• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finnish M28/76

That is very good information to know sacred-sheep. What are you looking to get out of those? Also, can you name a good source for match ammo with the 7.62x54R? All I ever run into is the "spam can" which isn't really too accurate.

p.s. What do you think of Martiini Knives?

PM me an offer so we can talk about it.

Before I can give any tips for match ammo I need to know some things, like what kind of weapon you have in that caliber and do you have reloading equipment?
I might be able to pull out load info for the ammunition we used for our TKIV-85 if that is something you are interested in.

My opinion on the Marttiini knives is that they are overall really well made and high quality knives and my experiences with them have never left any room for criticizing.

Is the bore too tight for surplus ammo? It would be interesting to see how it performs with some 7N1.

Yes, it's generally regarded as a no-no to shoot surplus through these and the M28/30's.

I don't mind though... I reload, and have for a while, and the .308" bore 1-9.5" twist is sure convenient when it comes to available bullets.

Very cool project. I wish I had never sold my M28-30. Found it in a gun store in the bay area while at Berkeley for $200. They has it tagged as an M91/30. Using that brass Igman ammo, of which I still have more than half an ammo can of, I could make hit on steel at 600 yards fairly easily with iron sights. It was one heck of a shooter.

I might be able to pull out load info for the ammunition we used for our TKIV-85 if that is something you are interested in.

I think many of us would be very interested in TKIV-85 reloading data. Please post anything you can find, or start a thread in the reloading section and post a link here...

TKIV parts are too expensive for my budget, but if you would be willing to take good pics of them for the rest of us to learn from, I would appreciate that!

Thanks!! I'm hoping for good things out of her...

I hope these pictures make your day Ivan... ;-)

That is Beautiful!!

What scope base is that??

It's good to see you over here shep!!

I used pre-made stencils from here... Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce That Mickey's Sticky looks pretty similiar.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the kind words... I've got her together and will be taking her out on Monday.

Here are some pictures for you guys to look at!!

ASEV1_zpsf705425d.jpg

Bolt_zps8540e3e0.jpg

Action_zps1949ea32.jpg

1_zps87211d6f.jpg

What a great rifle! Well done!

I tested several loads today after our club bullseye pistol match...

These were 155 grain Berger hybrids, G7 B.C. of .247, and G1 BC of .483. According to QuickLOAD, H-100V and Reloader-17 give some pretty good velocities with these lighter bullets. All loads were 3.030" OCL.

The H-100V loads I started @ 54 grains and ended with 57 grains, in 1/2 grain increments. I didn't see any pressure signs. My accuracy node is around 55.5-56.0 grains of H-100V.

H100V_zps73fbf2fc.jpg

With the Reloader-17 I started at 54 grains and ended with 56.5 grains. There wasn't a huge fluctuation in groups size, and they were definitely larger than the H-100V groups. Again, I didn't see any pressure signs with any of the loads.

R17_zps73ad7034.jpg

I'm going to load up a bunch with the H-100V and chrono them soon. I'm guessing they'll be around 3,000 fps... but we'll see. Surprisingly the POI of the 155 Bergers is very similiar to the 185 Bergers @ 100 yds.

I also loaded up a some 168 grain bore riders that my buddy gave me.

168gn_zps0aca488a.jpg

I have no info on these other than they weight 168 grains, and the driving bands are .308"... the projectile itself is .300".

I loaded these over 54 grains of IMR 4350.

boreriders_zps761a6aac.jpg

They definitely aren't loaded to mag length... and the bullets themselves are LONG!! I shot 2 rounds today, just to get an idea of impact. They are definitely a little warm... I got flattened primers on both rounds, though I have no qualms about shooting them.

Both rounds were touching, but they were 2.75 MOA left and off the paper.

I'm just guessing, but what I put into shooter was a G7 B.C. of .300, and a velocity of 2750 fps. I only have 14 left, and I'm saving them for the 1 mile attempt.

Stay tuned...