• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Precision Rifle, GAP Crusader (pics)

TexIndian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2011
Corsicana, Texas
Yesterday I picked up my first-ever precision rifle, a Crusader from GA Precision in .308. The first thing I realized is that I'll have to hit the weight room if I want to do any offhand shooting with this bad boy. For years I've tried to get the best I could from stock guns with minor mods and handloads, but this should take me up a notch.

I'm still debating about a scope (and licking my wounds in the pocketbook) but this Z6 Swarovski 3-18 x 50 ought to get me through load development.

Can't wait to hit the range to at least give some factory loads a try. After 45 days of drought and 100 degree temps here, it's raining today. Go figure.

137190421.jpg

137190428.jpg

137190426.jpg

137190424.jpg

137190419.jpg

Re: First Precision Rifle, GAP Crusader (pics)

You are going to love that one! Very nice looking stick.

Nice Rifle, but seriously man, rain won't hurt it! Go shoot!

madd0c

I'm jealous, I called Friday to order mine and no answer, left message, no callback
frown.gif
it's been a long weekend so far. But seriously congratulations!

I love that multicam. I have a Non-typical coming this year and it will be dipped in multicam so thanks for the pics.

Congrats. You are going to love the GAP.

Not sure of your scope budget but you might want to get back with George about his group buy on the Bushnell HDMR scopes with the GAP 2 reticle. Would look nice on there and not break the bank too bad.

Great rifle and congrats. I placed my order for a Crusader on 8/2/11 and Ken said it would take 6 to 8 months. I can't wait to hear a full report about how well it shoots. Henry

that multi cam looks awesome!. hey, only one who think that swaro mlooks good on there too?

I received a new Crusader a couple months ago (my first GAP). You won't be disappointed, it practically shoots itself! Although the weight is there (I haven't tried offhand with it yet either), you won't believe how stable the platform is. A really phenomenal weapon. Congrats!

Nice looking rifle! Compliments to the photographer! Nicely done!

Congrats on a beautiful rifle, very nice!!!

OldTex-

Congats! My bride gave me a Crusader last Christmas. I thought I knew what a fine rifle was, but this Crusader has really opened my eyes.

Would also like to commend you on your fine photography skills!

Cheers... Jim

I love the multicam. I'm confident it will shoot as good as it looks.

Looks great. Those are professional quality photos.

Thanks, everyone. I'll be posting some range results within a few days (forecast is back to highs around 105). I used to compete in the shotgun games but never really got into long range rifles until now. I've got a lot to learn from you guys on techniques, etc.

Re: the photos, it's amazing what you can do with some seamless paper and an average set of lights. I used to be into <span style="color: #FF0000">nature photography</span> but not so much anymore. In fact, I sold a couple of my big nature lenses to pay for this new rig.

Nice looking gun, great pics too!

No messing around with the first rig I see!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, everyone. I'll be posting some range results within a few days (forecast is back to highs around 105). I used to compete in the shotgun games but never really got into long range rifles until now. I've got a lot to learn from you guys on techniques, etc.

Re: the photos, it's amazing what you can do with some seamless paper and an average set of lights. I used to be into <span style="color: #FF0000">nature photography</span> but not so much anymore. In fact, I sold a couple of my big nature lenses to pay for this new rig. </div></div>

If you shoot half as good as you snap a shutter, you'll do fine.....your nature pictures are really good!

Your going to love this rifle. Mine does sub 1/4 moa when I do my part. The multicam makes me wana have mine dipped.

I was sitting here comparing the multi-cam on the rifle to the pictures I posted. In real life, the multi-cam is not as vivid, but is more subdued and has a 'flatter' appearance. I guess the camera and image processing gave it more contrast - more difference between the dark and light colors. In other words, it is a better camo in real life than the pictures show.

I was actually wondering about your stock pattern. Did you request that special, or it just came that way? It seems quite different than the pattern on mine, which has large black splotches in addition to the OD green and cream.

Crusader.jpg