• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report First Time EVER !

cali92rs

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, Ca
Hey guys,
Just got back from my first time ever shooting my new rifle (or any rifle to be exact) with my new scope (also the first time EVER using a scope). I know, I got a late start in life (Im 27) but growing up i was never exposed to firearms of any kind.

Anyway, the first photo shows my target as I am sighting in (All shooting was done at 100 yds). The very first shot I ever took was the lone shot in the bottom right quadrant. I used a Leupold Zero point, and i must say, for a complete novice, it got me on paper at 100 yds, so it did its job. You can see the iterations I took, but i was in the bullseye after my 3rd shot.
The Second photo is my 2nd grouping, and my third photo was my last.

This was all done using a Remington 700P, .308, fitted with a Leupold Mark IV, a Harris Bipod, and an Edgewood MiniGator rear bag. The ammo was Hornady 168gr A-Max match.

I think i did pretty darn good for my first time ever, but what do you guys think?
Sorry for the long winded write up, but I'm pretty stoked

Re: First Time EVER !

Congrats on joining the club! Welcome aboard, and be sure to bring your non-shooting friends to the range to see how much fun they're missing. (Insist they put earplugs in BEFORE they get out of the car...)

Pictures aren't showing up in your post. I pasted the links in another browser and saw them that way. How many shots in each group? Looks like ten plus!!

May I suggest that you flip your target over, and then stick the 1" orange dots or something on the plain side. Five or six of them spread out, and then you have several aiming points on the same target. Shoot five-round groups at each, to get an idea of your consistency. (Three round "groups" are for pussies, ha ha...)

Cheers from the left coast, from one of your many brothers-in-arms, who was also at the range today. It was so crowded (in Livermore, CA) that shooters were waiting for benches to free up.
smile.gif

Your pics don't show because of the /????

You have to right click on the photo, then highlight and hit Control-C
Then you have to remove the ?v=0 from the url so it ends in ".jpg" - they are doing that to keep many people from posting pics elsewhere I guess.

PS - looks great for first time out, hell it looks great!!

3298128365_06311f4e5e.jpg

3298128581_a1d5e88d24.jpg

3298128719_3cda3d4f24.jpg

Oh and congrats, and great shooting. It just gets more and more expensive from here on out. This damn place will cause you to spend more than you can imagine. LOL, Seriously!!!

Mike

Welcome to the fraternity of the eternally broke! You are now addicted and there is no 12 step program.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to the fraternity of the eternally broke! You are now addicted and there is no 12 step program. </div></div>

HA HA HA true that.... as I just get home from buying another thing I dont need,... but I want... lol (HK45) lol

good luck man, enjoy, and yeah its a addiction, obsession, and a way to watch large sums of money disappear real quick!!!

oh and great groups for your first time!!!

Yea, I know about money pit hobbies...i used to be a hotrodder
wink.gif

Why cant I pick up cheap hobbies? Oh yea, because they are boring
smile.gif

Hell, I'm into all types of firearms, guitars, and cameras. Does it get much worse than that? I guess at least I'm not addicted to drugs and have something to show for my money.