• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fix the Message

I can't write a decent letter but would more than willing to spread whatever letter you guys create all over social media.

I know quite a few pilots. Can we do a leaflet drop? Or would you frown upon that?
A2F1988E-80BF-4464-AF55-46F1D06689ED.gif

This should take care of Burbank.

Already way behind the curve with the education system being used for years to scare and brainwash our children. Those becoming new voters have been brainwashed for years. Combine that with vast majorities that won't vote and only complain about the outcome dooms us. I'm behind the idea of fighting back.

Frank are you going to publicly post this letter so we can take it and issue to our local officials? WA state is not gun friendly but I am willing to do my part.

1st Draft
Gun control is a unconstitutional movement against the American people. It's a problem many gun owners face in today's society. It's being pushed with the use of false facts and by fear of mass shootings.

Most people who push for gun control are ill informed about the facts. Such as Chicago having almost complete gun control but one of the highest crime rates in the US. With the right information and teaching we can keep guns in America without fear of losing them.

Many people push for gun control just out of fear. With the constant fear of mass shootings and school shooters people believe that guns are the problem without taking into account the person behind the gun. It creates a movement thrived through fear with a rejection of facts.

Many of the people who push for gun control are younger who thrive for change, but do not fully understand the real problem. They are also heavily influenced by their parents. They are exposed to a more liberal life and fall more left on the political side without a reason why. The lifestyle a parent presents is who they will more than likely become as an adult.

We should push the younger generations for a world that's criminal free and a focus towards protection.

With gun control all of the good law abiding citizens will not have access to a firearm when hardened criminals can still have access through the black market and illegal trade.

With the proper training and teaching we could prevent a criminal lifestyle as well as proper gun training.

With a goal to propel the removal of guns from liberals and the American way of life being threatened we may be able to change it all by just informing the youth. Guns can not hurt you without someone behind the trigger, so a push for gun control won't fix anything when a mentally insane person has an intent to kill.

It's important to have pro gun representatives right now more than ever, so do your research now and make the right choice.

Sincerely,

Hosted on an account with just links from here I sugjest.

I’m glad we’re seeing that gun forums avoiding politic discussion, doesn’t mean the political discussions against us aren’t going to continue. I work in my area. I start with my sheriff, mayor, things like that. A few in here know, I push my congressman to see things my way. He is one of US. His voting shows it. In person he doesn’t seem like much, but, if everyone one of us wrote our reps; made our views known, make them hear us, even if they don’t listen. I see mine at least once a year and I always remind him that WE are watching and that I agree with the way he is voting and want him to continue doing the same.

Here is the most recent response I got from him. I’m just a dirty carnie every time he sees me. We speak in a civil manner and I just tell him my beliefs. He is one of few that listen
3BA1A733-78D5-471A-B96A-9D095E721355.jpeg

okay, ate, took a shower, had an idear....

We need to craft, a letter to the editor we can ALL submit locally as well as nationally. Basically just flood all media with a group letter from Law Abiding Gun Owners,

We group draft a letter that will change the narrative, to any degree is better than what I heard today.

We hit the high points, appeal to their emotions with ours, we are your neighbors, friends, doctors, lawyers, airline pilots, Moms, Dads, etc.

I say we have a draft by Tuesday

That's a pretty good idea. Maybe one paragraph per legitimate type of firearm use?

I've got some pretty joyous stories about hunting with my dad we could use for that aspect. I know more than a few folks here have had to use their arms for self defense, others do the competition thing... It could be a combined story about a full life of firearm ownership.

Reactions: TACC
They don't care because in the end it's not about guns that's just one of the talking points now. It's about control and submission. They want you, me and anyone who thinks like us, who resists any of their messages...gone.

You can't reason with someone who wants you and your way if life removed from the face of the Earth.

This country gets what it gets...is it boogaloo time yet?

Damn I do like @Spblademaker idea of a drop.
That would make a clasic statement and get on the news asap.
Should be protected by first amendment.

