• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finnish M28/76 front sight question

mason.ostrom

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
I have recently acquired an M28/76 that is missing the front sight. I am considering making a front sight for it as the originals are very hard to come by these days. I know there is one on gun broker for sale, but it is missing the locking ring for the aperture and is relatively pricey when you include purchasing the apertures separately. I am considering making a front sight for it or possibly making an adapter that would allow me to use either an old lymann or anschutz front sight globe. My question to those of you that own this rifle, what is the height to the center of the front sight globe when measured either from the center of the front sight adjusting screw or when measured from the top of the front sight base. Thanks so much to anyone who can help!