• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes First US Optics scope

Ritten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2007
Houma, Louisiana
After a looooong three and a half months of waiting my US Optics SN-3 was finally delivered today. A few guys here in the office say they heard angelic singing and the sun peered out from the clouds when I opened the box. Now, I don't know about all of that, but I am expecting a phone call from the late Charlton Heston wishing me the best with it.

PIC-0044.jpg

PIC-0045.jpg

The scope is one of the last components of my GAP .308 build that I've been shooting F-TR class with. Although I won't have time to mount and zero it before the championship this weekend I look forward to seeing the difference between this and my current Leupold Mark 4.

I'm am entirely impressed with the quality and finish of this scope. Everyone said they're worth the wait. I'm sure the field tests won't disappoint since it already appears to blow away anything else I own just looking out the window.

Re: First US Optics scope

Very nice -congrats...............I heard angels singing when I opened this thread. I can't imagine how it was opening the box.

Sweeet scope,

jealous, mee no but I really would like one for my self to,

USO are unknown ower here and I like the exotic feel of that.

Now go and shoot that comp.

/Chris

Please have the common dignity to refrain from posting pictures of USO scopes until I receive mine.
frown.gif

HEY...you got my scope!!

Seriously, that is almost the exact build I ordered with the exception of green illumination and left hand windage (i ordered red). I just spoke with USO yesterday and I am still at least eight weeks out on mine.

Enjoy it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HEY...you got my scope!!

Seriously, that is almost the exact build I ordered with the exception of green illumination and left hand windage (i ordered red). I just spoke with USO yesterday and I am still at least eight weeks out on mine.

Enjoy it!
</div></div>

I ordered an SN-3 on Feb. 4 and am hoping to get a call any day now. I was quoted 3 months.

LoneWolfUSMC, when did you order yours?

Hey Marine,

You said were gonna call USO Monday for an estimated ship date. Any luck? I called today and ordered an ARD and shade. USO is shipping them tomorrow morning.

As you know, mine arrived last week and I zeroed Sunday. Will be sending some pills to the pits again Saturday. USO is worth the wait (and you are so close to having yours.) Can't wait to see your post when you get it!

Y'all who have them on order, it is very much worth the wait. There is NO BETTER GLASS! Not to make you anxious or anything, but here is another pic.
T-PAL004a.jpg

Semper Fi!

My first USO was red.
In the "very" few cases I actually used the illumination, I found the green easier on my eyes than the red, so my last USO was ordered with green.
I don't intend to use any sort of NV, so it was not a consideration.

Ritten,

You are right about great customer service at USO. You gotta like dealing with them. I can only imagine how embarrassed they are for messing up your order. You should expect no less than how they will handle it. It is also great knowing that your scope is custom built for you. Let's see some pics when you get'er mounted and let us know how you feel after shooting with it. Same goes to LoneWolfUSMC. MAKE'EM COUNT!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxgusmc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can only imagine how embarrassed they are for messing up your order.</div></div>

You must be thinking of AJBello. He has a post about getting the wrong reticle. My scope was delivered exactly as it was ordered. After the match this weekend I'll mount the scope on my GAP and put up some pics. It will all be Krylon'd not long after as well.

M.45 - I went with green for the same reason that Rafael stated. My Mark 4 is red and I find the green to be just a bit easier to focus on. It's really just preference after all of the discussion is said and done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey ted, which rings did u decide to sit this beast in? </div></div>

I use Badger Ordinance rings and base on my GAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxgusmc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Marine,

You said were gonna call USO Monday for an estimated ship date. Any luck? </div></div>

Yup, approximately eight weeks out.

I finally got the scope mounted this evening. It will soon have the same paint job as my "700P" .30-06. Just wanted to take a few pictures before breaking out the krylon. I'll be out at Southern Shooting Center next weekend getting both rifles zero'd back in.

IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

Thats a beautiful scope dude,im jealous as hell,ill order my first USO soon,thought ill have one excactly as yours,with a mil-dot though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim1071</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I orderd mine in December of 2008 and still have not recieved my SN3. </div></div>
Same here
frown.gif
I do understand that they did have to wait for my Horus reticle. Hopefully I'll have it soon, my 5R is lonely.

BTW great looking scope, I can't wait to hear the angels singing from above.

Medium. With my Mark 4 the medium BO rings BARELY allowed enough room to put a scope cover. The USO has a bit slimmer profile, but I wanted to keep the same centerline that I'm used to shooting through.

Nice scope but the best part is on the bottom right of the page where it says 0.00 for the balance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of a gap do u have between the objective and the barrel? </div></div>

I would say half a red c_nt hair, but that's subject to personal experience.

New owner as of yesterday. Same specs as your with exception of 3.8-22x. Beautiful scope and rifles!

I showed it to a couple of coworkers who handed it right back to me when they found out the price...
smile.gif
Funny to see them holding the USO gingerly in their hands afraid to break it.