Half a dozen big cities should do it! Go national news first drop.

I would avoid a hide sponsored letter.

We don't need leftist assholes here as there are enough rightwing ass hole like me allready
To sqable umungst like minded folk.

Imho It should be disconnected but agree a good idea.

Edit: A trash personal account some place?

I already started on, see thread "To whom in may concern". Doesnt have to mention the Hide.

We need to craft, a letter to the editor we can ALL submit locally as well as nationally. Basically just flood all media with a group letter from Law Abiding Gun Owners,

We group draft a letter that will change the narrative, to any degree is better than what I heard today.

We hit the high points, appeal to their emotions with ours, we are your neighbors, friends, doctors, lawyers, airline pilots, Moms, Dads, etc.

Great idea!
Hearts and minds. Positive messaging. Whodathunkit?

ggwg1.jpg

ggwg2.jpg

"Ms. Marber, Your project was the second such one that my shooting friends and I have closed out in under 24 hours. We are not here to preach. We only hope to represent responsible gun owners and the shooting community in positive ways, instead of allowing the media to cast us all in the same stereotypical negative light. We are teachers, lawyers, IT professionals, policeman, firemen, airline pilots, military, plumbers, electricians and more who all share the common interests of the shooting sports and the preservation of our great nation. It has been our pleasure to assist with your project and to help provide the tools needed to help these beautiful children. God bless you and have a great year!! Good Guys With Guns"

Then we helped the first one win a national contest and she used her $5000 gift card to help others.

Or more recently....

Oh, and here's one I was waiting to pitch to the boys. It's just a couple of hundred, but it's stalled out and could use a boost.

And Donorschoose lets you filter by city. Cities like El Paso, Dayton...
Who knows? Perhaps if we hit the right place and time and with a unified message, maybe the media would want to talk to the man who runs this Snipershide they keep talking about.

Goodnight. I've got a lot to get done tomorrow.
Let me know if I can help in any way. I hear there are others like me here.

Tossed off the back of a hi speed bike.
Moto drop?

You're spot on about a concerted, irrational and emotional based assault on our Rights and the fact it's now personal with them, you're right about the need for sending a message, although I'm not too sure hiding 'em is the best way to go about it.

I probably went into Walmart the day of or day after a shooting open carrying. Hell, downtown Seattle for that matter, Pike Market. I don't get propaganda anymore so local news halfway across the country that doesn't affect me --doesn't affect me. I have no duty to make the public feel comfortable either. This was what essentially came out of the Starbucks incident several years back, which happened just a few miles away in fact, and resulted in a department wide memo reminding all deputies that yes, we still have the Right to carry firearms in public.

When I open carry it's usually for one reason or another, always in a retention holster; not necessarily to send a message but it always comes with sending one and I need to be aware of that. In my case, I just wanna say "just because you don't always see a private firearm worn in public doesn't mean I don't have the Right to do so".

I also take this with great additional responsibility --while you have the same Rights as an unarmed person to do so, it's just not a good idea to be confrontational while armed in public. Non-threatening sends a better message in public and makes us all look better since one of us apparently represents all of us. Escalation is always a possibility, open or concealed, and there is a perceived difference in threat between an argumentative person openly armed (unfortunately today) vs. one who isn't, so again I find it best to be "boring" if not affable.

As such, I've yet to have a problem. Wear it like you own it and don't be a threat in public.

I'd end by saying that concealing them isn't the message we need to send anymore, we've been too private and we're still colored in with criminal mass shooters time and again. No, I'd go the other way and I'd say we need a "Million Rifle March" at this point. Because voting and letters to my representative is a message that just ain't working.

Been saying that for years!

Great idea!
Hearts and minds. Positive messaging. Whodathunkit?

