• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First PRS style rifle

6.5 has around 2400 barrel life, 6br has around 2500 as well. Spotting between 6.5 and 6, it's easier to see the 6 because of the low recoil.

I urge you to go to a match and possibly shoot and ask different calibers. The guys telling you to go 6.5 probably dont compete much and have biases against prs.

If you dont reload, 6.5 is definitely where you wanna go. Great to have options.

6.5 has around 2400 barrel life, 6br has around 2500 as well. Spotting between 6.5 and 6, it's easier to see the 6 because of the low recoil.

I urge you to go to a match and possibly shoot and ask different calibers. The guys telling you to go 6.5 probably dont compete much and have biases against prs.

If you dont reload, 6.5 is definitely where you wanna go. Great to have options.

You should try reading. He is not competing and doesn't plan to. La la land PRS rules with 15 pillows is not real shooting and most people could care less about the game gun shit.

If you actually shot LR you would know spoting hits at range is very hard with pussy fart calibers that don't have enough energy. Recoil difference is irrelevant when you have 2 second+flight time.

You should try reading. He is not competing and doesn't plan to. La la land PRS rules with 15 pillows is not real shooting and most people could care less about the game gun shit.

If you actually shot LR you would know spoting hits at range is very hard with pussy fart calibers that don't have enough energy. Recoil difference is irrelevant when you have 2 second+flight time.

I can tell prs has hurt you, it's ok friend, no one cares that you got last place at a match. Your against competition because you probably get smoked all day, everyday. Does your real LR shooting consist of going to the range and shooting by yourself? Is that what makes it badass?

If the cartridge really is pussyfart stand 1k and let the bullet hit you. The guy said prs style rifle, but I'm sure that was tough for you to read...

Good call, great round IF you roll your own.

With the better 6s (the ones that don’t burn barrels, ha), after trajectory it largely becomes a weighing of recoil reduction vs splash for long range target shooting. Top competitors typically go for the speed advantages of lower recoil; regular joes tend to favor the practical advantages of bigger splash.
I have to know, how much more splash do you think you get out of a .264 pill vs 243. Will .021 extra diameter really makes that much more splash?

Reactions: TurdFerguson
PRS is to Long range shooting what NASCAR is to car racing. A ridiculous set of rules that are so far from practical and expedient field and tactical shooting that the only thing they have in common is they shoot at targets far away. Why not a 1000 bench rest setup? In the early days of PRS it was much better before all these people starting finding ways to bend the rules and spending ungodly money to get a small advantage. If someone could have build a robot to shoot for them, they would have. It needs to go back to practical shooting that sharpens the marksman. Go watch someone use a tripod in a non tripod stage and its just ridiculous. Maybe NASCAR is a bad example, at least they use somewhat the same equipment.

I shoot almost exclusively by myself due to where I live. Drive or hike steael out past 1K and shoot ridge to ridge or into the valley. Don't use 15 pillows , usually shoot off a bipod on top of or bed of truck or in the dirt. Just got a tripod so looking forward to staying clean and upright.

PRS equipment and tactics are usually not relevant for the vast majority of shooters.

.22 is a pussy fart round but no one is lining up to take one to the chest. What kind of retarded logic you got going up in that melon of yours.

I have to know, how much more splash do you think you get out of a .264 pill vs 243. Will .021 extra diameter really makes that much more splash?
Go take a look at chart of energy past 1K. I can't believe anyone would have to explain something so simple, but hey, there is a slow one in every group.

PRS is to Long range shooting what NASCAR is to car racing. A ridiculous set of rules that are so far from practical and expedient field and tactical shooting that the only thing they have in common is they shoot at targets far away. Why not a 1000 bench rest setup? In the early days of PRS it was much better before all these people starting finding ways to bend the rules and spending ungodly money to get a small advantage. If someone could have build a robot to shoot for them, they would have. It needs to go back to practical shooting that sharpens the marksman. Go watch someone use a tripod in a non tripod stage and its just ridiculous. Maybe NASCAR is a bad example, at least they use somewhat the same equipment.

I shoot almost exclusively by myself due to where I live. Drive or hike steael out past 1K and shoot ridge to ridge or into the valley. Don't use 15 pillows , usually shoot off a bipod on top of or bed of truck or in the dirt. Just got a tripod so looking forward to staying clean and upright.

PRS equipment and tactics are usually not relevant for the vast majority of shooters.

.22 is a pussy fart round but no one is lining up to take one to the chest. What kind of retarded logic you got going up in that melon of yours.
I hear alot of jealousy because people are willing to spend money. Just know that it advances the game and you shouldnt get butt hurt. If you shoot by yourself, you'll never know what else is out there.

Your talking with alot of emotion and jealousy, just let the guy get out there and choose for himself. The 260 and 6.5 was considered gamey and pussyfart at one point as well but here you are shooting those pussy calibers.

