• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

First .338 hand loads down the tube

mwilkins

Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Sachse, TX.
Went out this past weekend and let a buddy of mine finish off the Corbon loaded 300 gr rounds on my new build. The Corbons were the first 20 rounds on the barrel. After he finished up I put my first hand loads down the tube. All loads are on the lower end of loading as these are my first ever loads. Being on the lower end I made full grain jumps at 85, 86 and 87. No issues visible after giving the spent brass a good look over.

Loading to mag length so they are getting a decent jump to the lands. All groups are at 100 yards. Even with the light loads, the Bergers still grouped better than the Corbon's. The Corbon's were making a bigger jump than what the Bergers are seated to. That could possibly play in to the difference in grouping along with the person behind the trigger.

Hopefully I get out this coming weekend with a few more loads and a chrony this time.

Bartlein 30" 1:9.5 tw
Berger 300 gr Hybrid OTM
H1000
Fed 215 primers
Lapua brass
.100" Jump

Corbon rounds along with Berger 85 gr loads.

Berger 86 gr loads.

Berger 87 gr loads.