View attachment 7147162

View attachment 7147163

"Ms. Marber, Your project was the second such one that my shooting friends and I have closed out in under 24 hours. We are not here to preach. We only hope to represent responsible gun owners and the shooting community in positive ways, instead of allowing the media to cast us all in the same stereotypical negative light. We are teachers, lawyers, IT professionals, policeman, firemen, airline pilots, military, plumbers, electricians and more who all share the common interests of the shooting sports and the preservation of our great nation. It has been our pleasure to assist with your project and to help provide the tools needed to help these beautiful children. God bless you and have a great year!! Good Guys With Guns"

Then we helped the first one win a national contest and she used her $5000 gift card to help others.

Or more recently....

Oh, and here's one I was waiting to pitch to the boys. It's just a couple of hundred, but it's stalled out and could use a boost.

And Donorschoose lets you filter by city. Cities like El Paso, Dayton...
Who knows? Perhaps if we hit the right and with a unified message, maybe the media would want to talk to the man who runs this Snipershide they keep talking about.

Goodnight. I've got a lot to get done tomorrow.
Let me know if I can help in any way. I hear there are others like me here.

Boom! There it is. Several examples to write a letter from. I have some ideas, I just don’t know when/if I’m going to have time but I guess I’m going to have to make some! Keeping it short will be my biggest hurdle.

Reactions: Spblademaker
You know, I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately and my current opinion is that our quality of life currently is just too good in general for most people to take their personal safety that seriously or consider safety an individual responsibility. In my opinion, people have to internalize and take personal responsibility for their own safety before they can truly support the second amendment in full. As long as people perceive safety as something they are not personally responsible for, then firearms are not “needed” and their legitimate uses end at sporting and hunting purposes. When safety is something that the individual is not personally responsible for, the firearm does not serve a legitimate defensive use but can in some circumstances increase the lethality of those that would seek to perpetrate unprovoked violence against others. Therefore, those that view safety as something the individual should not be responsible for, believe that banning firearms would lead to a better society.

However, we know that no matter how well intentioned or well planned a society is, safety can never truly be completely removed from being an individual responsibility. We all hate those that perpetrate violence against innocent people but we know that human nature and reality is such that there will always be people willing to take advantage of power differentials to exploit a power advantage over others even if that power advantage is physical violence. This is where firearms become a societal good and an equalizer as far as power differentials. Firearms provide a means for some individuals who would not be able to defends themselves easily with the ability to do so against perpetrators of violence who may be much more aggressive and physically much stronger. During a previous time in this great nation when safety was considered an individual responsibility, firearms were know as an equalizer because they allow a 65 year old feeble grandmother to have an equal amount of available force as a 20 year old criminal male who is an exceptional athlete. History as well as current statistics bear this out as well in that there are many many more instances of firearms being used defensively to save innocent lives than instances of firearms being used offensively to take lives.

In addition to individual safety, firearms can greatly improve our collective safety. The quote “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass” comes to mind as does the fact that almost all genocide perpetrated by governments in history has been been preceded by an attempt by those governments to restrict its citizens rights to self defense and weapon ownership.

Reactions: mduffell
I typically let my representatives know that my grandfather was born in Greece, the birthplace of democracy. Post WWII there was a civil war and an attempted communist takeover. While my grandfather was away from home shooting mortars at communist some of them went to his house and killed my great grandfather, great uncle, and great grandmother who were unarmed. Eventually my grandfather legally immigrated to the USA and taught me there are legitimate reasons to remain armed and vigilant.

Is nobody talking to their congressmen? Idiocy like this doesn't get out of committee if they know their job is on the line. A concerted effort in writing to those numbskulls on the hill may be more effective. Even the worthless Democraps in office have to listen when enough of their Republican (or other ) constituents start ringing their phones, and filling their mailboxes.
Letters should be filled with facts (even though they don't like them), and be coherent. NO threats.

Ah, facebook is great.

Local town group and someone brought up the topic of all the violent crimes that have taken place in our city lately. Lots of comments about being armed and vigilant. I took the opportunity to offer a free range trip for anyone considering purchasing a firearm for self defense and obtaining a carry permit.

