• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally finished my Tikka

wakeboarder4402

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Kalifornia
TikkaManners.jpg

Well, a little over a year after joining the hide, lots of research and some waiting (21 weeks for my stock, but well worth it!) my first precision rifle build is finished! I started with a Tikka T3 Varmint in .308, installed Hinterland's bolt knob and shroud, an EGW 20 MOA picatinny base, and put it all in a Manners T4. For glass I went with a Vortex PST 6-24 MOA in SFP in Vortex/Seekins rings with Vortex cant indicator, all from Scott at Liberty Optics (who is awesome to deal with!). Put on an Atlas that I picked up from the PX here, and a stock pack from Triad. For the load that I started with, I went with a Berger 150gr flat base over 41.5 grains of Varget set 15 thousandths off the lands, and a Federal 210M primer. For doing no real load development, and no formal training I was extremely pleased with the results.

308Target.jpg

Once I got the scope dialed in I put this 5 shot group together from 100 yards, and it measured just over .6 inches. In the coming weeks I plan on developing a load with 175 SMKs, and putting some groups up from 200 yards as well.

Re: Finally finished my Tikka

Your off to a great start with a very nice rifle. With a little load work you will be amazed at the results.
smile.gif

Regards, Paul

Thanks Paul. I actually may be sending you my bolt here in the near future for some work as well!

Thanks for posting. I have an almost identical build I've been waiting forever to get done. I've had the scout, the manners stock, atlas and triad stock piece for awhile. I've just been waiting now for the AICS magazine bottom metal from the UK to come in.

I've been shooting it quite a bit and am stoked as I have managed two 5 shot groups that can be covered entirely by a dime just on the factory black hills 168gr. Started to reload for it with 168's and 178's and am showing some promise. I'm really enjoying it just the way it is so far and am curious to see how it will looks all said and in done in the Manner's stock but seeing yours now I have a good idea. Oh yeah Nice Clean Build.

Thanks, jchapman. I am definitely looking forward to getting a good load worked up with the 175's, as well as getting some training behind the rifle. You'll have to make sure you put yours up when you're done as well. Gotta spread the Tikka love!