• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First can

*** Brand New - Just Released *** First shots with the brand new ThunderBeast Magnus-S HUB (7") .30 caliber suppressor. Running it on my 20" Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT 7mm-08 Rem. This will be my new hunting suppressor once I get my stamp back.

*** Brand New - Just Released *** First shots with the brand new ThunderBeast Magnus-S HUB (7") .30 caliber suppressor. Running it on my 20" Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT 7mm-08 Rem. This will be my new hunting suppressor once I get my stamp back.

Is it just you sound set up or is that can pretty loud?

Is it just you sound set up or is that can pretty loud?
It's the way my sound setup is, plus the fact I'm 85% enclosed inside that wooden shooting house that makes it echo, so it sounds louder than if I was out in the open air with no reflective surfaces for the sound to bounce off of. Also, I don't clip the audio like a lot of these "guntuber" guys do to make them sound "hollywood quiet" because that's not reality. They clip the audio at least 50% in editing the video to make them sound extra quiet while the gun is firing.

You can catch it every now and then during some of their videos, if they happen to start talking immediately after firing a round, you will notice their voices sound really quiet, then the audio suddenly jumps right back up and their voice is normal level. It's deceptive, but it brings in views. I'm not all about that. I'd rather people hear what they're actually getting. The way I setup my mic is as close to replicating how they sound in person inside that wooden building.

Reactions: LR1845
Ok guys I am looking at buying my first can and I know this has been beat to death....I've been looking and reading for awhile and my answer seems to be TBAC unless I've missed something.

I want the best can made, best customer service, quietest, lightest best quality, best attachment ECT....MONEY IS NO OBJECT....only thing this can will be used for is 6 and 6.5mm. So my question is who's THE BEST and what model/models should I be looking at.

Thanks Dave
IMG_3121.jpeg

OP- Get some low runout Abel goodness while the going is good

So I met with Tim with SAS yesterday and ordered a Barricade, I go this morning and get my finger prints done electronically at the UPS store then do my ATF paper work and hopefully it goes fast like I've been hearing about.
Thanks for all the replies and info, I will post back when I get this can...as long as it don't drag out to long and I forget.

It's the way my sound setup is, plus the fact I'm 85% enclosed inside that wooden shooting house that makes it echo, so it sounds louder than if I was out in the open air with no reflective surfaces for the sound to bounce off of. Also, I don't clip the audio like a lot of these "guntuber" guys do to make them sound "hollywood quiet" because that's not reality. They clip the audio at least 50% in editing the video to make them sound extra quiet while the gun is firing.

You can catch it every now and then during some of their videos, if they happen to start talking immediately after firing a round, you will notice their voices sound really quiet, then the audio suddenly jumps right back up and their voice is normal level. It's deceptive, but it brings in views. I'm not all about that. I'd rather people hear what they're actually getting. The way I setup my mic is as close to replicating how they sound in person inside that wooden building.
Sometimes the audio clips automatically for the voice because the mic gets overloaded by the gunshots. That’s what happens on my iPhone if I’m not wearing a lapel mic.

Reactions: LeftyJason
Sometimes the audio clips automatically for the voice because the mic gets overloaded by the gunshots. That’s what happens on my iPhone if I’m not wearing a lapel mic.
This is true, but placement is very important so not to overload it to create the automatic clipping. It took me LOTS of trial & error to find the perfect spot that mine does not, and allows accurate sound replication through the videos. It’s all about figuring out your setup in your environment to find what works best.

Mine might sound loud, but if you listen to how loud the action cycling or brass hitting the table, chairs, or wooden floor is, you will see it’s really not all that loud.

Find a cert and get an Ultra 338. I can tell you that on a 6x47L, it's scary quiet for a centerfire rifle.

Reactions: kthomas
So I met with Tim with SAS yesterday and ordered a Barricade, I go this morning and get my finger prints done electronically at the UPS store then do my ATF paper work and hopefully it goes fast like I've been hearing about.
Thanks for all the replies and info, I will post back when I get this can...as long as it don't drag out to long and I forget.
Hopefully they've fixed their issues. I know @Lowlight had some pretty extensive experience with them and many had qc and accuracy issues.

Reactions: LR1845
Hopefully they've fixed their issues. I know @Lowlight had some pretty extensive experience with them and many had qc and accuracy issues.
They must have because I know a few guys running SAS cans with no issues and if you read through the thread someone posted above you'll see that there are more happy customer than unhappy.

Reactions: Clayman