You're spot on about a concerted, irrational and emotional based assault on our Rights and the fact it's now personal with them, you're right about the need for sending a message, although I'm not too sure hiding 'em is the best way to go about it.

I probably went into Walmart the day of or day after a shooting open carrying. Hell, downtown Seattle for that matter, Pike Market. I don't get propaganda anymore so local news halfway across the country that doesn't affect me --doesn't affect me. I have no duty to make the public feel comfortable either. This was what essentially came out of the Starbucks incident several years back, which happened just a few miles away in fact, and resulted in a department wide memo reminding all deputies that yes, we still have the Right to carry firearms in public.

When I open carry it's usually for one reason or another, always in a retention holster; not necessarily to send a message but it always comes with sending one and I need to be aware of that. In my case, I just wanna say "just because you don't always see a private firearm worn in public doesn't mean I don't have the Right to do so".

I also take this with great additional responsibility --while you have the same Rights as an unarmed person to do so, it's just not a good idea to be confrontational while armed in public. Non-threatening sends a better message in public and makes us all look better since one of us apparently represents all of us. Escalation is always a possibility, open or concealed, and there is a perceived difference in threat between an argumentative person openly armed (unfortunately today) vs. one who isn't, so again I find it best to be "boring" if not affable.

As such, I've yet to have a problem. Wear it like you own it and don't be a threat in public.

I'd end by saying that concealing them isn't the message we need to send anymore, we've been too private and we're still colored in with criminal mass shooters time and again. No, I'd go the other way and I'd say we need a "Million Rifle March" at this point. Because voting and letters to my representative is a message that just ain't working.

Cool you’re legally allowed to open carry...why the fuck would you? Open carrying has to be the worst thing you could do, not just because of the current political landscape, but because you are doing nothing but Skylining yourself and becoming a primary target.

Also, you know why letters to your representatives don’t work? Because they are logged into the system and ignored. Form letters and random letters regarding anything aren’t worth the trash they end up next to in the landfill. Showing up to town halls and waiting your turn in line to speak respectfully and calmly is what carries the most weight. The problem is that people let their emotions take over and end up yelling at the Reps.

Reactions: Bender
Is nobody talking to their congressmen? Idiocy like this doesn't get out of committee if they know their job is on the line. A concerted effort in writing to those numbskulls on the hill may be more effective. Even the worthless Democraps in office have to listen when enough of their Republican (or other ) constituents start ringing their phones, and filling their mailboxes.
Letters should be filled with facts (even though they don't like them), and be coherent. NO threats.

The problem is that letters and emails are filed and then ignored, because they don’t influence the officials into action. And you might as well save the stamp if it’s a form letter because they don’t carry ANY weight. The only thing that the Reps care about during district/DC weekly meetings is what are the walk ins and town hall speakers concerned about.

The problem with walk ins and town hall speakers is that when it’s a topic like this where emotions take over once the adrenaline floods in at the mic/conference room. That’s where our fellow fucktards are fucking us. By shouting this “cold dead hands/come and take em/ill be waiting” bullshit.

Been there, worked town halls/phones/cases, seen it first hand. I’ve watched people line up and yell about “X” during their 2-min mic time with zero action or thought given to the matter but then someone comes up and respectfully voices their concerns about the same “X” and asks to discuss the matter further in a meeting. Guess who got face time with the Rep the following week...every.single.time. Shit I’ve also answered enough constituent calls to tell you that mass calls/scripts don’t work either. Every time they got done reading from the script, a simple question or two would reveal zero depth or even any actual knowledge of the opinion the “deeply care” about. Or if they did, they couldn’t put it into words without cursing, yelling, or threatening, which got them flagged in the system and, if it happened enough or crosses a line, blocked and reported to USCP.

Be professional, educated, and concise with your elevator pitch if you want your concerns to linger between the left and right lateral limits of the brain housing group.

Ditch the open letters/firm letters/mass emails/calls, get off of your asses, put on respectable attire, and be active with your officials during their events. That’s how you get them to listen.

