• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First community gaming event (feedback needed)

Little did I know opening up the discussion to talk games would go so off-board lol but the main goal being here is to see if anyone would be interested in playing a tournament. This would be a paid event with a prize pool. Could be reoccurring or something we do just based on interest.

We were thinking for the first big event of doing Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts and correct we have been touching base with @lowlight to get an idea for titles. Though, we wanted to first start with something causal, no entry fee, and can be open to all that don't typically play games so a game that is pretty low-barrier to entry.
Y'all ever hear of a place called arfcom?

Give me an idea of what prizes you guys would have for things like this?

Depends on how sponsorship pans out. We would be mainly looking at cash prizes from entry fees but if we can get a partnership with a sponsor they may throw in anything from discount codes to free merch. We won't fully know what's on the table until we have those talks with them.

Well shit, If @TheGerman resurrects his BF days as a tank commander I call support engineer/AG gunner position. I think it was TheGerman who logged almost as many hours in tanks as I did on BF. Might have been someone else. May have to go find my shit bucket.

I don't think I'll ever play video games like that ever again lol

I played EQ during college because I was basically trapped there. I didn't like the newer BF games as they had slowly turned into CoD type spam fests with zero tactics and all just spam/luck/spawnkilling, but BF4 with tanks on the larger maps worked very well. After figuring out that basically noone employed any kind of real world tactics and if you did you'd literally kill the entire other team nonstop, it went from logging on to troll people to being in the World Top 20 in KDR.

I played the newer WW2 version BF for like an hour and was like WTF is this garbage.

Now I'm basically waiting on the new Baldur's Gate for my nerd fix when I'm not out shooting people err, stuff.

@nikkir

You'll have to excuse some of the posters above; they only get limited internet time at the public library.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what you're goal is. I see you mentioned that you all play some games online, but from your post I'm a little confused as to what you're wanting to achieve.

Ok, post #31. It is still wrong.

After figuring out that basically noone employed any kind of real world tactics and if you did you'd literally kill the entire other team nonstop, it went from logging on to troll people to being in the World Top 20 in KDR.
This is the way. LOL. I quit after BF4, but trolled non stop with some fellow soldiers in BF3 and BF4 after duty hours. It was ridiculous to get 3-4 squads filled up with your boys and coordinate and control the entire battlefield in conquest. Good memories. The worst was when your TC would get shitfaced on Scotch and take off when you were outside the tank repairing it leaving you to do the 5k to A.

Reactions: Yells01
This is the way. LOL. I quit after BF4, but trolled non stop with some fellow soldiers in BF3 and BF4 after duty hours. It was ridiculous to get 3-4 squads filled up with your boys and coordinate and control the entire battlefield in conquest. Good memories. The worst was when your TC would get shitfaced on Scotch and take off when you were outside the tank repairing it leaving you to do the 5k to A.

I wanted to play the Star Wars game they came out with, but with bullshit like loot boxes and random queuing for vehicles instead of 'let the guy who will get 50 kills this round use it' I just couldn't.

My lack of interest in games now is the lack of depth due to most of them being poor people ports (playstation/xbox) and the current generation of players having an attention span measured in single digit minutes forcing the games to cater to the lowest common denominator which has brought us dumb bullshit like MMORPGs that you can play through as a single player.

Read the entire post that part is from. You're is correct as it wasn't 'your goal' but 'what am confused as to what you are wanting to achieve'

you are = you're

your = something you possess

Stop showing off. Hey? Why do I have a red welt on my left butt cheek? *insert cheek weld humor here*

Reactions: Barneybdb
You are (You're) wrong.

Veer isn't here to settle this.

The only way now is Thunderdome. Now rub yourself with bacon grease and suit up in a layer of saran wrap and lets do this.
your.JPG

I guess there isn't anyone else on this board who finished middle school. I'll go back to playing chess in my mom's basement while sucking cock and guzzling cum. Also, @Dippy I'm not interested in your tiny member. I only enjoy the big ones.

View attachment 7435565
I guess there isn't anyone else on this board who finished middle school. I'll go back to playing chess in my mom's basement while sucking cock and guzzling cum. Also, @Dippy I'm not interested in your tiny member. I only enjoy the big ones.

You're still not getting my Veer patch.

And you're still wrong.

Both you're in these sentances are 'you are'; so how is you are not correct in the original way it was used? Your communist grammar program also thinks Hillary has a 91% chance to win.

'let the guy who will get 50 kills this round use it'
Lol that's me when I get an Imperial walker, all the way. I've seen many players get only a few kills and be blown up before I get the walker and rack up 90+ without ever letting my health go below 50%. On the other hand, I'm terrible playing as a Jedi character so it kinda evens out. Heavy cavalry/mobile artillery is way more fun.

