• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fix It Sticks, do yours click loud?

ipsullivan

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2010
SC
Recently bought a Fix It Sticks tool kit with individual torque limiters, plus a 140 in-lb unit. These were purchased directly from the manufacturer.

There is barely any audible click from them when reaching the torque limit. They do spin, so they appear to be working properly. All their advertising, including a YouTube video demonstrates a very audible click.

I just attempted to contact them again, with no response the first time.

Anyone out there with a similar experience?

That’s unfortunate. Thanks for the feedback. W’ell see what they say if I get A response.

None of my limiters click. They just free spin once they hit proper torque. Does a click matter if they work properly and as designed?

I suppose it doesn’t matter, as long as the right torque is being achieved. Regardless of core functionality, my frustration is in the advertising vs. actual product.

As per their advertising:

Only the 55 and under click. The "small" limiters. Anything 65 and over "large" limiters do not click. All the limiters we have on hand or sold exhibit this.

If you have small limiters that do not click, I'm sure they will take care of you.