As far as energy numbers, how much more splash will you see with 6.5 compared to 6. 18 extra dirt particles in the air? C'mon man, shoot them side by side and tell me theres a difference.

Yea jealousy. Have over 100K in guns sitting in my house but I am jealous ROFL.

Nothing wrong with advancements in tech and gear, better knowledge ect, its the people who think these retarded gun games are reflective of field shooting most people do. In the early days it was (with lots of mil and LE going to enhance their shooting skills and learn about better gear) but I don't think were going to see a SFOD or Batt sniper running 15 pillows and a 4 foot long arca rail off the front of his rifle.

Yea jealousy. Have over 100K in guns sitting in my house but I am jealous ROFL.

Nothing wrong with advancements in tech and gear, better knowledge ect, its the people who think these retarded gun games are reflective of field shooting most people do. In the early days it was (with lots of mil and LE going to enhance their shooting skills and learn about better gear) but I don't think were going to see a SFOD or Batt sniper running 15 pillows and a 4 foot long arca rail off the front of his rifle.
So your saying batt snipers shouldnt use tripods🤣. I'm just trying to use your logic. I'll wait for this one.

Competition has been outpacing mil training for decades. I hope you realize this.

And are you shooting to hit the target or make a loud ding at the target. I have never heard of making ding noises on a metal target used as an argument for choosing a round. You guys are hilarious.

So your saying batt snipers shouldnt use tripods🤣. I'm just trying to use your logic. I'll wait for this one. And are you shooting to hit the target or make a loud ding at the target. I have never heard of making ding noises on a metal target used as an argument for choosing a round. You guys are hilarious.
More of that baffling logic. The point escapes you again.

WHERE DID I SAY THEY SHOULDNT USE TRIPODS? Stop putting words in peoples mouth and read and listen before you speak.

Please show me where I said that.

Also, If you can't verify a hit, you don't know what to fix (if there is anything). Enjoy chasing those gremlins. In competition, if your spotters can't see splash or hear it, you don't get the points.

I know its hard for your little brain to understand but anyone with an IQ above 80 , this is readily apparent.

You were against tripods being used for a stage, so naturally your against them being used in "LR" capacity. I hope you can see your hypocricy. If you dont think a soldier would use any advantage for support, you have a something loose and I cant help you.

Here's a vid of the best sniper competition where their using gamechanger bags and front bags on the 55 gallon drum.

If making a ding is a top priority, go 338 lapua. Extra hit verification.🤣 I'll go to my next bullet selection based on ding noise, thank you for your contribution.

Your completely hormonal and emotional, take a breath and come back with reasoning. At competitions, more than half are shooting 6 pills and spotters are observing hits just fine. You saying 15 pillows being used is also very emotional statement, most use 3 at most.

Last edited:
More of that baffling logic. The point escapes you again.

WHERE DID I SAY THEY SHOULDNT USE TRIPODS? Stop putting words in peoples mouth and read and listen before you speak.

Please show me where I said that.

Also, If you can't verify a hit, you don't know what to fix (if there is anything). Enjoy chasing those gremlins. In competition, if your spotters can't see splash or hear it, you don't get the points.

I know its hard for your little brain to understand but anyone with an IQ above 80 , this is readily apparent.
You are the reason that the ignore feature was invented mate..... And thank God, this site has it. Enjoy your Crabs(y)

You were against tripods being used for a stage, so naturally your against them being used in "LR" capacity. I hope you can see your hypocricy. If you dont think a soldier would use any advantage for support, you have a something loose and I cant help you.

Here's a vid of the best sniper competition where their using gamechanger bags and front bags on the 55 gallon drum.

If making a ding is a top priority, go 338 lapua. Extra hit verification.🤣 I'll go to my next bullet selection based on ding noise, thank you for your contribution.

Your completely hormonal and emotional, take a breath and come back with reasoning. At competitions, more than half are shooting 6 pills and spotters are observing hits just fine. You saying 15 pillows being used is also very emotional statement, most use 3 at most.

You are either trolling or an illiterate moron. Once again putting words in peoples mouth because you have the reading comprehension of a pine knot.

ONCE AGAIN TELL ME WHERE I SAID ANYTHING AGAINST USING A TRIPOD? Never once was that said, but your too fucking dumb to read simple statements.

I said PRS has gotten so rediculous that they are not allowing Tripods in some stages. Gamers are using the leggs as a brace/rear rest which is about the dumbest fucking thing when you have an actual tripod. PRS is a game and its about realistic as you having 2 brain cells to rub together.

Done with this idiot, not worth the time.

While the whole tone here is off putting, I gotta admit, I never did like the no tripod on a stage, yet being allowed to use the legs as a stabilizing tool deal. Either use it or don’t would be a better scenario to my way of thinking. But of course I got no skin in this game. I just like to shoot.

