• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First 308

Well.... She's mine! Hurrah!
And a thing of beauty she is too.
Took her for a spin yesterday. Only had chance to put 21 rounds through, which allowed me chance to sight her in.
I had to do it on a wooden rest, which wasn't ideal, which leads me too...
No bipod currently - something else I know nothing about.
Any advice on which bipod to get (and how it attaches, as there's scant information I can find relating to fixing one to a TRG22) would be much appreciated. Am hoping to not spend more than £200 (so probably $200).
TIA 😁

Honestly, the best alternative is a TRG bipod as well. Unfortunately, it is also the most expensive. The only piece of advice I can give you is that occasionally Beretta (which apparently owns Sako) has a 50% off sale - at least here in the U.S. That's how I picked up the bipod and a spare mag.

Oh, and the Sako bipod literally snaps in to the front of the rifle.

Reactions: Sonofsammo
Honestly, the best alternative is a TRG bipod as well. Unfortunately, it is also the most expensive. The only piece of advice I can give you is that occasionally Beretta (which apparently owns Sako) has a 50% off sale - at least here in the U.S. That's how I picked up the bipod and a spare mag.

Oh, and the Sako bipod literally snaps in to the front of the rifle.
I just looked - £375 ($530)!!! Oh my days!
Sadly well outside my purchasing power at present.

Well.... She's mine! Hurrah!
And a thing of beauty she is too.
Took her for a spin yesterday. Only had chance to put 21 rounds through, which allowed me chance to sight her in.
I had to do it on a wooden rest, which wasn't ideal, which leads me too...
No bipod currently - something else I know nothing about.
Any advice on which bipod to get (and how it attaches, as there's scant information I can find relating to fixing one to a TRG22) would be much appreciated. Am hoping to not spend more than £200 (so probably $200).
TIA 😁
Congrats on the rifle, color me jealous.

Unfortunately, they are spendy.

You could consider something like this, but it isn't for field use.

There is an adapter for the Harris bipod. It fits in the rail on the bottom of the stock:

Make sure You get the swivel model with notches. The S-BRM if most of your shooting is from the bench, the 9-13 model is a bit better for field use.
Also pick up a pod lok. It is a lever that replaces the nut used to tighten and loosen the locking nut. It allows you to adjust the tension without a wrench. There are several companies that make them, including Harris. Just search for Harris bipod lever.

Got hold of a lovely Tier One (Third Eye) bipod. £300 new, but got it for £200, which wasn't bad at all.
PXL_20210605_173632584.jpg

Reactions: BigKev72