Cool, calm, collective wins. Not posting threats or smart ass “oh I’m not threatening I’m just saying hypothetically” bullshit online or anywhere for that matter. Also yelling “shall not be infringed/no step on snek” doesn’t fucking help.

Just a #ProTip from someone who’s been on the other side, seen how fucked up it actually is, and knows what carries the most weight in the decision making process.

Last edited:
The problem is that letters and emails are filed and then ignored, because they don’t influence the officials into action. And you might as well save the stamp if it’s a form letter because they don’t carry ANY weight. The only thing that the Reps care about during district/DC weekly meetings is what are the walk ins and town hall speakers concerned about.

The problem with walk ins and town hall speakers is that when it’s a topic like this where emotions take over once the adrenaline floods in at the mic/conference room. That’s where our fellow fucktards are fucking us. By shouting this “cold dead hands/come and take em/ill be waiting” bullshit.

Been there, worked town halls/phones/cases, seen it first hand. I’ve watched people line up and yell about “X” during their 2-min mic time with zero action or thought given to the matter but then someone comes up and respectfully voices their concerns about the same “X” and asks to discuss the matter further in a meeting. Guess who got face time with the Rep the following week...every.single.time. Shit I’ve also answered enough constituent calls to tell you that mass calls/scripts don’t work either. Every time they got done reading from the script, a simple question or two would reveal zero depth or even any actual knowledge of the opinion the “deeply care” about. Or if they did, they couldn’t put it into words without cursing, yelling, or threatening, which got them flagged in the system and, if it happened enough or crosses a line, blocked and reported to USCP.

Be professional, educated, and concise with your elevator pitch if you want your concerns to linger between the left and right lateral limits of the brain housing group.

Ditch the open letters/firm letters/mass emails/calls, get off of your asses, put on respectable attire, and be active with your officials during their events. That’s how you get them to listen.

Cool, calm, collective wins. Not posting threats or smart ass “oh I’m not threatening I’m just saying hypothetically” bullshit online or anywhere for that matter. Also yelling “shall not be infringed/no step on snek” doesn’t fucking help.

Just a #ProTip from someone who’s been on the other side, seen how fucked up it actually is, and knows what carries the most weight in the decision making process.

You running for President?

Serious question to ponder, “what if all of the above doesn’t work?” What’s your suggestion? I agree that the majority of what people talk about doing simply doesn’t work. Being in their face, speaking intelligently and calmly with facts does go much farther, so does making an actual difference in people’s lives like the good guys with guns movement that Tuck started. However, you know what else works? Power, political influence, those that can throw around copious amounts of money. How do you fix a system that is already what many would call beyond broken?

Last edited:
A few things about human emotions...
People connect things to imagery, sights, smells, sounds. It helps us be taken back to a memory that can be tied to a positive message.
People will get defensive and trench themselves in further if they feel their ideas, or feelings are being attacked. As such, telling someone they are wrong puts up a wall, however making them see something as their idea, or putting them in a situation mentally where they'd have to make a choice with a natural pre determined outcome on your side softens their acceptance toward what you say.
I don't remember who it was that interviewed ol Bernie recently when he said "Ya just don need moor than ten rounds in a gun." And the interviewer said if my daughter needs more than ten, and your daughter needs twelve or fifteen to make the difference in their staying alive, is more than 10 ok then?
Befuttled, and pissed he spouted something about free samples at Costco and I missed the rest, but it was close to being handled perfectly.
I'll put some thought into a few things that could be said.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
You running for President?

Serious question to ponder, “what if all of the above doesn’t work?” What’s your suggestion? I agree that the majority of what people talk about doing simply doesn’t work. Being in their face, speaking intelligently and calmly with facts does go much farther, so does making an actual difference in people’s lives like the good guys with guns movement that Tuck started. However, you know what else works? Power, political influence, those that can throw around copious amounts of money. How do you fix a system that is already what many would call beyond broken?

lol if I’m running for president then everyone better standby for my executive order stating that all who use a public range must:

1). Demonstrate the ability to safely handle their firearms at all times

2). Demonstrate the ability to NOT FUCKING HANDLE THEM while the range is cold

lol but seriously...

