• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report First groupings on the New R700

J Walden

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2008
Tucson AZ
So I have the R700 SPS in .308, shooting 147 grains at 100 yards, winds were from 3-0 MPH, less than a quarter value. First group was at the right side of the target, 5 shots. Second group was 5 shots high, then I lowered the elevation. Last group was shot my buddy Gus from Canada, the other sporadic holes were from him when I was teaching him how to shoot.

The bullets were Winchester 147 grain FMJ boat tails, and FGMM GM215-M, powder is Winchester 748 ball. Powder load is 45 grains approximately. Muzzle velocity is around 2650-2700 FPS, figures aren't exact but those are the recipes.

We got there too late to properly get the zeroes at 200, 500, and 700, but thats for Tuesday.
1031091736.jpg

This was a full view of the target, again sporadic shots from Gus and me, my first groups were off cause I didnt zero the scope back haha. I had too much windage to the right.
1031091745.jpg

Whatcha think?

Re: First groupings on the New R700

For a new rifle and all things considered, I think you did fairly well for the first time out.

Re: First groupings on the New R700

Yeah it wasnt a bad day Victor, I had plenty of rest, no caffeine, and sandbags helped keep it rather steady...