• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Precision Rifle

wburke2010

Minuteman
Just got my first precision rifle built
Built on a Howa Action,.284 Winchester,
ER Shaw barrel, rifle basix trigger set at 18 oz, Manners T4a stock, CDI bottom metal, warne 20 moa base, Nightforce Ultralight rings, Vortex Viper PST 6-24 Mil/Mil scope.
Mainly a range gun to bang steel but will also be used to do some whitetail and coyote hunting.

Walter

IMG_4882.jpg

Re: First Precision Rifle

Nice looking rig! With a setup like that, you ought to consider F-class competitions if there are any in your area. I'd bet you'd do very well.

Also wanted to say thanks to Manners for the great help with the stock they happened to have one already built and it was pretty much exactly what I wanted but with a awesome turn around time of less than a week, they were very helpful on the phone with all my questions down to every little detail. Also wanted to say thanks to Triad Tactical where I got the Atlas Bi-pod from with great service and turn around time.
Walter

gstaylorg,
thank you. I have been thinking about doing some competitions but not sure where some are in my area, close to Dallas so there has to be some somewhere, but I never have shot in one or even been to one to watch maybe after I get a load worked up and some, or should I say a lot, of trigger time I'll look into it.
Walter

great looking rifle..you should post some groups when you get the chance..

07zx6r,
thanks, I bought some factory 284 ammo just to break in the barrel and get the feel of the gun so i never bothered to shoot groups with it as it's cheap Winchester ammo. But I am waiting on my Redding die that I ordered off the group buy and then I'm gonna work up some loads for it and see what she does, will post afterwards.
Walter

what height rings are you running and how much clearance do you have between the scope and barrel?

BTW very nice rifle

jamesz71,
Thank you, and they are the med rings, not sure on clearance but the low rings would have not worked, there is maybe a 1/8 but not positive.

BenY 2013,
Thank you lot of hard work to pay it off though

Santee116,
Thanks and I will get one up as soon as I can but this is the slow time of year for my work so I don't make too much money to buy the supplies I need to reload, not to mention I am a full time college student also. But I will be doing some load development here pretty soon I hope.
Walter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sheckie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice set up...... </div></div>

x2

Nice looking rig, what color and paint type is that?

Special Delivery,

The stock is Manners color Sand storm, I tried to have my smith match it as best as he could, I'm not positive what color that was but he used KG coating I believe.
Walter