Show us where on the bear the prs touched you

Attachments

• images (7).jpeg
    images (7).jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 26

It's funny because at 51 seconds one of the guys is carrying a game changer while doing the casevac. But the troll doesn't think bags have a place in the real world

It's funny because at 51 seconds one of the guys is carrying a game changer while doing the casevac. But the troll doesn't think bags have a place in the real world
tripods don't either bro. all that gamer shit doesn't translate down range duhhh

@CrabsandFootball is too butthurt and too emotional to see that soldiers in the competition will do anything to "game" at war to succeed. He's mad at competitors using legs of tripods for support but wont bat an eye when soldiers use each other as support. Hes sucking on the army tip real hard.

Dont take advice from a guy that isnt willing to test his salt against others. Listen to the guys willing to push the limits, set ego aside, and always seeks improvement.

Reactions: Steel head
Let me know when using a bag hitting a target in afganistan or syria....... more gamer shit

tripods don't either bro. all that gamer shit doesn't translate down range duhhh
Yea look i have a tripod here so let me put on my huge bag on the end of the 4 foot arca rail and use the tripod as a brace instead of the ballhead......

fucking idiot cant read either

Let me know when using a bag hitting a target in afganistan or syria....... more gamer shit
Are you even in the miltiary? You understand red dots, 6.5 creedmoor, slick AR rails and variable optics started as "gamer shits". But here you are, using 6.5, and bending over and using all the gamer gear. Your jealous because your afraid how you would stack against competitors. I urge you to drop your ego and try to compete with your all knowing awesomeness.

Last edited:
Are you even in the miltiary?
Probably not because if he was he’d have seen SF types cobbling together setups like what’s popular in PRS since the first gulf war.

I’ve seen the pics one of my best friend has shown me of the mickey mouse tripod set ups and field made shooting bags on his deployments.
He sees the equipment popular now and bitches at how he wished he had that equipment when he was in.

They have been doing it for years. Game changers are standard issue in our sniper cells in Australia and for years before that they were making their own bags.
Maybe back in your day when snipers had open sights they didn't use bags

Big difference between a sand sock and 15 pillows hanging off every inch of the body.
Put your ego aside, He states he's in an Australian sniper unit where they're using bags. The video I showed with sniper competition used bags. What's your military experience, Call of duty 4? Can you put your menstrual cycle aside and show where guys are using 15 bags? You're very emotional.

Who the hell uses 15 bags? Most matches I've been in everyone uses minimal gear, usually just a positional bag (ie gamechanger)...

fVw58iP-49.gif

This thread is hitting the lottery.

Op, your set up for your rifle sounds fine. Tikka makes good stuff. I'd go 6.5 mainly because I can find components easily locally. Nothing wrong with either caliber.

It’s not the ~10% more diameter, it’s the ~40% more mass. I’m no expert, I’ve only shot 6.5s and 6s in the same outing past 400yds like three times before. But it was still realllllly obvious how much easier it was to spot hits and place misses with the bigger bullets.

There are reasons most competitors have moved to the sixes and most amateurs are using 6.5s — I’m an amateur and so is the OP, so the advice holds.

It’s not the ~10% more diameter, it’s the ~40% more mass. I’m no expert, I’ve only shot 6.5s and 6s in the same outing past 400yds like three times before. But it was still realllllly obvious how much easier it was to spot hits and place misses with the bigger bullets.

There are reasons most competitors have moved to the sixes and most amateurs are using 6.5s — I’m an amateur and so is the OP, so the advice holds.
So if an amateur is doing something, the amateur should follow the amateur instead of the pro? I think both calibers are great options but some lunacy has been said here.

So if an amateur is doing something, the amateur should follow the amateur instead of the pro? I think both calibers are great options but some lunacy has been said here.

There’s no “lunacy” in what I said man, c’mon.

And to your question yes, often times pro/competition stuff geared towards a very specific game/circumstance doesn’t work best for beginners. If you ask me for a daily driver recommendation or a first car for your 16yo kid I’m not gonna say get a Cup Series car. Not gonna recommend a liter bike for a first time rider either.

The 6.5s are a very good choice for a first prs style rifle WHICH IS THE TITLE OF THE THREAD :rolleyes:

There’s no “lunacy” in what I said man, c’mon.

And to your question yes, often times pro/competition stuff geared towards a very specific game/circumstance doesn’t work best for beginners. If you ask me for a daily driver recommendation or a first car for your 16yo kid I’m not gonna say get a Cup Series car. Not gonna recommend a liter bike for a first time rider either.

The 6.5s are a very good choice for a first prs style rifle WHICH IS THE TITLE OF THE THREAD :rolleyes:
Lunacy said my some, I'm not sure what you stated. C'mon bruh.

And if someone reloads, go 6. There's no cons and you yourself stated your an amateur. Why date an amateur when you can date a professional.

Either caliber is fine, he has to choose based on his needs.