Which gaming platform would this be on? XBOX, PS4, PC

We'll send out a survey to get an idea of what console everyone typically plays. If we get mixed responses but enough interest for each, we may run a couple of events simultaneously.

I know. How about a game where we run around in circles, then get in ridiculously stupid position and try to hit targets with our 25 pound 22s.

• Haha
Reactions: XP1K and MarinePMI
You're still not getting my Veer patch.

And you're still wrong.

Both you're in these sentances are 'you are'; so how is you are not correct in the original way it was used? Your communist grammar program also thinks Hillary has a 91% chance to win.
"you are goal" is not correct. It is the OPs goal. The OP is not a goal. Therefore, the possessive (your) is correct.

"you are goal" is not correct. It is the OPs goal. The OP is not a goal. Therefore, the possessive (your) is correct.

I think I found the problem.

There's 2 you'res in there. I kept looking at the second one with 'what you are wanting to achieve'.

I didn't even notice the first you're, which is actually not correct.

But you're all still wrong. And it's still 1J's fault.

I think I found the problem.

There's 2 you'res in there. I kept looking at the second one with 'what you are wanting to achieve'.

I didn't even notice the first you're, which is actually not correct.

But you're all still wrong. And it's still 1J's fault.

* Word *

You actually want left wing video game playing mommy's basement dwelling dweebs atracted to this site?

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
...Says the guy with 5,000+ posts on an internet forum. 🤣

Well, its been a few years. Plus, I gotta have something to do at work besides work!!
Not a lit of folks wanna come over and play chess in my armory, I mean living room.
A lady friend visited a couple weeks ago and noted my place looks like a gun nut lives here

No you don't.

yes, I do. Was the president of the chess club. No glasses, yes to pocket protector, yes to wedgies, yes to carrying an inhaler everywhere.
really.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Speaking of games.
@JMGlasgow- hows the fixing the house game going?
You gonna get back in there soon?

We gotta do a shoot sometime. im good with cold weather.
makes peeing hard as my little dinger hides inside, but finding it is kinda fun. Long as my hands aint too cold!! 🤣

we can figure out chess. Im rusty for sure!!

• Wow
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
I say 100 yard chess.

Get a cheap plastic set each player gets half on a board glued down.

Shoot pawns at 100, others at 200 and king and queen at 300.

Text shots back and forth.

Attachments

• EC736D5F-80D7-41A0-9038-DCD5C7104622.png
    EC736D5F-80D7-41A0-9038-DCD5C7104622.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • F476BE0E-2894-406A-8BFE-E13F2FFF6504.png
    F476BE0E-2894-406A-8BFE-E13F2FFF6504.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Well, its been a few years. Plus, I gotta have something to do at work besides work!!
Not a lit of folks wanna come over and play chess in my armory, I mean living room.
A lady friend visited a couple weeks ago and noted my place looks like a gun nut lives here

yes, I do. Was the president of the chess club. No glasses, yes to pocket protector, yes to wedgies, yes to carrying an inhaler everywhere.
really.
Never mind. I was going to troll you with short responses that basically ignored whatever your said, but having too much fun watching the grammar nut argue himself into a tailspin to derail things.

Like 6 of uis should play Ghost Recon together so I can just spend the entire game screaming at how bad everyone's SUT skills are.
What? No love for Rainbow Six? If you do go get a squad together I fully expect a video to be posted here of you getting shit-house drunk on good German beer and screaming at your squad "Go be poor somewhere else" and "Get Wrecked Noob". Bonus points if you do it with a terrible German accent.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Like 6 of uis should play Ghost Recon together so I can just spend the entire game screaming at how bad everyone's SUT skills are.
Co-op mission would be fun and bring back fond memories ..............anyone remember Alpha Squad tournaments?

Oh man.... this thread has potential to be one of the best of 2020

I think OP is legit though... He/she mentioned Frank and explained in a follow up post about the project they are doing in collab with this site...

Now back before The Firing Line became heavily moderated and nothing even remotely deviating from firearms discussions are allowed, we'd get tons of actual spammers in the General boards. Mostly trying to sell Chinese penis enhancement pills "made with future technology by our next generation of cutting edge computer and nano robotics trained surgeons and scientists and delivered discreet to your door with the fastest oversea shipping"... Those were always a riot to deal with, especially for night crew peeps like me who would be quite drunk by the time we logged on, before a passing mod shut it down, mostly out of pity for the poor spammer who was being eviscerated in the thread...

Modern Warfare is fun. But I see the Pit is all over this. Oh well, lol.

you guys are legendary lmao

Many members here are actual veterans of modern warfare, and many more will become veterans in the near future before the current leftist threat to this country is finally eliminated...