• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

first ameteur camo job

scudzuki

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2012
Philadelphia suburbs
A few days ago I had a sudden urge to paint my stock.
It's an HS Precision Police stock that was given to me by a very generous Hide member months back, and it's been wearing my AAC-SD ever since.

It arrived with camo paint, a base color and what looked like a faux-finish (sponge or rag?) secondary color.
Wasn't bad, but it didn't tickle my fancy, especially after seeing all the amazing paint jobs on other Hider's rifles.

Home Depot now only carries Rustoleum spray paints, but even Rustoleum makes camo paints.

I Googled "camouflage stencils" and came up with enough low-quality images to cut out my own from copier paper, which is not the best for trying to wrap around a stock, but it worked well enough. The stock pack in the "before" photo will be going back on so I didn't go nuts camouflaging the butt stock.

I doubt this would be an effective camo pattern for my area (south eastern PA) but I'm not going on any tactical missions any time soon :)

If it were a $500 plus Manners stock I'd be dissatisfied, but I'm happy enough with the results.

I was not brave enough to paint the barreled action and the scope.

Joe

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 22
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 20
Probily gonna have to have it scoped for the third time. I guess my running days are over.

Well that sucks, sorry to hear it.

Don't count yourself out yet. It took a couple of tries for them to fix my wife's knee but eventually they figured it out. Maybe third time's a charm.

Joe