• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First Chuck of the Season

Verminator2

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2008
Eastern Oregon
Went out calling today, my dad has been having a slump, hasn't called anything for a month. We went out to our hot spot and didn't call a single dog
mad.gif
BUT, when dad went back to get the truck on one stand I plopped down to look around at the rim with the binos. The first thing I saw when I brought the binos up was a rockchuck sunning itself
shocked.gif
I had my .243 AI and it was a long ways away, just what I had been waiting for since I got the rifle put together in October. Dad got back and ranged it at 565. Well, we were in the middle of no where (literatly) and it was skylined so I took the shot with about an 8mph wind. Nope, the next two were bad as well, before I figured out that I was 3/4 MOA high. The other two shots were off on windage. On my sixth shot I finally connected after it ran toward me 50 yards, HEADSHOT
cool.gif
I was thrilled. I know some say that you shouldn't shoot them too soon, but I couldn't help my self.

2009rockchucks001.jpg

Re: First Chuck of the Season

holy crap you suck man
smile.gif
still in the 20's here no groundhogs to be found yet. just waiting for spring. good job man atleast you are out and about.

Re: First Chuck of the Season

Good shot. Gotta love head shots. its all i go for with varmints