To be honest I don’t know. However I do know that it’s a tactic that we aren’t successfully using.

Reactions: SilentStalkr

We need to go slow at first and focus on a few key areas they are livid about. We brake down their miss guided understanding on issue key points,
For example they over use the phrase "Universial background check". What really is it? What questions are asked? What paper work do in need to fill out and show I am who I say I am. What more questions could be added to improve the process. What does it cost the gun buyer and what cost to the ffl dealer to fill the form? And any cost to the state and federal govt to review and approve or deny the transaction.
They need to see that if I answer all the answers as needed I get a gun. You says I lied or not? What is the penality for lying? Our courts and police cant handle more small crimes.

Then do another regarding the red flag law. Pointing our need to address the mental I'll, but we have to follow rule of law. Search and sezure violations. Due process. Facing ones accusers. The add in again the cost to courts, cost to police, and the cost of civil lawsuits when it all goes sideways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: QuickNDirty
One major issue to deal with is the FUDD's. There's a metric shit ton of them that don't think we should have "assault rifle".
You’re not wrong, but the beauty of getting out the message of who we are is that it forces the opposition to further clarify that they are after all guns, not just the vilified, evil black guns. Once we identify ourselves as neighbors, co-workers, friends, citizens of the community that hunt, fish, work, shoot, play, teach, and live normally with the same desires for freedom and to be left alone as everyone else, it will become evident soon enough to even the fudds that the “bad” guns are only the surface of the plan.

This thread is proof of the fact that the Demos screaming for gun control are rousing the gun owning/freedom loving community like nothing else could. I think I may make a donation to Rorke's campaign just to encourage him to keep shooting his mouth off about taking our firearms.

Between "The Squad" and their anti-Americanism, and Rouke et al. yelling about confiscating weapons, I think these people are shooting themselves in the foot.

The old saying, "Give a man enough rope to hang himself with" applies.

There is also, "he would complain if you hung him with a new rope."

And my favorite for women "Why don't you piss up a rope."

Reactions: Dewey7271
So let's put together a letter or several together one voice

Based on my experience working with Congressmen and Senators and their respective staffs, I can assure you that nothing gets the attention of these politocs more than *individual* communications from their constituents. Form letters are spotted a mile off and do not get nearly the notice/attention as individual communications. They keep track of everything, but they pay attention, the most, to what are clearly sincere, individual communication: letters and phone calls. Emails are tracked, but not read carefully.

You can craft your own letter based on talking points, but use your own words to express the same thoughts.

Just FYI, FWIW.

So, get your elected representatives contact information and contact them, yourself, individually. Write your own thoughts. Express your own opinions.

Here is where you can get all the contact information you need:

Last edited:
Make no mistake.....you are their target.

But to your neighbors you are just Bob or Joe and you would never misuse your firearms. Your neighbors likely dont even know you have firearms.

Beto is not going to call out "Bob the neighbor" and show the reality of who they are after.

No, they have to create a "strawman".

The "evil, profit hungry gun manufacturers" - odd because the govt is the biggest gun distributor and has been shown they will give guns knowingly to psychopaths. They also gladly accept gun money as individuals to support them in office.

The other boogeyman is "the blood thirsty NRA". The NRA is nothing more than the unionization of gun owners. A union the communists cant support because it stands between them and total power. The NRA is a $45 donation from "Bob the neighbor" to represent him. It is not the manifestation of some killing cabal lead by Dr Evil. Sadly it is presently lead by Dr Dumb.

We have facts on our side. They dont.

The 20th Century from start to finish is the greatest exhibit of why private gun ownership matters and needs to be protected.

Their fight on this started 40 years ago in the grade schools.

Changing that much indoctrination is going to be hard.

