• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First STR Action Rifle Build

STR

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2010
Miami Florida
Just some pics of the first rifle build on the STR action. Thanks for looking.
DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0311-1.jpg

DSC_0321-1.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

Re: First STR Action Rifle Build

That looks very good... Is Stiller making them for you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks very good... Is Stiller making them for you? </div></div>

I believe it is Defiance machining.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wdebo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks very good... Is Stiller making them for you? </div></div>

I believe it is Defiance machining. </div></div>
Yeah, dont think that ones a defiance....

My mistake. I can't recall for sure what Ozzie told me on the phone. It was either Defiance or Stiller but I can't remember.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like Stiller to me. </div></div>
Me too

Correct guys, Stiller is making these actions for me. The only difference is that the action is round like a Remington instead of having a flat spot on the opposite side of the ejection port. Defiance is also a great action, but I have been doing business with Stiller, and they have made the improvements that I wanted to see in their TAC line with the bolt handle, and the extractor. Not to mention the excellent customer service I get from them, as I'm sure most of you already know. Thank you very much for the kind words, I do appreciate it.

Ozzie -

That's a fine rifle, you do some impressive work.

Best,
Josh

Thanks again guys. I shot video of this build to show how I built it and others. It will be on youtube, but it will take a couple of weeks to post. I will post the link when it's up. It is my first video, so excuse me when I seem to be at a lost for words. It was difficult to concentrate when you know a camera is being pointed at you, so you might pick up on a few oops.

Unfortunately I will not be selling the actions by them selves. They will be used on custom rifles built by STR only. Sorry guys.

Ozzie your killing me man! I might have to get a 3rd Rifle from you now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they have made the improvements that I wanted to see in their TAC line with the bolt handle, and the extractor. Not to mention the excellent customer service I get from them, as I'm sure most of you already know. Thank you very much for the kind words, I do appreciate it. </div></div>

what kind of changes ??

Ozzie, good looking action. I think it was a good call on the completely round action. I think that looks nice. So when are you going to post pictures of your BR Rifle your building???

Mark

Thanks Mark. My BR had to take a temporary back seat, due to customer work load. I'm close to finishing, and I'll post some pics when done, but it won't be until Feb or so now. See you at Shot Show.

Great looking rifle! Great action too!

Ozzie, that's a gorgeous rifle! I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more about it. I'll be in touch via PM, hopefully we can meet up at SHOT for a bit.

Cheers.

STR,

That's a beautiful rifle. I also like the round action versus the flat; looking forward to watching the build video.

Does your action also feed from AW mags?

What color cerakote is that?

TIA

Sorry JJone75, I missed your questions. The extractor went from the old Sako type to the M16 style. The M16 has better purchase on the spent brass during extraction. The bolt handle is a one piece handle instead of the old handle which was silver soldered on the bolt body.