• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Finally Got the M&P 9

welfordnremt

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2011
Petal, Mississippi
I've been looking for a M&P 9 for about a month now and found one when I went back home to visit my mom. Haven't shot it yet,but it feels a lot better than my glock. The trigger feels like crap so the Apex kit is definitely in order.

Re: Finally Got the M&P 9

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: welfordnremt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking for a M&P 9 for about a month now and found one when I went back home to visit my mom. Haven't shot it yet,but it feels a lot better than my glock. The trigger feels like crap so the Apex kit is definitely in order. </div></div>

What???
confused.gif

WHat's the date stamp on the cartridge case envelope inside the gun case.

It bugs the heck out of me when people bitch about the M&P trigger, but nobody says anything about the super crappy Glock triggers.

Follow the link at the bottom of my signature. No need to spend $80 on Apex parts. They literally make $70 on an $80 kit in profit. PM me after you watch my video, and I can tell you how to bring your trigger down to around 3 1/2# if you want.

By the way ... after shooting the M&P for a couple thousand rounds you'll not go back to Glock. I never did!

I'll check it out thanks. The trigger break isn't too bad, it feels like grit up until it breaks. I agree glock triggers are shit, that's why I had it redone as well.

You can fix the grit by polishing the trigger bar and take-up engagement on the sear as shown in my videos. I polish mine to a mirror finish, and they feel like greased glass.

I should clarify a little. I found a new M&P that someone was willing to trade for without me getting ripped off. The date stamp on the cartridge is 28MAR12. I'm watching your videos now,thanks again for the heads up.

Sweet videos! I've personally found the Apex RAM to be useful for feeling the reset (if you're into that sort of thing)

Well I didn't do any metal removal just polishing and fired about 250 rounds. The trigger is growing on me. I think I am going to try the RAM I don't like not being able to feel the trigger reset. I'm liking this a lot better than my glock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: welfordnremt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking for a M&P 9 for about a month now and found one when I went back home to visit my mom. Haven't shot it yet,but it feels a lot better than my glock. The trigger feels like crap so the Apex kit is definitely in order. </div></div>

What???
confused.gif

It bugs the heck out of me when people bitch about the M&P trigger, but nobody says anything about the super crappy Glock triggers.

Follow the link at the bottom of my signature. No need to spend $80 on Apex parts. They literally make $70 on an $80 kit in profit. PM me after you watch my video, and I can tell you how to bring your trigger down to around 3 1/2# if you want.

By the way ... after shooting the M&P for a couple thousand rounds you'll not go back to Glock. I never did! </div></div>

to each their own. I like the glock trigger...

adn this is coming from a guy with 3 M&Ps and no glock
smile.gif

An M&P was my first striker fired purchase. I have to admit I was wanting to dislike it for some reason, maybe because my wife recommended it. But I needed a pistol to get into competition and I got it cheap. I now have to admit I really like it and after probably close to 10k rounds, it has been utterly reliable. It has been retired as my back-up competition pistol after I pick up a G35 in a trade.

I just got my wife a MP9 today. After handleing it and doing some dry fires, I am wanting one for myself now. Thinking about trading in my USP40 for an MP40. The pistol just feels good and has a good NPA. Cant wait to go shoot hers.

The trigger was one of the main reasons I chose the M&P over a Glock the last time I bought a pistol. I had made my mind up to buy a Glock until I got my hands on the M&P.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yeticowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The trigger was one of the main reasons I chose the M&P over a Glock the last time I bought a pistol. I had made my mind up to buy a Glock until I got my hands on the M&P. </div></div>

Same here. I got a wild hair to get a G23. After handlilng the MP9 yesterday, I have a taste for domestic now.

I love my M&Ps, great little guns. Do a quick trigger polish on them and they are perfect. The only gripe I had was the grip being too slippery but I took care of that on my own. Started out as just my guns, now it is a full time hobby!

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

Gun looks great, going to grab one soon. Nice to see polymer guns with a little more character than your all business glocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: welfordnremt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking for a M&P 9 for about a month now and found one when I went back home to visit my mom. Haven't shot it yet,but it feels a lot better than my glock. The trigger feels like crap so the Apex kit is definitely in order. </div></div>

What???
confused.gif

By the way ... after shooting the M&P for a couple thousand rounds you'll not go back to Glock. I never did! </div></div>

I shot a buddy's M&P 9 (not sure how old) against my G21SF (gen3) on Saturday and the Glock trigger was much smoother and broke more cleanly (to me anyways). I find all Glocks I have shot to be ridiculously accurate out of the box.

I was on the glock club for awhile just because i needed a 9mm host that was inexpensive.. but once I started shooting M&Ps it was all over, I am on my second one this month!

2012-07-26_18-01-36_467.jpg

Yep, I got on the M&P kick back in 2006, I think I have 6 of them now. I need to get a shield to stipple up...

After a little bit of stoning and 300 rounds I have no more complaints about the trigger. The glock is a good gun, I can never take that away from it. I really like the mp and will probably never buy another glock based simply on the comfort of the mp

I am a big glock fan and there is nothing wrong with the M&P trigger out off the box, sights and mags are better than the glock too, I really tried to hate the M&P but just can't it is a great pistol period.

Have any of you guys had difficulty with 115 grain out of the M&P 9? I've been reading that because S&W put a 1:18 twist in the M&P line they handle the heavier grains like 147 much better than the 115. European guns have a 1:8 or 1:9 twist so the 115 grain is going to work well for them. I was at the range yesterday and I was shooting my HKP30 and my M&P 9. The HK was ok out to the 20 yard line but the M&P was horrible at just 7-10 going way right and down. I was shooting Independence 115 FMJ.