• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos First Stone Sheep!

Beale338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2009
B.C. Canada
Went on my first stone sheep hunt and got myself a wall hanger.
6:30am opening morning, 350yd shot.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    767.5 KB · Views: 15
More details please. Where was this beautiful beast taken?

The scenery looks amazing.
This was taken in northern BC Canada between Fort St John and Fort Nelson. It was a fly in hunt that the father-inlaw took me on. We spent the first night on the air strip by the plane and hiked the next day to the top of the mountain. We rested and spent that night at the top of the mountain so we could get a early start on the hunt opening morning. The next morning we spotted the ram about 1km away from our camp and where able to close the distance to 350yd before taking the shot.

Holy moly! That is a GREAT ram! Congrats on a sheep of a lifetime.
How old is he 10?

That is one beautiful sheep you should very happy with that trip. And some awesome looking country to have taken him in.

You must have married a good woman to have your FIL take you on the hunt of a lifetime!
The FIL has his own planes that he flys me in with. We just got back from a Elk hunt last week, didn't have the luck like I did on the sheep hunt. Part of the reason I'm married to his daughter ;)

Very nice sheep. It has been a long time since I've been on a sheep hunt - 30 year - but I remember it like yesterday. Nothing like fresh rocky mountain oysters!

Damn that's a specimen. Congrats on what sounds like a great hunt and hopefully some good family time with the FIL