The one chink (no offense @Blue Sky Country ) in their armor is that they have indoctrinated so much that everything is permissable that it should be easy to swing these people into thinking "Hey if I can fuck a goat who is the government to tell me I cant have an AR?"

Its a fight we have to win.

Last edited:
My only concern is the folks with the most influence and loudest voice dont care about facts and dont even believe their own bullshit. Their plights are only to change the ideals of the american sheep. For them, it's about control, not guns. They by no means, will say, do, broadcast, etc anything that could possibly undo what their lying has done.

Media and government are our enemies. Any sort of pesky facts and truths will never see the light of day coming from them. The letter that is drafted needs to go directly to the people that actually believe the falsehoods of gun control. Anything sent to a media group will be filed in the trash. A well articulated video of someone who can spell the truth out to where even the dumbest of people can understand and have a coherent thought enough to change their minds and perspectives.
We are getting hit on so many fronts. Media, gov, education system, Hollywood, even the medical community. What sucks is, we didnt fight it when it first began. You know why? Because we are the type of people to live and let live. We mind our own damn business like everyone else should. That's the problem with the left. They mind everyone else's business.
I'm not very optimistic on changing the official narrative, bc that's all the left really has. A narrative. A narrative based on lies and deceit.

With all that said, I'm on board for doing what Frank suggest. My only critique is on the recipients of the letter/video/or whatever we do. This is where social media could be great (as long as it doesnt get deleted or hidden from the powers at be). The message needs to be directed to the voters. They are the only minds that can be changed.
Now, the representatives that are pro 2A need more heat than ever before. They need to be reminded of why they are there. Their gusto needs to be rejuvenated.
I want to do whatever I can to help the cause. I just wanted to point out some things that concern me. But what do I know? Carry on.

Lmao y’all acting like we still have a dog in this fight. This fight was over before it began. No doubt it my mind we lost before we even knew it.

Letters to editors seems archaic to me. I haven't subscribed to a newspaper in some 20 years, and I rarely follow them online.

It seems to me that in order to address this issue we need to first identify where it came from and where we can have the most significant impact.

Just my opinion, but I think the anti-gun and and the non-gun cultures came from us now getting into second and third generations of Americans who grew up in urban centers and were not exposed to guns as commonplace tools of existence and survival.
People bred to see no need for firearms, because they've been conditioned to believe that the government will provide them with protection and Whole Foods will provide them with food.
Their naive trust in the government comes from them being selectively taught history lessons narrowed and altered by that government.

So the only real chance we have in this fight, in the long term, is to try to educate and win over the non-gunners - the people who aren't necessarily against guns, but who also have no experience or exposure to them.
Let's face it. We're not going to change Beto and his ilk.

We need more involvement and more engagement and interaction with the middle grounders at base levels in our towns, counties, and then let it leach into the cities. That means that like other groups with agendas, we need to make ourselves known in positive ways as gun owners and shooters. So whatever you do within your own neighborhoods make sure that you are labeled as a Good Guy With Guns. Not in a forceful and overbearing way. Not in a confrontational way. Quietly, subtly, and controlled.

If an anti-gun group is protesting in your city, don't be aggressive towards them. Let them do the shouting.
Instead, create another event on the other side of town or let's unify and hit that city with a positive event and message on gun ownership and use.
A hosted educational event or a charitable effort or both.

Many here say stuff like "Fuck Facebook and Twitter".
But like it or not, that's the battleground. That's where the people we can reach and win over are.
They're not reading letters to editors.
Most of them don't even know what that even means.
It's like saying "rolling down the window" or "carbon copy".

Bringing intelligent debate, positive messaging, and facts to those platforms can win hearts and minds, or at least foster a curiosity within them to learn more and understand what gun ownership means, what the shooting sports are about, and why guns are essential to freedom.

On a very basic level, we need to have gun owners and 2A supporters work their ways into the base levels of the media giants like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Google, etc.
I'm not talking about using their platforms, which we should also do as much as we can, because not doing so concedes the major battlefields.
I'm talking about going into the lion's den and having 2A oriented people working in those organizations at levels that matter.

