• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Finishing an LMT/Knights/Armalite-A 80 jig recommendations.

RickyRodney

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2014
MD
I cannot find a jig or a drawing to finish my lower. I cannot find a jig anywhere, and have been told a DPMS jig cannot be used. Anyone have any ideas?

I would check out these guys. They sell Knights style lowers, as well as this jig so it might work. Out of stock like everything else, but worth a call.

Wow that’s crazy. Well let me know if you find something that works - unfortunately that’s the only jig I know of.

Pardon I missed the Armalite part. That's the real downside of the AR10 platform, the idea of "mil spec" is really limited.

Pardon I missed the Armalite part. That's the real downside of the AR10 platform, the idea of "mil spec" is really limited.

No problem, Its literally impossible to find a jig, and after genesisCNC shut down and stole $275 from me (never sent me product, and website is down).....I'm not sure what to do.

What are the chances you can mod your jig a bit? What does it reference off of and is it armalite compatible? If the alignment is correct I would consider clearancing an LR308 jig. I was able to do such on with my BTR jig with EP80 9mm lower.

What are the chances you can mod your jig a bit? What does it reference off of and is it armalite compatible? If the alignment is correct I would consider clearancing an LR308 jig. I was able to do such on with my BTR jig with EP80 9mm lower.

I don't have a complete armalite lower to go off of, to know where everything needs to be. The pins should line, up although I never tried it.