I see lots of guys upgrading their trigger in the 365 and 320 and similar striker fired sigs and think its mainly a matter of "accessorizing" thats plagued the industry now. Everyone has a product if you are willing to pay for it, even to solve issues that dont really exist, or dont have a "measurable" way to gauge improvement. Significantly lighter trigger pull on a carry gun is not an improvement, IMO.

Every current sig Ive owned or shot, has a factory trigger SIGNIFICANTLY better than any of my old p series (2x 226's, my 229 classic carry, or my old p239)

Reactions: PDXGS
Wow this thread strayed far from the OP's fairly specific questions.

@EotS I'm a big fan of optics that are proven to be duty grade like the Triicon RMR, RMR- cc, and Aimpoint Acro p-2, so your best bet might be to avoid the optics ready option and instead get a p365 and have it milled for a RMR- cc, and just use an XL grip module and 12 round mags with it.

Last edited:
On-paper comparisons are interesting, but stuffing a G19 down the front of my pants is different than doing the same with a G48 despite the similar measurements.

I'm also not yet convinced that maximum capacity is the end-all-be-all parameter, but at least I'm no longer carrying a single-stack Commander Compact. When those scary LiveLeak videos start coming from my AO, perhaps then it'll be time for extended basepads on my CCW; until then, I really don't feel woefully undergunned with 10-12 rounds in a mag. What does matter is having enough grip to grip, which is why I've progressed from the subcompact guns (especially for AIWB).

I will agree that concealment is way overrated, assuming one is not doing deep concealment in an NPE. (If you are, that seems like a conversation for a different forum.) If someone cannot see my full-size van when they are backing from a parking spot at the supermarket, do you really think they will notice subtle printing through a polo shirt moments beforehand in the checkout lane? Honestly, many normies won't bat an eye at full-on open carry (note: not at all an endorsement of that bad idea).

I’ll add another vote for the 48. Conceals as well as the 43x and it is the smallest gun that i can shoot well and enjoy. When site radius gets too short I lose the ability to hit anything. With the 48 I can hit half size ipsc at 50 yards with reliability.

The p365 was in the running. If the glock hadn’t been less than half the cost that day the sig may have won. Have not shot one for comparison. If you have to have night sites you can basically knock 100 off the sig since they come standard.

I’ve sold quite a few 365xl’s and Glock 43x’s in the last year but recently I’ve seen people going for a bigger setup similar to the M&P, Shadow Systems, Faxon, sig 320 and Glock 48 setups as I live in PA and concealing the bigger frame isn’t difficult due to the weather. I personally carry a kimber ultra carry ii but have recently been carrying my Glock 20 and I have to say I believe the Glock carries nicer and gives me the extra piece of mind knowing I’ve got quite a few rounds if needed.

It's about weight, not size.

*I believe more people are going bigger because they actually sense a need for a gun or are expecting a fight. Not a mugging, a fight. Today's political climate and the polarization of both "sides" is extreme.

*This is my reasoning anyway.

I went to a 320 carry from a 3" 1911 because of the shit happening these days, the riots going unchecked, people getting robbed in broad daylight, seems like more crimes are being committed by multiple attackers as well... whether that's true or just the bigger headline... suppose I don't know.

So, I went from 8+1 to 17+1, though I have found myself carrying the 320 21+1, just got my Tier One Aegis Elite and like my enigma system... the 21 rd mag conceals just fine.

22 in the gun and another 21rd mag for backup, 43 rounds total is a bit more of a safety blanket.

If I am letting media unjustly influence that decision, then that is something to consider, as it's born of manipulation and ignorance, though I do believe it's better to err on the 43 round side if one must err. As far as weight, that 3" 1911 was 26oz, so is this 320, the difference in weight will be the amount of bullets.

Reactions: Milf Dots
For that size, I like my modified Sig 938, but I like my 1911 style guns.

If I was going to go striker in that size