It's a daunting task. We've given way more inches than we ever should have, and they've turned into miles.
But arguing with those whose minds we cannot change is pointless.
We need to take it back through the same ways we've lost it. From the ground up. Not from the top down.

The reason we started Good Guys With Guns here are in line with doing things the right way to win over the middle grounders.
The bigger we can make it the larger our impact can be.
As I said last night, we can make small noises until someone thinks they heard something. Then when we get some attention we can say what needs saying - that we are your neighbors, your friends, your co-workers, and we're not a threat to you. We are a threat to those who would threaten you.

Many here say stuff like "Fuck Facebook and Twitter". But like it or not, that's the battleground. That's where the people we can reach and win over are. They're not reading letters to editors. Most of them don't even know what that even means. It's like saying "rolling down the window" or "carbon copy".

Totally true!!!

Instagram, SnapChat, etc. .... that's where the Gen Z types and Millennials are hanging out these days.

Just a thought,
As this progresses, would it be wise to organize locally?
Iffy conotation, but it might be good to know as many people as possible who are on the same page. Not sure if anonymity isn't still a good defense. Might need this info in the future.
Thoughts ?

My only concern is the folks with the most influence and loudest voice dont care about facts and dont even believe their own bullshit. Their plights are only to change the ideals of the american sheep. For them, it's about control, not guns. They by no means, will say, do, broadcast, etc anything that could possibly undo what their lying has done.

Media and government are our enemies. Any sort of pesky facts and truths will never see the light of day coming from them. The letter that is drafted needs to go directly to the people that actually believe the falsehoods of gun control. Anything sent to a media group will be filed in the trash. A well articulated video of someone who can spell the truth out to where even the dumbest of people can understand and have a coherent thought enough to change their minds and perspectives.
We are getting hit on so many fronts. Media, gov, education system, Hollywood, even the medical community. What sucks is, we didnt fight it when it first began. You know why? Because we are the type of people to live and let live. We mind our own damn business like everyone else should. That's the problem with the left. They mind everyone else's business.
I'm not very optimistic on changing the official narrative, bc that's all the left really has. A narrative. A narrative based on lies and deceit.

With all that said, I'm on board for doing what Frank suggest. My only critique is on the recipients of the letter/video/or whatever we do. This is where social media could be great (as long as it doesnt get deleted or hidden from the powers at be). The message needs to be directed to the voters. They are the only minds that can be changed.
Now, the representatives that are pro 2A need more heat than ever before. They need to be reminded of why they are there. Their gusto needs to be rejuvenated.
I want to do whatever I can to help the cause. I just wanted to point out some things that concern me. But what do I know? Carry on.

There is no sector in govt today that recognizes they are there to work for us and that they are subservient to us.

I see it in communication from my kids' schools in their expectations and detail in what to bring, when to meet, requirements from parents of students.

Much different "attitudes" from my parents day.

Take liberals shooting. Im dead serious. I've certainly converted a few. Due to my professions, Im forced to work with them. For company events, I've managed to get us to do range day type shooting activities. Its actually pretty rewarding to see the light go on, they start saying things like- oh this is nothing like the moves, or this is actually a lot of fun. They even post their pictures on Facebook or the like and start conversations with their other friends. That does far more than any article or program they immediately dismiss as right wing can ever do. Those with an interest Ive invited out privately after the events and they have gone on to start purchasing their own firearms. They see the world a whole lot differently after that.

Not everyone was raised around guns. Those who werent just believe what they've been exposed to in television, movies, and news their whole lives. They dont have anything else to base an opinion on. Change that.

Perhaps,
We need more involvement on school boards. We have little knowledge of the curriculums being taught, K-12.
Not always happy with the ROI and public education.
Perhaps include classes on basic firearms safety, care, and use, emphasizing the 2nd amendment, but including the whole Bill of Rights.
Mandatory?