• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Range Trip, New Custom 300WM

MTAR15

Twist'n Grips & Pack'n Dips
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 20, 2009
    Montana
    OK, many of you have seen my post on the build of my new 300WM by Tim Cronin (http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...arts-delivered-tim-cronin-updated-9-23-a.html).

Today I had the chance to visit the range with Tim to shoot it. It was a cloudy day that ended up raining on us and cutting the outing short. Also one of those days where no-one seems to need to work, with several guys showing up separately and all needing to hand targets or retrieving targets. You know what I'm talking about.

Either way, it was better than working and it gave me a chance to see how my new rifle shoots.

Here is a picture of my new rifle sitting in the weeds.
    IMG_20140926_115935_809_zps6hswkgf0.jpg

I brought two types of ammo, HSM 190gr SMK Match and some honest to goodness MK 248 Mod 1 220gr. Both fine ammos, but not extremely high end. Although certainly good enough to get a feel for the potential of this rifle.

Target with both groups:
    Flink300target_zpsac865f89.jpg

Group with the HSM 190gr SMK Match shot through my YHM Phantom QD Suppressor:
    IMG_20140926_122042_554_zps44dqcyca.jpg

Group with the MK 248 Mod 1 220gr, no suppressor:
    IMG_20140926_122218_304_zpsuvqvfet2.jpg

I'm extremely pleased with the results given the conditions and ammo I brought, I see lot's of potential and can say that this beautiful rifle is a hammer. I can't wait to get more time so I can develop a load worthy of this rifle.

Great looking rifle and it hammers. I'm having a .300 built by SAC right now, can't wait to get mine in.

That's the 3-18 Leupold? Which model? How do you like it this far?

That's the 3-18 Leupold? Which model? How do you like it this far?

It's a 6-24 MK4 FFP 34mm tube. Had it sitting around, I'll likely replace it in the future with a S&B.

Oh, OK. I thought it look compact in the pic, but I guess the flip cap was in the way. Since that old thing was just laying around in your way, you can send it to me to make room for bigger and better things. I'll even pay postage!
    (Nice set-up and shooting)

The icing on the cake was Tim's lead-time, he turned this around in 2 months. 3 weeks of that was waiting for Kampfeld to get his shop back online after his move to Idaho so he could flute the barrel. Once Kampfeld re-opened he turned the barrel around in 1 week.